Niners rookie Ricky Pearsall shot in a robbery attempt in SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Let's limit the rest of comments to the injured young man. I think we all hope he has a full recovery and sucks against the Rams and/or when/if the whiners make the playoffs.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
All these people bashing "commiefornia"... SMH.

I've been out here for 15 years, and almost everyone I know just loves it out here. Neighbors and friends frequently greet each other by saying, "another beautiful day in paradise."

Polls show that the vast, vast majority of Californians love living here. Yeah it's pricey, but it's worth it!

"Commiefornia?" You mean the state that has by far the highest GDP (Gross Domestic Product) in the USA at 3.9 Trillion? ( #2 and #3 are Texas at 2.6 T and NY at 2.2 T, by the way.)

This apocalyptic "narrative" that CA is a hellscape of out-of-control crime crime is NOT supported by the actual facts. Yes, there are problems, but it is so overstated as to be laughable. Here's a quote for you:

"Everyone wants to live in safe communities, and data show California continues to experience crime rates well below historical peaks. The property crime rate — the number of property crimes per 100,000 residents — was 2,273 in 2023, far below the peak of 6,881 in 1980. The violent crime rate was 511 per 100,000 in 2023, less than half the 1992 peak of 1,104.

Crime rates have ticked up in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Any rise in crime is concerning, but state leaders should avoid overreacting as crime rates remain at historic lows in California."

I live here in beautiful San Luis Obispo, and I NEVER fear for my safety. Like most communities here in CA, crime is quite low. And it's embarrassingly wonderful here, sunny and 75degrees year-round.

And yes, I go up to visit friends and family in San Francisco about twice a year. A few months ago I went with a friend for a long weekend-- ate fantastic food in ChinaTown, did some shopping downtown, toured around Haight-Ashbury, walked in the Botanical Gardens, took in a comedy show and a theater show, hiked near the gorgeous Golden Gate. We had a blast, and joked about about how we didn't see any "zombies" that we'd been warned about.

And in case y'all didn't know, Los Angeles is a great city to visit, too. Maybe you California haters should, you know, come out for a visit to SoFI and take in a game of our LOS ANGELES Rams? Beautiful beaches, palm trees, hot chicks everywhere, fit and happy people enjoying the constant sunshine-- you just might sing "I love LA!" like Randy Newman:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADqxnQA_4

But hey, if not, that's fine too. The one thing we Californians complain about most is the traffic-- there's just too many damn people here. So if y'all wanna fall for the BS anti-California "narrative" and stay away, that's fine with us!

Yeah traffic is definitely a killer in a lot of places but that'll be in a lot of places since we all love the hankey pankey dance hahaha

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've had to delete several posts in this thread for being political. Let's knock this shit off and I don't really care what side you're on.

I'm very political away from this site and have very strong beliefs. I spent years actually IN politics. It doesn't belong here on this board though. So let's keep it out. I'd rather someone report a political post than have them respond to it with their own political post.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Sad, it used to be of the most beautiful and civilized cities on earth. And I do not like big cities.
I used to like to go down there and do the tourist thing. Luved Fishermans Warf, going down to Boudin's and getting some Clam Chowder/Chili in a bread bowl, maybe some wood fired pizza. Then go to Ghirardelli's and get a Sunday. Go to Golden gate park to the Steinhart Aquarium. Get some prime rib at the House of Prime Rib. Breakfast at the Cliff House.
Now, you have to dodge needles and shit on the sidewalks.
I will not even go there because the criminals can just bash out the windows of your car and the cops will not even come to your call, let alone help you.
I hope the young man heals up and makes it back to the field at 100%.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our crime rates may seem high statistically

Is that because most of them are incestuous relationships?

1725228137281.png

Ram65

Legend
But hey, if not, that's fine too. The one thing we Californians complain about most is the traffic-- there's just too many damn people here. So if y'all wanna fall for the BS anti-California "narrative" and stay away, that's fine with us!
I'm happy you're happy living in San Luis Obispo. If I ever move back to California that's the place I would want to go. I have never been there. I moved around in the 80s from the Anaheim area to the Valley to San Diego and finally to Diamond Bar.

I get a very negative impression of California watching YouTubers. It does seem large cities are having problems. SF and LA with drugs, homelessness, and crime. It is not limited to California cities as many major cities are reporting the same problems.

I can't imagine the traffic now compared to the late 80s nor the high cost of living. I hope Ricky Pearsall has a full recovery. Let's see what happens to the 17-year-old who decided to rob him at gunpoint. We need law and order no matter where you live.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Hey. My wife's show starts Friday and the opening is 6-8pm at the Gallery at 48 Natoma if you feel like checking it out. We'll be there all weekend.
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I work Friday night and Saturday for most of the day.

If you have time I suggest checking out Samuel Horne’s about 0.5 miles away on Sutter st

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I don’t care if the juvenile is 17 or 12 - you bring & use a gun, you should get charged and tried as an adult.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I work Friday night and Saturday for most of the day.

If you have time I suggest checking out Samuel Horne’s about 0.5 miles away on Sutter st
We are perched at the bar of Samuel Horne's. Just got done dropping off artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.