Niners rookie Ricky Pearsall shot in a robbery attempt in SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Folsom?? lol, that's the wealthy area of Sacramento. There are areas of Sacramento and the surrounding cities that have issues like all cities do, but Folsom/El Dorado Hills........you are all good my friend.
Yes, very wealthy area indeed. Those folks are glad to be far away from downtown Sac area. I have relatives that live in Granite Bay, which is pretty close and you gotta have some cash money to even entertain living out there.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Exactly. Why would I want him to be an amazing player for our most hated rival just bcuz he got shot in their shitty city?

The virtue signaling gets a little thick with some of ya'll....
Yes, I hope he fully recovers and fully busts as a football shortly after.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
This thread is turning into the meme of tell me it's election season without saying it's election season lol
It is making me feel a bit down reading this thread....
I'm going over to Boobies where its erection season so I can feel more up hahahahahaha

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It isn't but places like that make it more of a possibility unfortunately. Thieves out there aren't fearing the consequences and that place has gone so downhill its down right sad. With that said, no one should ever have to concern themselves with wearing something expensive that they rightfully got with their own money. You are correct because it only takes ONE idiot to want to rob someone for something like this to happen.
Armed robbery has consequences in CA. You know this.

Details matter.

Yeah, unfortunately... the idea that people get robbed of jewelry at gunpoint is something that's been around long enough that it's literally Batman's origin story.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Decided to see how the crime rate in Kansas compares to SF, for no reason in particular (CrimeGrade.org):

I have read....that one issue with these published rates between states/counties/cities, is that typically the FBI builds these maps/tables from data they receive - unfortunately, some places (maybe S.F., LA, etc.) have decided to not report data to the FBI... so, the published information can have a awkward bias to it.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Feel bad for the guy. He was getting a lot of hype and I considered him a late fantasy pick.

I’m glad Ricky is okay. As emasculating as it seems, he should not have tried to fight someone who has a gun pulled on him. Just hand it over. Nothing that Pearsall owns is worth his own life. Things could have gone very very differently.

I also don’t believe an individual being robbed is a “state of the country” thing that somehow highlights the failures of society.

You know what’s more worrisome to me than a thug trying to rip me off?

The teenage boys that spend all their time on the internet, don’t have friends, can’t get girlfriends, get angry and dissatisfied, then “borrow” from their daddy’s rifle closet on their way to a supermarket or church.

Those fuckers are a lot more scary than some thug trying to rob me. The thug wants my wallet or whatever jewelry I have. What do you think the angry teenager wants?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear gun shots every weekday in my small Kansas town like some suburban areas in CA. do at night. But that's because folks are bringing in their cows to be killed and processed for food at the meat locker. A lot of us like to know where our meat comes from and so they opt for this over packaged meat at a store. They shoot each one with a gun and that's what we hear inside of our house.

Our crime rates may seem high statistically, but comparing crime stats on the West Coast with rural Midwest towns is misleading. We still prosecute all of the crimes they no longer prosecute nor track in the West. Yes, crime per capita may see high, but we are talking about a handful of crimes in a Kansas town of several hundred for a year. We keep firearms for protection because a county sheriff will not make it to our house in less than 15 minutes, but it's not really that much of a worry.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I couldn't live close to a meat processing plant. The city boy in me couldn't handle that. Though I certainly do appreciate the affordable and fresh meat that is available in my region.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, very wealthy area indeed. Those folks are glad to be far away from downtown Sac area. I have relatives that live in Granite Bay, which is pretty close and you gotta have some cash money to even entertain living out there.
I used to swim and dive for lost items in Folsom Lake. I used to have a lot of sunglasses!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I couldn't live close to a meat processing plant. The city boy in me couldn't handle that. Though I certainly do appreciate the affordable and fresh meat that is available in my region.
We haven't done it in a while, but we'd buy a quarter of a "beef" and keep it in our coffin freezer. That's the good stuff.

"BTW, I'm sure I can get you a job in my town's food locker" ~ Reformed California City Boi

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

Details matter.

Yeah, unfortunately... the idea that people get robbed of jewelry at gunpoint is something that's been around long enough that it's literally Batman's origin story.
You are correct, in the batman principle. When Joker world prevails, he is imminent. No politics here, just facts.

That said... NFL/PA guidelines on what to do when you are being robbed, incoming....

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rationalizing the disintegration of so many of our cities is not the answer. The downtown of SF is a wasteland and this is not just limited to SF. It is in fact a problem in most large cities now in the US that are run by a specific party. There are boarded up businesses everywhere.

There should be alarm because we should care about these things. Our focus should be rolling up our sleeves and working to fix the problem, not denying that it exists.
This is not the only video this guy has made.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezgdCXpIdEU

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Nowhere near as awkward a bias that narrative usually has, and, unfortunately, narrative is the much stronger driver of conversation on so many topics in the US today.
I don't want to misinterpret your message here. Do you care to add some clarity to your insinuations?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rationalizing the disintegration of so many of our cities is not the answer. The downtown of SF is a wasteland and this is not just limited to SF. It is in fact a problem in most large cities now in the US that are run by a specific party. There are boarded up businesses everywhere.

There should be alarm because we should care about these things. Our focus should be rolling up our sleeves and working to fix the problem, not denying that it exists.

Reporting live from where the cities aren't the only places with disgusting corruption, incompetent officials and all the violent crimes you can imagine. Here in the Ozarks, we are a self reliant people and we manage to do all our dirty deeds without any help from that one specific party.

I hope the kid makes a full recovery and goes on to get a huge contract extension from the 49ers just before his chronic injury issues make him a liability on the field and a lockeroom cancer off of it.

GO RAMS!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
All these people bashing "commiefornia"... SMH.

I've been out here for 15 years, and almost everyone I know just loves it out here. Neighbors and friends frequently greet each other by saying, "another beautiful day in paradise."

Polls show that the vast, vast majority of Californians love living here. Yeah it's pricey, but it's worth it!

"Commiefornia?" You mean the state that has by far the highest GDP (Gross Domestic Product) in the USA at 3.9 Trillion? ( #2 and #3 are Texas at 2.6 T and NY at 2.2 T, by the way.)

This apocalyptic "narrative" that CA is a hellscape of out-of-control crime crime is NOT supported by the actual facts. Yes, there are problems, but it is so overstated as to be laughable. Here's a quote for you:

"Everyone wants to live in safe communities, and data show California continues to experience crime rates well below historical peaks. The property crime rate — the number of property crimes per 100,000 residents — was 2,273 in 2023, far below the peak of 6,881 in 1980. The violent crime rate was 511 per 100,000 in 2023, less than half the 1992 peak of 1,104.

Crime rates have ticked up in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Any rise in crime is concerning, but state leaders should avoid overreacting as crime rates remain at historic lows in California."

I live here in beautiful San Luis Obispo, and I NEVER fear for my safety. Like most communities here in CA, crime is quite low. And it's embarrassingly wonderful here, sunny and 75degrees year-round.

And yes, I go up to visit friends and family in San Francisco about twice a year. A few months ago I went with a friend for a long weekend-- ate fantastic food in ChinaTown, did some shopping downtown, toured around Haight-Ashbury, walked in the Botanical Gardens, took in a comedy show and a theater show, hiked near the gorgeous Golden Gate. We had a blast, and joked about about how we didn't see any "zombies" that we'd been warned about.

And in case y'all didn't know, Los Angeles is a great city to visit, too. Maybe you California haters should, you know, come out for a visit to SoFI and take in a game of our LOS ANGELES Rams? Beautiful beaches, palm trees, hot chicks everywhere, fit and happy people enjoying the constant sunshine-- you just might sing "I love LA!" like Randy Newman:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADqxnQA_4

But hey, if not, that's fine too. The one thing we Californians complain about most is the traffic-- there's just too many damn people here. So if y'all wanna fall for the BS anti-California "narrative" and stay away, that's fine with us!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Folsom, not much to worry about. Getting seriously upper class out there. Once you head west to Rancho Cordova and thereafter, may be some areas you wish to avoid at and after sundown.
Hey. My wife's show starts Friday and the opening is 6-8pm at the Gallery at 48 Natoma if you feel like checking it out. We'll be there all weekend.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Details matter.

Sorry when I say there aren't consequences, people essentially get slaps on the wrist overall at best. As long as it isn't a crazy cruel crime, most people serve very little to no time and are back on the streets again. Jail as rehabilitation is definitely a joke. Yes details matter for sure, but man does our society need a better solution to deal with this crap. The answer to that however is complex as hell since there are so many directions that could take.

Status
Not open for further replies.