New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Every year since football and the internet started = Week One......"OMG! We suck/We are going to da Superbowl" comments.........Howa bout No.....wait until at the very LEAST game two before deciding what a team is..........................well except for Carolina.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So it was tied up with both teams going into overtime.
One team is blowing the other team off the line of scrimmage and running the ball down their throat.

Nothing to compliment on that.
Yeah.. I think it’s a team game and the D did its job.
The O had critical errors..
remember… the Rams are built on the premise if you hold the opposing team to 20, you should win.
Holding that offense to 20 in regulation was very solid.

Tano

Legend
Really? :)
You have extremely low expectations.
We were embarrassed in overtime.
EMBARRASSED
You are too hard on the defense.

They played well until overtime.

Then unfortunately they had a completely gassed front and linebackers. At the minimum they should have taken out Reeder and put Speights in because Reeder was done at the end of the game.

Tano

Legend
My point exactly.
I looked at the plays just now and both Reeder and Rozeboom sucked on that drive. Both were absolutely terrible.

Taking wrong angles - getting pushed back - it was just horrible just how bad both of them played on that drive

Turner Fiske and I believe Brown were not helping either.

LOURam85

Rookie
Very optimistic about this defense. I think it can be top 10 by the end of the season, assuming all the young guys improve. Durant looked great filling in for Williams. Fiske and Verse both looked very good for their first NFL game, in that atmosphere, against perhaps the best offensive line the NFL. Tre White looks to still have it. Let's hope he can stay healthy. I liked what I saw from Shula. A lot. Let's see what he does when offenses get tape on his schemes. The play of the LBs really is a compliment to him. It was not perfect but it was very encouraging.
If Durant keeps it up it might be his job

LOURam85

Rookie
Pff had them both bottom 5:
  • CB Tre’Davious White: 52.1
  • NT Bobby Brown III: 49.6
  • LB Christian Rozeboom: 47.5
  • LB Troy Reeder: 44.2
  • DE Tyler Davis: 38.8
I think they did decent early in the game but got worn down and exposed. The OT TD was predominantly on them.
Fair enough. I expect it from the hoi polloi on YT, etc, but I think we should hold ourselves to a higher standard, no ?
Jamo got td on white he was decent all game they just got tired

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I looked at the plays just now and both Reeder and Rozeboom sucked on that drive. Both were absolutely terrible.

Taking wrong angles - getting pushed back - it was just horrible just how bad both of them played on that drive

Turner Fiske and I believe Brown were not helping either.
I wrote earlier that I can't believe we're trotting out two undrafted free agents that were both recently released from other teams.
Bless them both for trying hard and giving it their all, but I definitely think we're lacking in that area.
I don't think it's an exaggeration at all to say that Ernest Jones could have been the difference in that game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're all frustrated by the Boom issues in general, but McVay revealed that his high ankle sprain happened on the FIRST snap. He played 26 more before leaving the game. Maybe the snark that seems to view injuries as a character flaw should be tempered.

That makes it worse. He couldn't even stay healthy after one snap.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That makes it worse. He couldn't even stay healthy after one snap.

Yep. Giving Boom the benefit of the doubt would now fall into that definition of insanity range. The dude is not a good LT and we cannot rely on him.