My OTA’s stars or surprises

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
IMG_2683.jpeg

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Hope Fiske doesnt puke like Puka did working out with Kupp. Although that may be wishful thinking. But either way this is the opportunity of a lifetime for any rookie DL, to get to train the best to ever do it. I cant wait for September to get here.
I hope he does puke.
It will show how far he needs to go and how far he is WILLING to go.
….ok, I admit I love hearing about guys who puke while working out. It shows commitment.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re; Hunter Long (as an example) ....
We as Ram fans should know that big contributors can come from anywhere..witness, Puca .. who ever heard of Puca as of a year ago in June? And did we expect Kobie Turner to be a total stud DT? And K. Williams?
Watch who is playing in OTAs and other small comments McVay makes can be telling and meaningful... let's see what Hunter Long brings given playing lots in OTAs etc. and let's keep our eye open for a few other surprise performers this year...

Thanks to all of you picking up bits and pieces and/or going to OTA/practices...Keep the info coming!
I am particularly interested in all our DL/OLB -- Hampton et al. Are any ascending and will they impact the games this year? I am skeptical of Brown given his past up and DOWN performances. I hope I'm wrong about him.

p.s. I am reading lots about how badly the Rams wanted Bowers in draft. They offered Giants and Raiders a ton. Snead must think Bowers is a total game changer. I'm VERY happy though with Verse/Fiske combination. The best thing I heard about Verse was Belichick's comments about Verse during draft TV broadcast: "He does LOTS of things very well". Moreover Belichick had an interesting comment re: Verse's impact on Rams: "You must stop the run to earn the right to rush the passer". He felt Verse can do both. Interesting perspective "stop the run to earn the right to rush the passer" , and his Pat defenses (even last year they were good on D) were formidable most years. BB is a jerk. But he can coach defense for darn sure.

GO RAMS!
IMO - Bowers might have been had if The Rams offered the Taiders the same they did to the Giants.I actually also think Snead wanted a defensive player more & enjoyed letting the process play out.
-/Even when Mcvay wanted that big tackle from Texas he made Mcvay wait.
—It was funny when Mcvay sort of lost it on Snead when Cinncy was in the clock.It made there relationship even stronger for the future.
—Mcvay really wanted a DT though & Fiske was a guy they really liked & paid a big price for.That said they had a 1st rd grade him & gave up 2 2nd rd picks to get him.

Verse is a leader type as well & brings that Energy every day.

Nick Caley is the pass game guy & coached for BB.He liked Long last year & might have been a guy who liked him from his NE days ?Making that trade with Miami ? Parkinson was the guy that got the most 1st. Team reps,back was nursing an injury a little??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hope Fiske doesnt puke like Puka did working out with Kupp. Although that may be wishful thinking. But either way this is the opportunity of a lifetime for any rookie DL, to get to train the best to ever do it. I cant wait for September to get here.
I think it’s AD99 doing the training? lol. Still - yeah sure.I always like training camp & as Mcvay says the process.
-You know you enjoy it as well.The preseason is another stepping stone I enjoy.I’d say with Fiske,more like don’t pull a muscle working out with AD99

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hope he does puke.
….ok, I admit I love hearing about guys who puke while working out. It shows commitment.

Matt Ryan piking at BC was classic.

Puka will be called PUCKA

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thinking about The Rams O’Line

Oldnitdead talks about Larson,& The Rams drafted Levestone.

What gets me these time of year is how fast Ram Fans discard players who have been Rams & know the process .You know the work works

Warren McCleddon still has to be unseated.He is younger than both Larson & Levestone.Plus has a season of NFL EXPERIENCE!! WTF people ? He is The Rams RT of the future.(right now)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Beaux Limmer is the best center option right now.Noteboom & Warren are penciled in for 2024 with Tge Rama

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Beaux Limmer is the best center option right now.Noteboom & Warren are penciled in for 2024 with Tge Rama
Not sure who Tge Rama is, however, Limmer will be the backup Center with Noteboom & Warren McClendon as the backup Tackles. KT Leveston will be the final OL as they will keep 9 IMHO. That way all three Boom, McClendon & even Leveston can play LT, but Leveston will kick inside, however, nice that he has that experience.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thinking about The Rams O’Line

Oldnitdead talks about Larson,& The Rams drafted Levestone.

What gets me these time of year is how fast Ram Fans discard players who have been Rams & know the process .You know the work works

Warren McCleddon still has to be unseated.He is younger than both Larson & Levestone.Plus has a season of NFL EXPERIENCE!! WTF people ? He is The Rams RT of the future.(right now)

Agreed. I've mentioned this before, but I believe that McClendon is a smaller Havenstein in terms of how he plays the game with technique and leverage rather than power or athleticism. I could see him as our RT of the future, especially if he's filled out his frame.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure who Tge Rama is, however, Limmer will be the backup Center with Noteboom & Warren McClendon as the backup Tackles. KT Leveston will be the final OL as they will keep 9 IMHO. That way all three Boom, McClendon & even Leveston can play LT, but Leveston will kick inside, however, nice that he has that experience.
lol- must have slept & sent ? Your guess is a good or better than mine. Agree - with 9,but then again competition is a thing.Usually though The Rams to a Fault will keep a drafted players the majority of it’s even close.

The preseason will be interesting upfront.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
lol- must have slept & sent ? Your guess is a good or better than mine. Agree - with 9,but then again competition is a thing.Usually though The Rams to a Fault will keep a drafted players the majority of it’s even close.

The preseason will be interesting upfront.
I like A.J. Arcuri too, however, they have had him a couple of years and with the addition of Leveston and the fact he can play other positions along the OL will give him the edge. I believe they have a solid 9 now barring injury and I believe it is time to say goodbye to the likes of Zach Thomas, Mike McCallister and even Logan Bruss.

A few guys they might keep on their practice squad is Grant Miller, Justin Dedich & Tackle Blake Larson.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I hope he does puke.
Time for an anecdote. When I was playing highschool ball, we would have a before school conditioning practice right before 1st period weight training. I throw up easy, so normally I would skip breakfast to avoid feeling queezy. Well, one day I woke up hungry and ate breakfast. Just so happened to be the day our coach decided to go balls to the wall with conditioning that day. We get back to the weight room after running the track, kneeling around our coach as he spouts the usually nonsense about having to work hard. I barf in the middle of our little semi-circle. I can hear my team mates grumbling and my coach jumping up and down screaming "That is the commitment I want to see!"

It was funny, mainly because I know my barfing has not much to do with pushing myself. I still to this day barf easy. I barf every time I would sprint (with maximum effort) the 400m. Idk why it happens. But it does.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Time for an anecdote. When I was playing highschool ball, we would have a before school conditioning practice right before 1st period weight training. I throw up easy, so normally I would skip breakfast to avoid feeling queezy. Well, one day I woke up hungry and ate breakfast. Just so happened to be the day our coach decided to go balls to the wall with conditioning that day. We get back to the weight room after running the track, kneeling around our coach as he spouts the usually nonsense about having to work hard. I barf in the middle of our little semi-circle. I can hear my team mates grumbling and my coach jumping up and down screaming "That is the commitment I want to see!"

It was funny, mainly because I know my barfing has not much to do with pushing myself. I still to this day barf easy. I barf every time I would sprint (with maximum effort) the 400m. Idk why it happens. But it does.
Funny, and the coach got to use the timing of it all.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think it’s AD99 doing the training? lol. Still - yeah sure.I always like training camp & as Mcvay says the process.
-You know you enjoy it as well.The preseason is another stepping stone I enjoy.I’d say with Fiske,more like don’t pull a muscle working out with AD99
very interesting that they are working out. It'll fuel AD coming back sometime this season chatter. But, hey, you might be able to read AD by his actions in retirement. That FULL feeling he was having could wane a bit as real football starts. Besides that, I can't think of a better person for Fiske to be hanging out with right now.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like A.J. Arcuri too, however, they have had him a couple of years and with the addition of Leveston and the fact he can play other positions along the OL will give him the edge. I believe they have a solid 9 now barring injury and I believe it is time to say goodbye to the likes of Zach Thomas, Mike McCallister and even Logan Bruss.

A few guys they might keep on their practice squad is Grant Miller, Justin Dedich & Tackle Blake Larson.
Agree - the awesome thing about The Rams & there Offensive Line besides how talented they’ve become with Avila,Jackson;Jackson),Dotson is The Coaching Staff !!
Ran Fans will see how much Shula has developed,but from the beginning of my training camps since Mcvay has been The HC is Zak Kromer..

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ryan Wendell from what he was going to bring as The Rams O’Line coach & how The Offensive Line has evolved since he took over last season.

The development is what’s going to be big continuing moving forward as well.