My OTA’s stars or surprises

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who becomes the backup center to me will be a position I’ll be looking at during training camp.

Limmer might have the edge in the end. Grant Miller & Mike McAllister

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
KT Leveston is the most intriguing player The Rams drafted for me is.
His size & body of work in college was impressive.He was such a late draft pick,but his confidence is off the charts.I think he has a unique body & balance ? IMO he is going to compete at a high level & seems very coach able.

I look forward to seeing his progression vs other players fighting for a roster spot.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So how many OL are the Rams gonna carry on the 53 man roster?
Who will they be?

As for the rookies, no way Limmer makes it to the PS, so he will join Jackson, Jackson, Avila, Dotson, Havs, and Noteboom. That’s 7 right there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who will they be?

As for the rookies, no way Limmer makes it to the PS, so he will join Jackson, Jackson, Avila, Dotson, Havs, and Noteboom. That’s 7 right there.

You’re forgetting Warren McClendon, whom we drafted in the fifth round last year. Add in KT Leveston, and that’s nine. No need to keep more.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
You’re forgetting Warren McClendon, whom we drafted in the fifth round last year. Add in KT Leveston, and that’s nine. No need to keep more.

I didn’t forget them, I’m just curious what people think the total will be and who they are. Yours looks good if they’re gonna carry 9.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I didn’t forget them, I’m just curious what people think the total will be and who they are. Yours looks good if they’re gonna carry 9.
Fair. I just love McClendon’s potential skill set at right tackle. Add in Leveston being a swing guard, and Limmer as backup center/guard, and - of course - our starting five mountains, and I don’t think we’re keeping more than those nine.

Now D-line and the secondary? That’s going to be interesting and one of my top watches this preseason. Our undrafted free agents we picked up on both fronts (lots of UDFA corners and three really interesting UDFAs on the line) are intriguing as it is, but we really do have a lot of solid players at D-line and secondary ready.

If you can believe it, Bobby Brown III will not turn twenty-four until August. BB3, Desjuan Johnson showed out last year, Tyler Davis being intriguing, Fiske and Turner, obviously, and I really think David Olajiga could be someone special in the league if it all comes together for him.

As for the secondary, we’re as loaded at safety as I can remember. Obviously Curl and Kinchens, but let’s not forget about Lake, Yeast, Taylor II, and JJ3. Tanner Ingle was a stud in preseason last year, and Kenny Logan Jr. and Tank McCullough are interesting adds.

The cornerback situation is both scary and intriguing. If White reaches his former level, that could be the steal of the offseason. If D-Will is what we had from him in the past, he could be a steal. Then you have Durant and THT, both of whom I love. (And I suppose Kendrick…) We obviously see something in Shaun Jolly and Cameron McCutcheon, having kept both of them from prior seasons. And the UDFAs (Josh Wallace, Cam Lampkin, and Charles Woods) can’t be discounted either.

Either way, camp is gonna be rocking.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who will they be?

That is such a hard question IMO & who makes the team as well.

If history has it then 9 & dress 7 on game day.Traditional they’d keep these last 2024 O’Line picks & McCleddon.

Could Joesph Noteboom be moved(traded) ? He has value,but comes with a big Cap number as well.He is one of my favorite Rams to cheer for,but the business side of it he could draw a 4th rd pick ?

There is a lot to evaluate here.The preseason for The Rams is going to be as FUN(winning) as it has been under Sean Mcvay since his Rookie season(2017)

Next week we will have a better clue & I’ll be there the last 2 days .
How is LMU going to compare to UCI ? My thoughts more like Costa Mesa(chargers) or Oxnard(Dallas) ? Hopefully more like Oxnard were you can get closer to the players & the field.VIP tents of course get there place.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree- like my long post. 9 & 7 on Sundays.Plus 2 to 3 on the practice squad.
I can see teams poaching a couple of them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fair. I just love McClendon’s potential skill set at right tackle. Add in Leveston being a swing guard, and Limmer as backup center/guard, and - of course - our starting five mountains, and I don’t think we’re keeping more than those nine.

Now D-line and the secondary? That’s going to be interesting and one of my top watches this preseason. Our undrafted free agents we picked up on both fronts (lots of UDFA corners and three really interesting UDFAs on the line) are intriguing as it is, but we really do have a lot of solid players at D-line and secondary ready.

If you can believe it, Bobby Brown III will not turn twenty-four until August. BB3, Desjuan Johnson showed out last year, Tyler Davis being intriguing, Fiske and Turner, obviously, and I really think David Olajiga could be someone special in the league if it all comes together for him.

As for the secondary, we’re as loaded at safety as I can remember. Obviously Curl and Kinchens, but let’s not forget about Lake, Yeast, Taylor II, and JJ3. Tanner Ingle was a stud in preseason last year, and Kenny Logan Jr. and Tank McCullough are interesting adds.

The cornerback situation is both scary and intriguing. If White reaches his former level, that could be the steal of the offseason. If D-Will is what we had from him in the past, he could be a steal. Then you have Durant and THT, both of whom I love. (And I suppose Kendrick…) We obviously see something in Shaun Jolly and Cameron McCutcheon, having kept both of them from prior seasons. And the UDFAs (Josh Wallace, Cam Lampkin, and Charles Woods) can’t be discounted either.

Either way, camp is gonna be rocking.

I’ll start with D’Line - agree with the MAIN Players.Yes Bobby Brown & Kobie Turner as pushing each other.BB111 is the happiest Ram that AD98 retired & really ain’t afraid to say it without looking bad or disrespectful.

Corey Durden was a player who came out of no where to get playing time last season.

Larrell Murchison looks as fit as he has ever been & has that experience thing going on.He is in a battle though.

You like Olajiga who is big.Goodlow like Jason Taylor were players from OKSt. I liked watching in big games.

Some hard Choices.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO with The DB’s The Rams might keep a couple extra players there.

Players that want to make the squad are going to have to think about Special Teams as well.

With Shula as the Ex-DB’s coach might be looking at more nickel/dime sets with Q. Lake instead of an extra LBer.They learned a lot of it with Jalen Ramsey as well. Communication will be Key.

Aubrey is that type of coach as well.When he was first a Rams CV/DV’s coach you could hear him calling out the plays asking players to read what they were saying.
CB is still a little concerning.

From the Young Players there is going to be a couple surprise's.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I’ve been a Joesph Noteboom Fan for awhile now.He has been a disappointment over his career,but continues to refine me his craft.
There’s no mention of him in this article,or any of the backups.

IMO he is a bonus & sort of like The 6th man in the NBA.He might not get in every game,but could he be entered into a POWER Formation on short yardage/goal line ?

Then again could be a late trade option? I don’t see if happening,because next season he could jump into that Starting LT role if Alaric Jackson becomes to expensive? That would give The Rams a year for Noteboom to mentor his replacement of the future. Just thoughts & curious on what happens with his contract.
—Jourdan last year predicted or was reporting he was getting CUT?
Brian Allen did & B. Fiske hopefully looks a lot better in that #55 jersey.

I used to knock him, but Noteboom saved our bacon several times last year. We're lucky to have somebody who can step in at multiple positions and we hardly miss a beat.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I used to knock him, but Noteboom saved our bacon several times last year. We're lucky to have somebody who can step in at multiple positions and we hardly miss a beat.
I like Joe Noteboom very much as a sixth-OL. It's just the large cap hit that's frustrating.

3 of the Rams' top-8 salary cap hits this season are Aaron Donald, Tyler Higbee and Noteboom ... almost $50M.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I like Joe Noteboom very much as a sixth-OL. It's just the large cap hit that's frustrating.

3 of the Rams' top-8 salary cap hits this season are Aaron Donald, Tyler Higbee and Noteboom ... almost $50M.
Hey @Faceplant, regarding the OUCH (I agree), it's OK when you consider that Kyren Williams, Puka Nacua, Kobie Turner, Ernest Jones, Byron Young and Steve Avila combined have a 2024 cap hit that is under $10M.

Balances out.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Well, over the years the one thing we have come to rely on with Joe Noteboom is his unreliability.
When asked(and paid) to be a starter, yes, he has had a problem staying on the field. I get the frustration. I was one of those people who felt that way in ‘22; but after seeing him return to a backup role, I have seen what he has always been—a fantastic sixth man. Granted, now an expensive one.

I’m not campaigning for the guy, but he wasn’t the only OT who missed time last season; and Jackson has had his share of missed games since HE got here too. The Rams have THREE good to very good Tackles and they needed all three last year. I expect the same in ‘24.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m not campaigning for the guy, but he wasn’t the only OT who missed time last season; and Jackson has had his share of missed games since HE got here too. The Rams have THREE good to very good Tackles and they needed all three last year. I expect the same in ‘24.
I concur on Jackson not being the poster child for durability either, however, even when Boom is called upon to fill in, there is an expiration date on Boom's durability.

Noteboom filled in for Whit during the Super Bowl run in post season against Tampa, but after playing well in that game, was out for the rest of post season. Last year too, when called upon, his play was solid, however, the shelf life is about three games at best as Boom's favorite song is Gimme Three Steps Towards The Door.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

Even after restructuring him in March?