My OTA’s stars or surprises

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think TuTu may be a positive surprise as a vet and Brennan Jackson as a somewhat unexpected rookie
Like Merlin posted saying Tutu might be a BUST? I’m with on Tutu Atwell.IMO he is underrated & will bring The Rams a nice element to the offense.
-Tutu is always going to be a deep threat.He hasn’t been the most physical player.He is still in a way a little raw & think by the start of the season ripens a lot.
He’s getting stronger & is actually a physical WR going across the middle.
He actually learned how to get PI’s called in his favor,which is as good as a catch.Those result into 30 or 40 yard plays getting the offense in the Red Zone.

This Brennen Jackson kid is a Riverside guy.He’ll add a few more Rams Fans cheering for there local kid.My MOM would have LOVED just his story.

I am not going to except much from him his rookie season.There is a player he will be playing with on the 2nd team or behind in 2024.
Michael to me is such a STUD!!
Pure stud imo in the way he has developed.That said is Jackson couldn’t have a better mentor.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tutu will make one or two good plays a game at most.
You know for a 4th wr & a team needs a big play or to break a game open that’s not bad.
IMO Johnson will make the team as the 6th WR.He is only getting better as well.Jordan wouldn’t make as big of an impact in 2024 at least as a WR.
The Rams starting 3 are going to be HOW GOOD?

Tano

Legend
You know for a 4th wr & a team needs a big play or to break a game open that’s not bad.
IMO Johnson will make the team as the 6th WR.He is only getting better as well.Jordan wouldn’t make as big of an impact in 2024 at least as a WR.
The Rams starting 3 are going to be HOW GOOD?
Oh I don't mind him as a 4th wr - I just don't see him being anything more than a 4th WR.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ll use this as my TRAINING CAMP
predictions.Keep it updated through training camp.Wouldn’t make it to to many. Need to dial in those dates.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The QB position ??

Matthew Stafford-holding out ?
I don’t see it happening.

Jimmy G’ is an awesome backup,but as Jake Elbong keeps reminding us is he will be SUSPENDED The first 2 GAMES!!! His passing ability to WR’s is going to be priceless.He should be able to help The WR’s & DB’s get better.

Bennett he has to get ready in a hurry & then just stay connected learning from both Stafford & Jimmy.

Dresser Winn is just a guy who adds to the Reps players get.Matthew isn’t getting any younger & needs to manage his arm(hand,thumb) body. The added arm.

Nothing much worry about here.
The Rams are in TOP 5 at QB!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well I’ll start with OTA’s before the draft Zach Evan’s was The Man.He was getting early chances.Ron Gould wanted to show confidence in him.He was working hard,finding the value in protecting the ball.He sort of got pushed back some.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams signed Boston Scott who should find a couple carries during games.He is going to be The KO returner.
We’ll get to see what that looks like though.It’s going to be interesting,but from the look of things might be a really important position.
Which also means that The Rams are going to have to find a 2nd player who can step in in case of anything happens to Boston Scott.
Who that player is is going to fight for it,which opens the door for competition.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Blake Corum has been establishing himself as The Number 2(1) RB.I’m not saying he is going to start over Kyren Williams who was basically a Pro Bowler if he had stayed healthy.It will take 4 games to start to get real comfortable at learning the RB position.

The thing I have always LOVED about Blake Corum is his ability to CAPTURE The Moment! He is a Big Game RB & finds his way into The ENDZONE!! He is more STOUT than Williams & my hope is on 3rd a shorts he can move The Chains!!
His size,style & power really helps him find those gaps & get under the tackles(ends) to get that extra half of yard plus.

The thing I also see is with The Rams Front 3 is more of a push as well adding to extra yards.I’ve always been a Big Fan of Blake Corum at Michigan.I always knew when #2(22) was in & Ram Fans will now know that as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ronnie Rivers.He has had his chances & has shown he can run the football at The NFL level.
Now he must continue his journey with The Rams.
—It’s is not going to be easy,but he is going into his 3rd season as a Ram.He has limits,but he is a willing blocker & doesn’t have bad hands out of the backfield.He also has Power for his Size!!

When Williams went down,so did Rivers.Those 4 (3) games & then against Detroit was basically what might have cost The Rams the game.Amongst other things.Might be knit picking,but staying healthy when called on is a Big Deal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
KDubs WAS in the pro bowl...

Well there you go a Big Honor for a 2nd year guy who basically MO RAMS FAN saw coming.

I saw him his rookie year running with uniform & no pads with 2 coaches trying to tackle(touch) him.
I’d say a 6th grade kid told me he was going to be The Rams started his rookie year.I said better than Cam Akers & D. Henderson in a contract year.He said he knew (autographs)them(talked).
—I liked the pick,but it wasn’t until Cam Akers sort of went AWOL for the 2nd year in a row that I saw his value as a starting RB.Still the season he had was very impressive.
—I had him on my FANTASY Team after that 2nd game.Puka was The First of The Rams young stars to shine after Steve Avila who shined from his VERY 1st day as a RAM !!

BTW-thanks Faceplant

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess that sets me up for when I yelled at PUKA last training camp.He had missed a punt through his hands.It was actually like your better than that.
He was establishing himself as a key rotational player early.
What a FREAKING season.

Add his offseason & Rams Fans have to be excited to see if he can be much more improved?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Agree. Hunter Long will be a positive surprise at TE. He was a stud at BC in ACC and he's had nagging issues and at Miami Dolphins it just didn't work out. Watch out for Hunter Long. Great hands. Good blocker.
Guys like him just seem to prove that they will never be healthy. So I have my doubts.

I think Parkinson will be revelation at TE. With his size, he will be a monster in the redzone. And think that they can employ Kupp, Puka, Davis Allen, and Parkinson inside the 10. Now you can run it or throw it with those TEs in there as they can block or become big targets for Stafford.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Guys like him just seem to prove that they will never be healthy. So I have my doubts.

I think Parkinson will be revelation at TE. With his size, he will be a monster in the redzone. And think that they can employ Kupp, Puka, Davis Allen, and Parkinson inside the 10. Now you can run it or throw it with those TEs in there as they can block or become big targets for Stafford.
That would be an excellent short yardage/red zone set.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I remember when KW couldn’t get on the field his rookie season (‘22) despite the opportunities available. Other rookies like Yeast, Lake, Durant, and Kendrick got in some valuable reps. Even a vet like mayfield seized the chance to get on the field for a good look.

Then the Rams drafted Zach Evans and his praises were sung.
He failed to see the field with any regularity in HIS rookie season.

Meanwhile, KW went off.

I’m gonna wait to see what happens to ZE in 2024 before forming any real opinion of him. He has started out the same way KW did, but on a much better team.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Ronnie Rivers.He has had his chances & has shown he can run the football at The NFL level.
Now he must continue his journey with The Rams.
—It’s is not going to be easy,but he is going into his 3rd season as a Ram.He has limits,but he is a willing blocker & doesn’t have bad hands out of the backfield.He also has Power for his Size!!

When Williams went down,so did Rivers.Those 4 (3) games & then against Detroit was basically what might have cost The Rams the game.Amongst other things.Might be knit picking,but staying healthy when called on is a Big Deal.
The thing that stood out with Rivers last TC was he was the only back that would bounce off the contact and run for open field. He is quick and has really increased his strength. He may be a good return guy with the new rules if anything should happen to Boston Scott.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The thing that stood out with Rivers last TC was he was the only back that would bounce off the contact and run for open field. He is quick and has really increased his strength. He may be a good return guy with the new rules if anything should happen to Boston Scott.
True - but how well does he catch the ball ? Kyren was running routes out of the backfield making big plays.I didn’t see Rivers making to many of those plays.I didn’t get there early to watch the special team drills. It’s worth giving it a try.

Who did you see returning punts & kicks last training camp ? BubbaRam really gave some good reports on it.

Tano

Legend
I remember when KW couldn’t get on the field his rookie season (‘22) despite the opportunities available. Other rookies like Yeast, Lake, Durant, and Kendrick got in some valuable reps. Even a vet like mayfield seized the chance to get on the field for a good look.

Then the Rams drafted Zach Evans and his praises were sung.
He failed to see the field with any regularity in HIS rookie season.

Meanwhile, KW went off.

I’m gonna wait to see what happens to ZE in 2024 before forming any real opinion of him. He has started out the same way KW did, but on a much better team.
KW was hurt the majority of the time during training camp and the first half of the season.

He was wayyyyyy behind in his rookie season and unlike Gurley - did not have the freak athletic ability to overcome that handicap.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
With Tutu, I'm at the point where I'll believe it when I see it.
And having no idea what kind of opportunity he's actually been given to produce.