Kupp out an extended period of time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I agree , his ankle got a little twist and that was enough . Stafford got his ankle twisted like that in the first game , they taped it and he was fine.
Both are tough, no question.
But one is an elite separation route runner and the other is a pocket passer. How did Stafford's toughness help him last year in the Cowboys game when it was his throwing hand dinged up?

Also, one injury was a rolled on ankle via a player already on the ground. The other injury was via a "STRIKE" - - no different that if hit by the full force of a baseball bat.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I didn't say the type of tackle didn't matter. I said Kupp gets injured a lot even when he's not being tackled in that manner. That says something...at least to me.
Almost nobody will agree with your take here... I know I don't. The only injury of his that WASN'T tough to watch replays of was his hammy, and we all know how those go.
I agree , his ankle got a little twist and that was enough . Stafford got his ankle twisted like that in the first game , they taped it and he was fine.
Of course you do. Therefore you're both wrong. Stafford gets seriously injured 100 times out of 100 in that situation. Good day sir.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Almost nobody will agree with your take here... I know I don't. The only injury of his that WASN'T tough to watch replays of was his hammy, and we all know how those go.

Of course you do. Therefore you're both wrong. Stafford gets seriously injured 100 times out of 100 in that situation. Good day sir.
Kupp is injure prone. Good day Sir.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Only "slightly positive" aspect of Kupp's injury was that his ankle wasn't completely trapped under the defender. Since he was still flying through the air, Kupp's ankle popped out from under the body and wasn't twisted as severely as it could have been.

I'm wondering if they are aiming to have Kupp miss 3 games plus the bye, targeting a return vs Raiders on Oct. 20. If not then maybe they hold him out until Seahawks game on Nov. 3.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That's not really a hip drop tackle.
It is hip drop tackle to my eyes. Just because he is pursuing from behind and being outrun makes it look slightly different, but he holds Kupp and uses his weight by literally dropping his hips to roll up and on to his leg.

Should have been called/fined. At least that is how I see it. He had a hold of Kupp and unweighted himself to make the tackle. Checks both boxes.

For reference:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Assuming our worst fear is true based on this and it's a high ankle sprain. Bleh.

Well, having a hard time seeing the glass half full at the moment. But IF we can string out 3 or 4 wins in the first 8 weeks and IF we get all of these players back and IF we make it to mid season without any other long term injuries to other starters.... maybe.... just maybe we can make another playoff push like last year and hit the playoffs fully healthy and rocking.

That's a lot of IFs. We would need to beat three or four of these teams...
Whiners
Chicago
Green Bay
Raiders
Vikings
Seahawks

Not impossible... not great... but not impossible
I agree. These injuries have been unreal but not time to fold up the tents yet. It’s damn disheartening but we have to find hope somewhere. If most IRs are back after the bye, we could suddenly be the fresh team down the stretch. I’m with you on at least being 3-5 after week 9 to legitimately still be alive for a wildcard. Young guys are going to get an education early.

A win this week would change everybody’s attitude though and it’s not impossible. A loss is going to leave the fan base down to homers I fear. Too much adversity for today’s world.