Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah.
No school or daycare here in so cal until May 1st at the earliest now as well.

I'm not sure about work. It doesnt look good.
We may now be shut down.
As a cabinet manufacture we may be done for a while

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
View attachment 34640
costco.jpg
Yeah.... I'd like to return this toilet paper. None of it worked for shit.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I work in downtown Asheville, NC - a total tourist town if there ever was one. The last 2 days have been gorgeous weather and normally the streets would be flooded with people shopping, drinking, eating - enjoying.

Instead it’s this eerie ghost town. Restaurants are all takeout and delivery only - retail almost all closed. It’s just as creepy as can be walking around downtown.

Even if we are all over reacting, the economy is screwed. I’m scrambling to take measures that will save my business - my whole team is working remotely as much as possible. It’s not good.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Kind of fortunate, wife and I are still able to telecommute for now. Bad news is no day care as my wife and I are not considered essential employees per the Governor's order. I've also ensured my staff of six are able to work at this point too, so that is another win.

We will try to support local business as much as possible during these tough times, but that will prove difficult as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Just left our office and we are cleared to continue work.
Good news on my end

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Those of us who still need to come to campus for work (checking on experiments, research, etc) for various reasons are probably going to begin getting hazard duty pay, including back-pay for the past two weeks now, so that should be interesting.

Apparently the union that represents almost everyone on campus (not faculty) is pushing for the University to give everyone administrative leave (keep pay and benefits) rather than having people use up all their vacation and sick time, which makes sense to me, seems shitty to force people into burning up all their days for something that's not in our control. If anyone actually gets the virus they get 14 days of it, but since they're delayed on widespread testing (not sure why, I think they just haven't gotten the tests in that they need) nobody knows just how bad it really is yet.

We also lost one member of our faculty to Covid as well, he was one of the leaders in the Pathology department, shocking how lacking the university's response has been to a death of one of their faculty members, especially when he was in the department that friggin studies infectious diseases.

We shall see what the weekend brings us.

fearsomefour

Legend
hahaha classic from you. And you got it this is the last I will ever say. You comment negatively on a post from somebody about politics then complain when others mention yours. You got it man I'm out of the discussion.
I technique used by some to get people suspended....so it goes.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I think we are a little ahead of you guys. It's getting real here. I work in hospital management and this has been the most stressful fortnight of my life... and it's only going to get worse. Hope you can all stay safe as much as possible.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Man that totally hurts. This is happening a million times over - this type of pain dwarfs the numbers of those with this virus. It’s that horrid sinking feeling that we all have to fight through and keep the faith. It’s only delaying the inevitable joy you will be experiencing when she finally gets the operation she deserves

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m really sorry to hear that, hope things aren’t too bad for you and your mum.

Big shout out to @ScotsRam working in the medical industry, top work son.

oldnotdead

Legend
A lot of Californians are fleeing the lockdown and vacationing in Mexico like nothing is going on.

My nephew is in the AZ National Guard and said his unit and most others are being activated to close the border sometime in the next two weeks. He said that federal employees who tested negative but work in infected countries are being denied returns to the States. So he suggested I get out of Dodge while I can and not get stuck in Mexico. He said yeah it's safer but if you do get sick you are going to have to pay big or go without. So after talking about it I'm moving up my timeline and will take my personal items, important clothing, TV and computer and me and the lady will be out of here next Friday.

The reason I'm posting this is to warn anyone who is thinking of taking a lockdown break in Mexico to rethink those plans. You could get locked out of the US for a few weeks at least.....or longer. Once that happens your costs will go up fast and that cheap vacation could get expensive fast.

Stay safe my friends.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
A lot of Californians are fleeing the lockdown and vacationing in Mexico like nothing is going on.

My nephew is in the AZ National Guard and said his unit and most others are being activated to close the border sometime in the next two weeks. He said that federal employees who tested negative but work in infected countries are being denied returns to the States. So he suggested I get out of Dodge while I can and not get stuck in Mexico. He said yeah it's safer but if you do get sick you are going to have to pay big or go without. So after talking about it I'm moving up my timeline and will take my personal items, important clothing, TV and computer and me and the lady will be out of here next Friday.

The reason I'm posting this is to warn anyone who is thinking of taking a lockdown break in Mexico to rethink those plans. You could get locked out of the US for a few weeks at least.....or longer. Once that happens your costs will go up fast and that cheap vacation could get expensive fast.

Stay safe my friends.

Safe travels

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Stay safe my friends.
My mom retired down there. She has a place in Northern AZ too. Told her to get out 2 weeks ago. She lollygagged over it but she's coming back early next week now. Load off my mind.

fearsomefour

Legend
A lot of places will be setting up mobile testing sites. We have one that will be starting up on campus Monday so we can test all the students. Those you literally drive up, stay in your car, and they test you right then and there.
The press will freak about the number of cases exploding. This of course is because of expanded testing.

fearsomefour

Legend
My sons bosses’ brother is the 2 in our states national guard.
He a meeting with the governor and some staff last night.
Advised his brother (my sons boss) to prepare because “it’s about to get real”.
I don’t know what that means.
I expect some sort of presence on the low end to martial law on the high end.
Things are getting weird.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My sons bosses’ brother is the 2 in our states national guard.
He a meeting with the governor and some staff last night.
Advised his brother (my sons boss) to prepare because “it’s about to get real”.
I don’t know what that means.
I expect some sort of presence on the low end to martial law on the high end.
Things are getting weird.
Yep, people are ignorant so they have to be treated like children. A lockdown is coming within a week if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.