Bryce Young Benched. Rams Project?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
*Quarterback whisperer* Dave Canales, hired specifically to get Bryce Young up and going is giving up on him two games into the season to replace him with Andy Dalton.

What if the Rams could get him for a second rounder?

Give McVay a project to keep him interested and the Rams a long-term quarterback (?)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No.

For one, we don't have a second-round pick this year; we gave it to the team that Bryce Young is on to move up for Braden Fiske. And there's no way I'm giving up a second-round pick in 2026.

For two, Bryce Young is terrible. He's small, slight, has no accuracy, no mobility, no elite trait that would justify spending such a high pick to take on his salary. There's nothing that screamed "elite #1 overall QB" in his draft year (I would've taken Stroud or Richardson.), and there's certainly nothing that says it now.

Carolina would have to give back our second-round pick for us to take on Young.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Agree wholeheartedly.

It is definitely one of the most bewildering number one picks of recent years, if not ever.

Honestly, Richardson was my favorite quarterback in that class before they were selected. Serious unicorn potential with him in Indy; they just have to give him weapons.

C.J. Stroud is C.J. Stroud, and I questioned why the Panthers didn't select him instead of Young.

Bryce Young clearly benefitted from a dominant Alabama squad, and unlike Tua Tagavailoa, he never had the arm talent necessary for the NFL.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Young is a guy that could benefit from sitting and being a back up for a couple of years.

As of right now, though….he just doesn’t have it.
He looks lost and overwhelmed out there.

As @dieterbrock said.
No way on a 2nd.
I would make the move for a 5th, though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I am open to second chances on guys who are in such tragically awful situations.
It just takes some QBs time to figure out the speed and complexity of the NFL.

Sitting a young QB use to be the norm.
Those days are mostly gone for early rnd picks.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
No he looks really bad...like really bad. If Dalton comes in and looks way better it'll show what the problem was for that offense.

Psycho_X

Legend
If he is cut like Baker Mayfield was than sure I'd pick him up for the F of it. I would not trade anything for him.
First off, we can't afford his rookie contract as the 1st overall pick so would only be worth it if he was cut and cleared waivers and signed to minimal deal.
Second off, we need to keep draft capital to build this team further unless it's being traded for a proven commodity.
Third, he's 5'2".
Fourth, he sucks.

Last edited:

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Honestly, Richardson was my favorite quarterback in that class before they were selected. Serious unicorn potential with him in Indy; they just have to give him weapons.

C.J. Stroud is C.J. Stroud, and I questioned why the Panthers didn't select him instead of Young.

Bryce Young clearly benefitted from a dominant Alabama squad, and unlike Tua Tagavailoa, he never had the arm talent necessary for the NFL.
Forget it Jake, it's Carolina.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd be ok with it. Because the situation was shit from day one. Has to be cheap too of course, then he sits behind Stafford and Jimmy.

McVay said he couldn't pull Stafford because Bennett didn't know the handoffs he was planning on running the rest of the way. How Bennett couldn't be fucking ready is beyond me. So I am done with Bennett.