Aaron Donald is selling his Calabasas mansion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

After weighing retirement in the offseason, Rams star Aaron Donald and his wife, Erica, are shopping around their custom Calabasas estate for $6.25 million.

The listing arrives two months after Donald helped the Rams win the Super Bowl in a dominant performance that left some wondering whether he would return the following season. The three-time Defensive Player of the Year recently confirmed that he’s been in talks with the team but hasn’t yet publicly announced a return.

Set on nearly an acre, the 7,036-square-foot mansion is found in the Oaks of Calabasas, a guard-gated, star-studded neighborhood with other celebrity residents over the years including Katie Holmes and Bret Michaels. Six bedrooms and seven bathrooms are spread across the two-story floor plan, which also includes a step-down lounge, open-concept kitchen and self-contained guest quarters.

Set on an acre, the private compound includes a 7,000-square-foot home, basketball court, billiards room and swimming pool.

1/11
The exterior. (Jeff Elson)

The star defender has an eye for decorating as well. Listing photos show that Donald made a few aesthetic changes during his stay, bringing sleek shades of gray to the living spaces and adding a barbershop.

The amenities continue outside, where a 1,500-square-foot glass-covered patio overlooks a zero-edge swimming pool. A fireplace and basketball court complete the scene.
Considered one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history, Donald was drafted by the Rams in 2014 and has racked up 441 tackles and 98 sacks in eight seasons. The Pittsburgh native has been named to eight Pro Bowls and thrice won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award, joining Lawrence Taylor and J.J. Watt as the only players to win the award three times.
Jordan Cohen of RE/MAX One holds the listing.

———

brucebruce

Rookie
BTW I'd rather live in Malibu if I had AD's money. Where would you rather live? Calabasas or Malibu just a simple commute via Topanga canyon to their new facility/

That's not a simple daily commute. The twists require concentration. Now, if you have a driver...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. ain't no bubble. 2. he must have already purchased and renovated and decorated his new TO home. If he hasn't already made another purchase locally, I think he is a gonner.
Umm.. Yeah we’re in a bubble, home values up % year over year in record amount combined with rates pushing the highest in 10 years.
Alas… not a renovation at all. Previous owner made 150k, only owned it 1 year.
Would be a savvy move on his part to sell at height of market.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Maybe he needs a bigger place because he's moving his Pittsburgh family to LA to be closer to him?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Know it well. For me it was flying thru Kanan-Dune, Malibu Cyn., Topanga, Latigo or Tuna traveling from the Valley to Malibu during the early 70's in my 1959 MGA, ... later it was hanging at the 'Rock Store' with our Harley's and fellow club members in the early 80's thru the early 90's. Those years really were some of the best ...
My wife used to go to the Rock Store when she was a kid with her dad.

I just liked punishing myself on hill climbs… puked going up Tuna Canyon the first time… didn’t stop pedaling, but it was pretty warm and by the time I’d ridden out there and got up the hill, I was pretty dehydrated. But yeah, fun ride and the view from the top is spectacular

oldnotdead

Legend
That's not a simple daily commute. The twists require concentration. Now, if you have a driver...

Who needs a driver? I always enjoyed driving that canyon. In fact, I used to drive Mulholland Dr. just for fun.

I lived for a while off of Havenhurst south of Ventura Blvd. I would go south on Havenhurst to Mulholland and take that east all the way to Laurel Canyon or even to Cahuenga. Eventually many times I would end up at Tommy's Burgers. Not just any Tommy's but the very first original stand on Beverly and Rampart. God yeah 24 hour sloppy chili burgers!! Yeah, I'm lucky, I grew up in a different LA, one that was safer and a lot more fun. Geez I do miss those burgers and fries LOL.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Who needs a driver? I always enjoyed driving that canyon. In fact, I used to drive Mulholland Dr. just for fun.

I lived for a while off of Havenhurst south of Ventura Blvd. I would go south on Havenhurst to Mulholland and take that east all the way to Laurel Canyon or even to Cahuenga. Eventually many times I would end up at Tommy's Burgers. Not just any Tommy's but the very first original stand on Beverly and Rampart. God yeah 24 hour sloppy chili burgers!! Yeah, I'm lucky, I grew up in a different LA, one that was safer and a lot more fun. Geez I do miss those burgers and fries LOL.
I'm going to guess the team would want him to have a driver on any of the canyon roads. They're fun to drive for sure but put your best player on it everyday?

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
6 mil and only one acre ? That kind of coin I want several, no matter where it is.

brucebruce

Rookie

not a fun drive after practice or on the way to facility while still recuperating after a game. fun drive with a lightweight rwd after sitting in the office.

brucebruce

Rookie
Umm.. Yeah we’re in a bubble, home values up % year over year in record amount combined with rates pushing the highest in 10 years.
Alas… not a renovation at all. Previous owner made 150k, only owned it 1 year.
Would be a savvy move on his part to sell at height of market.

none of that means bubble.

high demand, low supply. time for appreciation to calm back to 4% of even flatten but no large value dip coming.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
none of that means bubble.

high demand, low supply. time for appreciation to calm back to 4% of even flatten but no large value dip coming.
It exactly means bubble.
It's 2008 all over again.
Almost half of the purchase loans sold to Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac have the collateral (appraisal) coming up short of purchase price.
It's normally in the 2-3% range
It may ride out the year, but its going to burst
Anyway, enough of the side track, more of a discussion for Off Topic. And since this is exactly what I do for a living, I dont come here to discuss it, I come here to escape work....

AD putting his house on the market is more of a positive than a negative. While it may be the nicest gated community in Calabassas, there are nicer communities he can afford. Especially with that new deal on the way.....

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
My wife used to go to the Rock Store when she was a kid with her dad.

I just liked punishing myself on hill climbs… puked going up Tuna Canyon the first time… didn’t stop pedaling, but it was pretty warm and by the time I’d ridden out there and got up the hill, I was pretty dehydrated. But yeah, fun ride and the view from the top is spectacular
We used to ride to the rock store then head up to the top and watch all the crazies fly up to the top on their bikes.
Love that area and the canyons, Latigo, Decker, Encinal, Stunt, Piuma. Brings back memories

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
When you've been in the same place for a while, and have the money to live wherever you want, looking at the greener grass somewhere else is easy. The newness of his current home has worn off. Maybe they just have a plan and are looking for something specific to their needs and wants.

brucebruce

Rookie
It exactly means bubble.
It's 2008 all over again.
Almost half of the purchase loans sold to Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac have the collateral (appraisal) coming up short of purchase price.
It's normally in the 2-3% range
It may ride out the year, but its going to burst
Anyway, enough of the side track, more of a discussion for Off Topic. And since this is exactly what I do for a living, I dont come here to discuss it, I come here to escape work....

AD putting his house on the market is more of a positive than a negative. While it may be the nicest gated community in Calabassas, there are nicer communities he can afford. Especially with that new deal on the way.....

2008 was bad loans. no income, no job, no credit, no down payment, interest-only, 2-yr ARM teaser rates, no assets, liar loans, sketchy appraisals.

qualified mortgages since.

to say 08 all over shows little understanding of 08 vs now (high equity, high down payments, proper FICOs, fully vetted buyers, solid incomes, insanely low supply that can't be brought to "normal" levels within the next decade, owners with 2.5% rates who will not want to put their homes on the market to buy at higher price and 5% rate, banks and govt who do not want foreclosures repeat, etc.)

Could be that AD build ground up in Hidden Hills. Easy to check public records of his agent and ownership records despite many high-profile people trying to hide ownership via trusts. I'm on the side that AD is 100% staying for the next 5 years until he thinks about retiring again.

Ram65

Legend
If he sells know he will be buying high too.

I don't think he is worried about money like most people.

Hope is staying close to his workout spot.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Rams need to start thinking about life without AD.
Well if you’re worked up about AD selling his house then how do you feel about Cooper Kupp selling his as well. Rams are thinking about life without AD in about 5 years maybe.

brucebruce

Rookie
Well if you’re worked up about AD selling his house then how do you feel about Cooper Kupp selling his as well. Rams are thinking about life without AD in about 5 years maybe.

not as much because kupp purchased it in April last year and put it back on the market 5 months later.