Aaron Donald is selling his Calabasas mansion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

After weighing retirement in the offseason, Rams star Aaron Donald and his wife, Erica, are shopping around their custom Calabasas estate for $6.25 million.

The listing arrives two months after Donald helped the Rams win the Super Bowl in a dominant performance that left some wondering whether he would return the following season. The three-time Defensive Player of the Year recently confirmed that he’s been in talks with the team but hasn’t yet publicly announced a return.

Set on nearly an acre, the 7,036-square-foot mansion is found in the Oaks of Calabasas, a guard-gated, star-studded neighborhood with other celebrity residents over the years including Katie Holmes and Bret Michaels. Six bedrooms and seven bathrooms are spread across the two-story floor plan, which also includes a step-down lounge, open-concept kitchen and self-contained guest quarters.

Set on an acre, the private compound includes a 7,000-square-foot home, basketball court, billiards room and swimming pool.

1/11
The exterior. (Jeff Elson)

The star defender has an eye for decorating as well. Listing photos show that Donald made a few aesthetic changes during his stay, bringing sleek shades of gray to the living spaces and adding a barbershop.

The amenities continue outside, where a 1,500-square-foot glass-covered patio overlooks a zero-edge swimming pool. A fireplace and basketball court complete the scene.
Considered one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history, Donald was drafted by the Rams in 2014 and has racked up 441 tackles and 98 sacks in eight seasons. The Pittsburgh native has been named to eight Pro Bowls and thrice won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award, joining Lawrence Taylor and J.J. Watt as the only players to win the award three times.
Jordan Cohen of RE/MAX One holds the listing.

———

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know AD is returning. But this sale is troubling me. Thoughts?

He's probably looking to update with his new money. Not worried. He's already said he's returning.

Don't like the sound of this tbh. I'd rather see them trade him than put him in a position where he feels he has to retire to be close to his kid or where he needs outlandish pay to be happy.

Sigh.

In recent weeks, we've learned:

1. That AD is negotiating a new contract.
2. That AD told McVay he's coming back.
3. That AD is working out (posted video just yesterday).
4. That AD recruited Bobby Wagner to join the Rams.
5. That AD has publicly stated that he's hungry to pursue another title.

I'm not worried about him retiring.
The Rams are not trading him.
AD's not going anywhere.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It would have to be the Steelers or Eagles if it were to happen I'd think.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If a player was getting ready to retire/leave LA in a year or three, I don’t understand the logic of selling his house now. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I guess I’m too poor to relate. Ha ha. Oh well.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just get a helicopter for the commute

Is there really anywhere between the Grapevine and SD that isn’t a disaster of a commute???

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Does AD have a child from a previous relationship that he has to go back to Pittsburg to visit?

If AD sees his extended family as a priority, he might change his mind and retire. He's financially set and does not have to worry about anything or care about "running it back" since he already won the Super Bowl and got his ring.

Just speculating....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Except that Calabasas is basically just down the street from Woodland Hills, probably less than a 5 mile commute. Ocean cool/view properties of Topanga Canyon & Tuna Canyon near Fernwood are also quite close to Woodland Hills, maybe an 8 to 10 mile commute.
I used to ride up Tuna Canyon from PCH on my road bike. Helluva nice hill climb.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If AD sees his extended family as a priority, he might change his mind and retire. He's financially set and does not have to worry about anything or care about "running it back" since he already won the Super Bowl and got his ring.

Just speculating....
Well Stop It! Just Stop it!!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I used to ride up Tuna Canyon from PCH on my road bike. Helluva nice hill climb.

Know it well. For me it was flying thru Kanan-Dune, Malibu Cyn., Topanga, Latigo or Tuna traveling from the Valley to Malibu during the early 70's in my 1959 MGA, ... later it was hanging at the 'Rock Store' with our Harley's and fellow club members in the early 80's thru the early 90's. Those years really were some of the best ...

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
I got fond memories of flying through that canyon with my TR 6 right after I got off active duty in "73. God, I loved doing that almost every weekend.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He’s getting a big check soon and wants a bigger pad.

brucebruce

Rookie
He could also be wise to the real estate bubble and is looking to capitalize on it. He paid a mere 4.7 mill for the home just 3 years ago.
1. ain't no bubble. 2. he must have already purchased and renovated and decorated his new TO home. If he hasn't already made another purchase locally, I think he is a gonner.