OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I took some lumps with this take even last year. Fields might be better off taking the Terelle Pryor route and switching over to WR
I don't know, he's got way too much talent at QB to do that. I love him as a developmental QB but his contract is sticky. This season costs nothing but you're forced to make a decision with a large charge on that 5th year option. I don't like that timeline at all.

Can you do a trade and extend with him to avoid the 5th year? Doubt he'd argree to that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know, he's got way too much talent at QB to do that. I love him as a developmental QB but his contract is sticky. This season costs nothing but you're forced to make a decision with a large charge on that 5th year option. I don't like that timeline at all.

Can you do a trade and extend with him to avoid the 5th year? Doubt he'd argree to that.
His 5th year will be declined, team has until May 2nd. If teams arent sold on him being the starter, they surely wont want to guarantee him 25 mill next year. I may be Fields biggest detractor, but I'd trade for him and his 3+ milly salary to be a backup, but used like a Taysom Hill

WestCoastRam

Legend
His 5th year will be declined, team has until May 2nd. If teams arent sold on him being the starter, they surely wont want to guarantee him 25 mill next year. I may be Fields biggest detractor, but I'd trade for him and his 3+ milly salary to be a backup, but used like a Taysom Hill
I'd def want him for a few years to develop. Eh. On to the next!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I took some lumps with this take even last year. Fields might be better off taking the Terelle Pryor route and switching over to WR
I took some lumps saying teams shouldn't trade for Fields. I may be right on this but a ways to go and some team may get desperate

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The problem with Fields is he's still a project. But expects to be paid. Well why pay a project when you can draft one.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And pay the $24m this year (all hitting cap this year I believe) or negotiate a 3-4 year contract immediately where that $$ can be moved around.
They have until July to negotiate a long term deal

Memphis Ram

Legend
Great point.

But is it really though?

After Montez Sweat who is 2 years older and has fewer sacks in more seasons playing on a line with other 1st rounders was traded for a 2nd rounder and got a huge new contract.

Josina Anderson is really on this Burns story though. I wonder which side is using her.

dang

Legend
But is it really though?

After Montez Sweat who is 2 years older and has fewer sacks in more seasons playing on a line with other 1st rounders was traded for a 2nd rounder and got a huge new contract.

Josina Anderson is really on this Burns story though. I wonder which side is using her.
Not a lot of trust in Miss Anderson. Her days of relevance seemed to have passed 4-5 years ago.

WestCoastRam

Legend
But is it really though?

Don't think great point was the compensation suggested just that the compensation equation has changed without those years on the contract to be traded for.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I don't see us getting more than 16 games over 2 years out of TSmith... is that worth paying for given that Jackson is above average.
I don’t think it’s a good year to be a FA Tackle, no matter who you are.
…but an aging oft-injured guy over one of MANY solid prospects on a rookie deal? Our GM cannot be that stupid.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Ironically though, the Rams offered more $$.
IIRC he wanted to be the 1st player to win a ring with 3 different teams.
Seriously? If that’s true, we need the mods to offer a “shaking my head” response.