OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on what you mean by underperforming.
Are they still a ball hawking impact safety? Maybe not. But are they extremely intelligent and can at least make the right reads and make throws harder on the QB? That's good enough for me. Our system isn't super demanding of safeties.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Tyler Nubin Minnesota

Kamren Kinchens Miami (FL)

Beau Brade Maryland

Cole Bishop Utah

Javon Bullard Georgia

Calen Bullock USC

Jaden Hicks Washington State

Malik Mustapha Wake Forest

Tykee Smith Georgia

There's 9. However there is some late round potential gems like Kenny Logan Jr Kansas, Sione Vaki Utah, and Tray Taylor Air Force that are intriguing.

Of course it depends on the type of defense a specific team is running for certain ones etc. but to say the draft is short on talent is very lazy by someone.
And don't forget there is an elite safety talent with DeJean if a teams wants to play him there. He would be Pro Bowl level safety IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Great point and exactly what I've been saying. You CANNOT consider trading a 1st for Burns with his production and his contract asks. Just doesn't add up.
But is it really though?

After Montez Sweat who is 2 years older and has fewer sacks in more seasons playing on a line with other 1st rounders was traded for a 2nd rounder and got a huge new contract.

Josina Anderson is really on this Burns story though. I wonder which side is using her.
Sweat didn't have a 24m salary when he was traded, his cap hit was 4.7m. He's barely making more then 24m right now on a long term deal. Also, he was significantly more productive then Burns last year.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Great point and exactly what I've been saying. You CANNOT consider trading a 1st for Burns with his production and his contract asks. Just doesn't add up.

Sweat didn't have a 24m salary when he was traded, his cap hit was 4.7m. He's barely making more then 24m right now on a long term deal. Also, he was significantly more productive then Burns last year.
It doesn't matter what his salary cap hit was in the middle of 2023. He was set to become a free agent and got paid. If the Rams deal for Burns he's going to get a new deal too. And it's doubtful it will have a $24 million cap number the first couple of seasons at least.

Sweat is also two years older than Burns.

He may have had a better season last year, but they were in the same draft class and Burns has better career numbers. And this with Sweat playing on a DLine full of other 1st round talents for opposing offenses to consider before he was dealt.

And again, last year Burns situation simply wasn't conducive to him putting up similar numbers. Teams weren't threatened by the Panthers offense. If I'm not mistaken their defense had the fewest passing attempts against them in the entire NFL.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In my opinion, a player of that age and experience should not be ‘talked into’ something by an agent who’s only priority is $; or, by his ‘Daddy’.
IMG_8949.jpeg

:explode1: A GM? LoL

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Funny how the bills gm said they wouldn't do what rams did blah blah blah but actually kind of did and have won squat or even make a Superbowl and the other dead head cheapskates the colts who sd the same thing and while they always field a decent team it's the same average bare minimum team hmmm perhaps one should not judge is my point lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how the bills gm said they wouldn't do what rams did blah blah blah but actually kind of did and have won squat or even make a Superbowl and the other dead head cheapskates the colts who sd the same thing and while they always field a decent team it's the same average bare minimum team hmmm perhaps one should not judge is my point lol
They did it worse and didn't even win a Super Bowl. Shouldn't talk shit if you can't back it up Mr Beane :D

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn't matter what his salary cap hit was in the middle of 2023. He was set to become a free agent and got paid. If the Rams deal for Burns he's going to get a new deal too. And it's doubtful it will have a $24 million cap number the first couple of seasons at least.

Sweat is also two years older than Burns.

He may have had a better season last year, but they were in the same draft class and Burns has better career numbers. And this with Sweat playing on a DLine full of other 1st round talents for opposing offenses to consider before he was dealt.

And again, last year Burns situation simply wasn't conducive to him putting up similar numbers. Teams weren't threatened by the Panthers offense. If I'm not mistaken their defense had the fewest passing attempts against them in the entire NFL.
Fair points though I still die on the hill of not giving up a 1st for him, particularly with the rumors of his contract demands. He is nowhere near as impactful as Bosa but asking for 30m/year. I'm hoping we are out on that.