OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, yeah - I live a bit north of Vancouver - almost into the next county. Moved in here 6 years ago and the home value has doubled - and unfortunately, so has the property tax. Being retired now, that $10K/yr that I pay the county for that immense privilege, truly sux - not sure how long this path can continue...

They will run you down, for heading to Portland in the morning with Oregon plates on your ride... I'm sure some folks squeak through - but it is no sure thing, these days. Don't be "stealing" from the state - few things motivate them like a dollar!!

The silicon forest days are pretty much over, though Intel owns several (6-8) very large fabrication facilities out in Beaverton/Hillsboro area; This is probably 20-25% of Intel's total employee headcount. There were other companies that manufactured silicon ingots and wafers - though there are still a couple of them around, I don't see a lot of them anymore. Some were my customers once - and I have the end of a silicone ingot here in the office! More of a conversation piece than anything useful.
Finally, I know what I call Portland - but, momma said..... something about saying nice things!! :laugh3:
Time to move to Idaho, or Utah, or South Dakota!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's never a reason to victimize a rape victim. Ever.

In the case with this punter who was so skilled NFL scouts were drooling over him. His accuser 100% lied and they have proof from her phone that she lied. She's not a rape victim... she committed a felony crime against the young punter who was about to be drafted into the NFL. This young man's life was ruined... he is the victim of a serious crime. The crime committed by the young lady should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's a level 3 felony that can be punished by 5 yrs in prison. Instead, even though there is proof that would lead to a conviction with ease, nothing is being done by 5he legal system to the person who broke a known law on purpose and ruined a young man's life. That shouldn't happen.

That's what I said. All victims deserve protection equally when laws are broken. ALL OF THEM. This girl should pay the price period.

In her case? I agree with you entirely, Selassie. She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

What I'm trying to say is that oftentimes, rape is a hard crime to convict, given how few rape victims come forward (due to guilt, shame, pressure, or numerous other reasons), and oftentimes, the criminal is given a slap on the wrist or not punished at all (read; Turner, Brock), even if the case is airtight. If you added in a potential felony for the accuser that powerful people could use to further victimize a rape victim who doesn't have the power they have - and yes, Harvey Weinstein existing is proof enough that someone could do that - it would make it all but impossible for a rape victim to come forward.

That's why such felonies aren't prosecuted: if it was utilized, it would serve as a complete deterrent for actual rape victims to come forward, and unfortunately, it hurts Araiza in this case.

Tano

Legend
In her case? I agree with you entirely, Selassie. She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

What I'm trying to say is that oftentimes, rape is a hard crime to convict, given how few rape victims come forward (due to guilt, shame, pressure, or numerous other reasons), and oftentimes, the criminal is given a slap on the wrist or not punished at all (read; Turner, Brock), even if the case is airtight. If you added in a potential felony for the accuser that powerful people could use to further victimize a rape victim who doesn't have the power they have - and yes, Harvey Weinstein existing is proof enough that someone could do that - it would make it all but impossible for a rape victim to come forward.

That's why such felonies aren't prosecuted: if it was utilized, it would serve as a complete deterrent for actual rape victims to come forward, and unfortunately, it hurts Araiza in this case.
And then you will have women who take advantage of that fact and try to blackmail people into giving them money knowing they won't be prosecuted.

We are screwed both ways.

I don't know the solution because I do agree with you.

However, I wish this woman and the other woman against Bauer would get prosecuted because they ruined these guys career.

Only slam dunk cases get prosecuted.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Mems... I completely understand. You bolded my words that echo what you are saying. We are on the same page basically.

I cannot imagine that there are many cases (although I may not have enough info to say) like this were the evidence ends up showing that the person accused and arrested for rape is actually the victim and not a rapist... the evidence ends up showing without a doubt that the accuser made it up and lied to everyone including law enforcement officers. And one should truly take into account the extreme severity of the kind of crime (unforgivable level crime) the victim was accused of.

What does Lady Justice wear ?

download (17).jpeg

A big fat blindfold. That's truly how justice is supposed to be served.

When the evidence reveals the crime clearly like it did in this case and it just gets swept under the rug... that's committing another crime.

I really hope that this kind of thing is very rare when a person lies about someone sexually assaulting them. But whatever the numbers are... the severity of that crime cannot be just swept away and not dealt with as the law requires. A person who commits that crime is beyond dangerous and disgusting.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Is it bad that I thought you were going to point out that her outfit is a bit skimpy and provocative? :wow2:

Haha

Big Mahalos for pointing that out Brudda. That should have been the first thing that I examined. When I get too serious about things, I lose my way in life.

Excellent point !!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's so sad that the 90's era Portland in which I lived was comparatively clean. There were little shops and my favorite Chinese restaurant downtown, House of Louie. Now it's all gone with excrement and needles littering the streets where customers used to browse. At one time they called Portland the Silicon forest due to the thriving technology sector. Now, I don't know what to call it.
Yeah... I lived in Portland metro for almost 10 years at about the same time frame. Downtown was clean and a lot of fun. We used to hit the rock, blues, and reggae bars almost every weekend. I actually almost bought the Louie's location if you're talking about the one near the Burnside Bridge. It was no longer in operation as a Chinese restaurant. Not much of a China town actually left at that point. The thing that stopped me was that it was where the homeless problem really got its foothold. The whole area around that building smelled like piss. It was sad.

Now, most of my friends that live there don't even go downtown.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, yeah - I live a bit north of Vancouver - almost into the next county. Moved in here 6 years ago and the home value has doubled - and unfortunately, so has the property tax. Being retired now, that $10K/yr that I pay the county for that immense privilege, truly sux - not sure how long this path can continue...

They will run you down, for heading to Portland in the morning with Oregon plates on your ride... I'm sure some folks squeak through - but it is no sure thing, these days. Don't be "stealing" from the state - few things motivate them like a dollar!!

The silicon forest days are pretty much over, though Intel owns several (6-8) very large fabrication facilities out in Beaverton/Hillsboro area; This is probably 20-25% of Intel's total employee headcount. There were other companies that manufactured silicon ingots and wafers - though there are still a couple of them around, I don't see a lot of them anymore. Some were my customers once - and I have the end of a silicone ingot here in the office! More of a conversation piece than anything useful.
Finally, I know what I call Portland - but, momma said..... something about saying nice things!! :laugh3:
All true. And yeah - it was mostly the Beaverton/Hillsboro/Aloha area that was the Silicon Forest. Not really downtown at all. But all very nice areas in the 90s. So your momma didn't like you saying shithole? :laugh4:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I was in Vancouver this past summer and it is a beautiful city but your taxes are going to the crackheads I had to step over in some of your streets. Sad picture and a failure of government in that city. Same story across all of North America in big cities. South Dakota looks good these days.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I was in Vancouver this past summer and it is a beautiful city but your taxes are going to the crackheads I had to step over in some of your streets. Sad picture and a failure of government in that city. Same story across all of North America in big cities. South Dakota looks good these days.
Vancouver, WA is just another Portland outpost...
I live about 20 miles or so, north of downtown... :woozy2:
Out in the country past the city limits sign
Well there's a honky tonk near the county line

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You can always move to Minnesota with Mack

Just to be clear, are you and @Loyal talking about moving-in with @Mackeyser , and his family? Because they should have something to say about that.

Don't get me wrong. You guys are welcome to come visit anytime but if you show-up with serious luggage, I'm calling the authorities ... No Blue Font.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor