2018 ROD MOCK DRAFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well all I know is that Snead has been quoted for years as saying he likes to use them in Player evaluation. specifically looking at Long & Short shuttle scores and the 3-cone Drill scores! And he said he used them a lot in the selection process in 2017 Draft! Which by all accounts was a XLNT Draft by the Rams!
Then it sounds like we should push those drills and not SPARQ. Our two best rookies were Kupp 87th among WR and Johnson 22nd among safeties in the SPARQ rankings.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I think one of the most underrated aspects of how successful a pick is ... is the coaching / education the player receives when he arrives. New England Patriots >>>>> Cleveland Browns.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Then it sounds like we should push those drills and not SPARQ. Our two best rookies were Kupp 87th among WR and Johnson 22nd among safeties in the SPARQ rankings.
In this years ROD Mock Draft:
* QB - Josh Allen was picked 5th over-all ( He's the #3 Ranked QB according to SPARQ.)
* RB - Shaquan Barkley was picked 2nd over all ( He is the #1 Ranked RB according to SPARQ)
* DE - Bradley Chubb was picked 4th over all ( He is Ranked as the #7 DE)
I think all of these Players will be Drafted the same way in the Real Draft!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sparq is a valuable tool, not really an evaluator of talent or a replacement for your field scouts. I believe the Rams have recently mentioned using a football formula where sabermetrics are useful, although not the only method for choosing additional roster players. How much or often hasn't been revealed, but be assured it's an aid for the recruiting process when the signs po[nt in the right direction. I would think that a combination of Sparq scores, Billy Ball, your scouting department and those final evaluators of Les Snead, McVay & Phillips should bring a proper perspective to the draft War Room. jmo.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think one of the most underrated aspects of how successful a pick is ... is the coaching / education the player receives when he arrives. New England Patriots >>>>> Cleveland Browns.

I totally agree here, I remember listening to Coach Fisher, yes Coach Fisher, talk about understanding the person and ‘how’ to coach them.

You CAN’T coach and treat everyone the same way.

A great coach understands this, and I think McVay totally gets this. He UNDERSTANDS people.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Sparq is a valuable tool, not really an evaluator of talent or a replacement for your field scouts. I believe the Rams have recently mentioned using a football formula where sabermetrics are useful, although not the only method for choosing additional roster players. How much or often hasn't been revealed, but be assured it's an aid for the recruiting process when the signs po[nt in the right direction. I would think that a combination of Sparq scores, Billy Ball, your scouting department and those final evaluators of Les Snead, McVay & Phillips should bring a proper perspective to the draft War Room. jmo.

I like looking at SPARQ scores, just as much as I do with combine results or college tape, when I have a few guys I’m looking at I try and cover every aspect. I’m also a huge fan of a player having a high motor.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like looking at SPARQ scores, just as much as I do with combine results or college tape, when I have a few guys I’m looking at I try and cover every aspect. I’m also a huge fan of a player having a high motor.

Agree, I do too, but far more than just Sparq factors into an effective evaluation, although those scores may decide which player I want to scout/analyze next. I'd want my scouts to have every piece of information available before presenting me with their final report. Next would be to feed this information to the sabermetrics team imo.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well all I know is that Snead has been quoted for years as saying he likes to use them in Player evaluation. specifically looking at Long & Short shuttle scores and the 3-cone Drill scores! And he said he used them a lot in the selection process in 2017 Draft! Which by all accounts was a XLNT Draft by the Rams!

I think the 3CD is valuable for most positions. The Patriots do as well. But that's not SPARQ.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In this years ROD Mock Draft:
* QB - Josh Allen was picked 5th over-all ( He's the #3 Ranked QB according to SPARQ.)
* RB - Shaquan Barkley was picked 2nd over all ( He is the #1 Ranked RB according to SPARQ)
* DE - Bradley Chubb was picked 4th over all ( He is Ranked as the #7 DE)
I think all of these Players will be Drafted the same way in the Real Draft!
I also think you’re fitting a good player to his SPARQ rating to push the rating. Is Barkley the #1 running back because of his underwear olympics numbers or his game tape and the same with Chubb? Sometimes a great player also rates high on sparq, most of the time the top,sparq guys are late round picks.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Ok ladies and gents. I was hoping to pick today, with a nice tasty trade up but it looks like I’m going to have to retire for the evening. Have a good one all. Someone kick me when @PressureD41 logs in ;-)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
most of the time the top,sparq guys are late round picks.
This ^ is why I only use the SPARQ scores to help me with my picks in rounds 4 thru 7 in the Draft. I'm using other things to determine my picks in rounds 1 thru 3!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This ^ is why I only use the SPARQ scores to help me with my picks in rounds 4 thru 7 in the Draft. I'm using other things to determine my picks in rounds 1 thru 3!

My favorite guys on Day 3 are usually the opposite of SPARQ guys unless something catches my eye with one of the SPARQ guys. Ask yourself why a guy with top tier athleticism is available on Day 3. Great athletes who are great football players rarely last to Day 3. On Day 3, you're usually choosing between athletic projects and skilled overachievers.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Bengals proudly select from BYU OLB Fred Warner

FRED WARNER | BYU 6033 | 236 lbs. | SR. San Marcos, Calif. (Mission Hills) 11/19/1996 (age 21.4) #4

BACKGROUND: A four-star linebacker recruit out of high school, Federico “Fred” Warner was a linebacker and tight end at Mission Hills in Southern California, earning All-San Diego Defensive Player of the Year honors in 2013. He was considered a top-25 recruit in the state of California and considered offers from USC, Arizona State and California, but he verballed to BYU as a junior and stuck to his pledge on signing day – his younger brother (Troy) committed to the Cougars two years later as a defensive back. Warner saw the field immediately as a true freshman and helped fill the void left by Kyle Van Noy, finishing the 2014 season with 24 tackles and one interception. He became a full-time starter as a sophomore and recorded 67 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, three passes defended and two interceptions. Warner started all 13 games as a junior and led the Cougars in tackles (86), posting a career-best nine passes defended, three interceptions and two forced fumbles. He again started all 13 games as a senior and led the team with 87 tackles, adding six passes defended and one interception. Warner accepted his invitation to the 2018 Senior Bowl.

YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT

2014: (10/4) 24 1.0 0.0 0 2 1 (SLB)

2015: (13/12) 67 11.5 4.0 0 3 2 (SLB)

2016: (13/13) 86 10.5 1.5 2 9 3 (SLB)

2017: (13/13) 87 9.0 1.0 1 6 1 (SLB)

Total: (49/42) 264 32.0 6.5 3 20 7

HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP

COMBINE 6033 236 32 09 3/4 77 4.64 2.65 1.55 38 1/2 09’11” 4.28 6.90 21

PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only)

STRENGTHS: Balanced athlete…smooth ease of movement and lateral range…unlocks his hips and accelerates to chase from anywhere on the field…graceful zone dropper to handle space and undercut passing lanes…excellent ball awareness and read/react quickness…decisive vs. the run, leveraging blocks and using his speed…strong slap and grapple techniques to control/shed blocks…vision to see through blockers…NFL frame and length…brings juice as an edge blitzer…quickly finds his balance to break down and secure tackles in the open field…football tough…proven ball skills and comfortable handling the football, averaging 19.1 yards per interception return with two touchdowns (7/134/2) in his BYU career…mature, team-oriented mentality and named a senior captain…didn’t miss a game the last three seasons, finishing his career with 42 starts…led the defense in snaps the last two years and played on special teams coverages.

WEAKNESSES: Can be swallowed up by offensive linemen who reach his chest…room to add bulk to his frame and improve his play strength…high pad level makes him late scraping to the hole at times…eyes can get locked on the backfield, not gaining enough depth in coverage…tackle fundamentals lapse at times, leading to mistakes…habit of hitting high…not a traditional thumper…uncreative blitzer and doesn’t do enough to hide his intentions.

SUMMARY: A four-year starter at BYU, Warner was a true every-down player at BYU, serving as the SAM linebacker or nickel defender often on the hash vs. slot receivers – also played on special teams coverages. With his functional athleticism and versatility, he is at his best in space with the play speed and controlled burst to quickly react, trusting his instincts vs. the pass and the run. He displays various disengage techniques to aggressively work off blocks, but needs to get stronger to better compete with NFL blockers. Overall, Warner is a dependable tackler with the cover athleticism, toughness and intuition to stay on the field for all three downs as a match-up weapon – the type of linebacker all 32 teams could use.

132.3 SPARQ RATING

Last edited:

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
give me 5 mins boys sorry for the delay
OlSEz02.gif