What Common Food Do You Hate?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't eat oysters. I love fish and shell fish, but I can't do oysters. That is probably the only food I "hate".

I also hate it when pineapple IS NOT on my pizza.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't eat oysters. I love fish and shell fish, but I can't do oysters. That is probably the only food I "hate".

I also hate it when pineapple IS NOT on my pizza.
You needs some oysters on the half shell and beer with which to wash it down.... This is Selassie's virility secret....
@Selassie I

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife's sentiments exactly. Won't get near it, let alone touch it.

I love the stuff. :biggrin:
My wife hates strong smelling, strong tasting cheeses. She hates bleu cheese, swiss cheese, sharp cheddar..

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Avocados, and related to that, guacamole. The taste/texture combo is just nasty to me.

I don't like cheese *by itself*. I can eat it with other stuff, and certainly on stuff like pizza, cheeseburgers, etc. But I'll never be one to eat a slice of cheese without anything else to go with it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You needs some oysters on the half shell and beer with which to wash it down.... This is Selassie's virility secret....
@Selassie I

I usually suggest Oysters Rockefeller to someone who may not want them 'raw'. This is the dish that turned me into an oyster lover anyway ...

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So this is going to sound implausible to some, but I don't eat fruits or vegetables and I don't drink water.

Plain water is, well it's not bad but it's unpleasant. I drink sweet tea, coffee, juice, and soda.

I'll eat potatoes and canned spinach, peas, corn and green beans, but that's it. But no one else in my house likes those (except potatoes) so I don't get them very often.

And I don't eat shellfish.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So this is going to sound implausible to some, but I don't eat fruits or vegetables and I don't drink water.

Plain water is, well it's not bad but it's unpleasant. I drink sweet tea, coffee, juice, and soda.

I'll eat potatoes and canned spinach, peas, corn and green beans, but that's it. But no one else in my house likes those (except potatoes) so I don't get them very often.

And I don't eat shellfish.

Plain old air sucks too. I try to breathe without it. :p

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate moose burgers and that's all I get to eat up here. Good thing I have maple syrup to wash it down with... ~ @CGI_Ram

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know some love it, but salmon is disgusting, as is most fish. I can eat cold water fish because it tastes not so fishy. But I figure, why eat it at all if I'm trying to avoid the taste? Beef, chicken, pork, bison and elk are just fine...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I LOVE olives. Green or black... I can eat them by handfuls almost.

As kids, the black pitted ones... the goal was to get 5 olives, one to put on each finger tip. :D

That is a good one. I like salmon, but it better be prepared with seasonings or sauces. Otherwise too fishy for me.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Olives are absolute filth, I’m with whoever said they are muck.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Olives are absolute filth, I’m with whoever said they are muck.

Maybe you just need a few more options to try?

GettyImages-160883440.jpg

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love some damn olives. Green especially. I'll take a fork to a jar and eat several at a time! Mm mm mm

Oh, and Fuck Fish

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is one....

I absolutely will not touch white sauce pasta.

I like red sauce and I like wine sauces. But, cream based sauces can fuck right off.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here is one....

I absolutely will not touch white sauce pasta.

I like red sauce and I like wine sauces. But, cream based sauces can fuck right off.
Ya sick, twisted freak!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
See, I fuckin hate fish. But LOVE shellfish. I also love calamari...I'm almost positive I'm slightly allergic to it, everytime I eat it my ears neck and face swell, turn read and itch. But fuck it's good. Lol

Thanks for the reminder, Chicago Steak Company is currently running a special on Halibut Steaks and Shrimp, I added 8 lbs. of steak tips and will receive my order on the opening day of the season, March 17.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bell Pepper - It's supposed to be hot, it's a pepper right, but it's not. And the crunchy texture? And when you cook it, it spreads that sweet not hot flavor throughout everything? No thank you.
I can eat raw bell peppers. I'm not crazy about green either cooked or raw. Reds, yellows, oranges... ok. But keep that shit out of any dishes where you want cooked peppers. Fucking disgusting! And yeah... it permeates every ounce of ANYTHING you cook it into. That is all I taste is that unmistakable cooked bell pepper stink.
I love Vineager. There are so many types to choose from. It is so versatile and a little can add so much flavor to many dishes.
I cook with it all the time.

As far as making kids clean their plates? I'm completely against it.
We grew up in a time where that just the way it was. If my parents made something that I didn't like, I still had to eat it.
Oddly enough, they never cooked food that they didn't like. Which I always thought was a bunch of Bullshit.
If my kids don't like something, I don't make them eat it. I do make them try it though.
My kids are 9, and eat most any vegetable I make. Foods like broccoli and brussel sprouts aren't a problem at all.
They are also a bit adventurous. We went out for tacos one time and my son asked what Lengua was. I told him it was cow tongue. He wanted to try it. Both my kids tried it on their own and liked it. They ate it all.
I also try to teach them to stop eating when full. The problem with getting in the habit of cleaning you plate isn’t always a healthy decision. Especially when eating out, because most restaurants put enough food on a plate to feed 2 people.
I use all kinds of vinegars as well. Not sure what I'd do without it.

My parents and subsequently we have never made up kids plates either. When we were out and they were REALLY young, we would bring some pureed veggies and things like that. My wife would also carry with her a little blender type thing that she could make baby food out of the food we ordered. As they got older, she would simply cut the food up in small pieces. I remember my oldest when he went with us to a Chinese restaurant. We ordered some General Tso's chicken and it was really spicy. As soon as he tasted it, his little eyes lit up (he was I think a year old or less at the time). He just kept stuffing it into his mouth and then saying "more" while his eyes were watering. He's still a spice junky. And both my sons are foodies and I really don't think there is any kind of real food they wouldn't at least try. Well... maybe bats from an open air market.

We have a lot of all you can eat places here in Reno. We have beef tongue all the time. It's great.

Now we don't cook stuff we don't like just to make them eat crappy food. I never understood that. My parents only seemed to do it with Lima Beans. :sick: Gross little green dirt clods. And my parents hated them too. It made no sense.

I also subscribe to the eating until you are full. My wife grew up with the clean your plate mantra. It took years to break her of that even though she has never really been fat.

Anyway, not sure if Lima Beans count as common food but those nasty little things will NEVER be allowed in my kitchen or at my table.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh and warm floppy or mushy pineapple of course. Like say...on a fucking pizza. I eat cold fresh pineapple regularly.
Preach my man PREACH!
Lima beans. Thought of them makes me gag.
Amen.
I know some love it, but salmon is disgusting, as is most fish. I can eat cold water fish because it tastes not so fishy. But I figure, why eat it at all if I'm trying to avoid the taste? Beef, chicken, pork, bison and elk are just fine...
I LOVE olives. Green or black... I can eat them by handfuls almost.

As kids, the black pitted ones... the goal was to get 5 olives, one to put on each finger tip. :D

That is a good one. I like salmon, but it better be prepared with seasonings or sauces. Otherwise too fishy for me.
Just for @Loyal and @CGI_Ram
SushiSmile.JPG

That right there is a smile made from Salmon Roe w/Quail Egg Yolk, Hamachi, and Salmon Belly. FABULOSO!!!

I suggest you guys try raw salmon. It is actually far less fishy than cooked salmon and the texture is amazing.

And @Selassie I Nothing you don't like? I got some Hot Pho-king Balls for you to try.
3A936EDE-2E68-410F-A669-0D2B0EE182E4.JPG
9E1A407F-4074-4C25-8DFC-CAB467076369.JPG