49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Maybe but the recipe to turn up the pass rush pressure has always been the great neutralizer for Goff.

McVay and Morris should have gone with pressure right off the bat versus the Lions.
We often had a difficult time generating pressure last year though. Sometimes we were just stonewalled, even when blitzing. Hope that changes this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We often had a difficult time generating pressure last year though. Sometimes we were just stonewalled, even when blitzing. Hope that changes this year.

I do too. I think it will be a bit different if the Rams have two capable edges and an improved DLine rotation. Plus a few of these pieces have a full year of experience.

I’ve been rewatching the 2023 season. Donald didn’t look like he had the same intensity or quickness throughout the game.

In the first have of that Detroit game it didn’t appear like pressuring Goff was the plan.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ll keep saying this before camp gets started.

Bobby Brown is on a vengeance.He looks like a new player.The thing is is at 300lbs his running around the field like he is exposes him to injury.

The 9ers have been weak up the middle.I’m interested in this Tyler Davis kid.Anyone that liked Anchrum at all should like this Clemson kid better.He has a nice motor & skill set. Maybe a little undersized?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

ryan-reynolds-smirk.gif

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
There's no runaway best team in the NFC this year. I'm hoping the Eagles have a bounce back year but the Niners have one heck of a team. With big salary cap implications on the horizon the Niners may be in a boom or bust scenario this season.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
There's no runaway best team in the NFC this year. I'm hoping the Eagles have a bounce back year but the Niners have one heck of a team. With big salary cap implications on the horizon the Niners may be in a boom or bust scenario this season.
I think this is their last shot at a championship. I believe at some point they will pay Aiyuk. Then they will have to pay Purdy. Next year a number of players are going to have large cap hits. They're probably going to have to make some unpopular cuts next offseason. If Purdy doesn't have the same talent level he's enjoyed in his first two seasons, they might find themselves paying elite money to a less than elite quarterback.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Season 3 Netflix GIF by Stranger Things

It’s the 4th of July. A day to commemorate and celebrate this great nation of ours and say proudly, with one, unified voice…

FUCK THE 49ers!!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

History not in favor of 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl aspirations​

There have been three head coaches in San Francisco 49ers chronicle to lead the franchise to multiple Super Bowls: Bill Walsh, George Siefert and Kyle Shanahan.

Unfortunately for Shanahan, he's the only coach in that exclusive club to lose a Super Bowl and, more troubling, the only one to have never won one.

For all the success Shanahan's 49ers have compiled, the Lombardi Trophy has been an unattainable triumph and unfortunately for the 44-year old, history is not his side, according to NFL Research.

Following the 49ers' overtime loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVIII, Shanahan became the fifth coach in NFL history to lose his first three Super Bowl appearances as a head coach or coordinator, per NFL Research. None of the previous four coaches ever won a Super Bowl.

Shanahan is in hallowed company in that regard, joining the Buffalo Bills' Marv Levy, the Minnesota Vikings' Bud Grant, Ted Marchibroda as an offensive coordinator with Washington and Buffalo, and longtime Vikings defensive coordinator Jerry Burns. Levy and Grant are Hall of Famers, while Marchibroda and Burns are highly regarded, but nevertheless they each fell short of Lombardi glory.

For Shanahan, it's a past rife with big-game heartbreak that, as aforementioned, doesn't bode well for the future.

In each of Shanahan's Super Bowl defeats -- Super Bowl LI as an offensive coordinator with the Atlanta Falcons against the Patriots, and Super Bowls LIV and LVIII as the 49ers head coach against the Chiefs -- his teams held 10-point leads prior to losing. In each losing endeavor, which includes the only two overtime games in Super Bowl chronicle, Shanahan's offenses have struggled when it counted most, as evidenced by a combined nine offensive points in the fourth quarter.

For his career as a head coach, Shanahan is 8-4 in the playoffs, equating to a .667 winning percentage that stands as the highest in league history without winning an NFL Championship or Super Bowl, per NFL Research.

Since 2010, the 49ers have advanced to seven conference title games, the most in the NFC. However, they're 3-4 in those seven games with zero Super Bowl victories to show for it. In that same timeframe, the Patriots and Chiefs are the only other teams to make six or more trips to the championship round, with each franchise claiming three Super Bowl crowns in that span.

Emerging as the NFL's team of the 1980s, the 49ers won four Super Bowls in the decade and triumphed once more to go 5-0 across their first five Super Bowl appearances. However, the franchise has lost its last three Super Bowls.

Once again, the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders ahead of the 2024 season, locked and loaded with Pro Bowl talent on each side of the ball.

Will this be the season in which San Francisco returns to the top of the NFL mountain and Shanahan finally gets over the hump? Or has history already provided a glimpse into an unfortunate road ahead.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

If I was a 49er fan, I would wonder how the hell my team has not won a Super Bowl in the past five seasons?

4 NFC Championship Games ... 2-2 record. 2 Super Bowls ... 0-2 record. Led in the 4th quarter 3 of those games.

I felt that way once.
As the 1970s were closing, I wondered how my favorite team (the Los Angeles Rams) had not even reached a Super Bowl despite being one of the most talented and best teams in the NFL every season from 1973-1978. Six seasons that ended in brutal disappointment, with an 0-4 record in NFC Championship games.

The Rams were really good for most of the 1980s. Seven playoff teams ... and two of the three non-playoff seasons were the half-assed / less-meaningful strike-shortened years of 1982 and 1987. Consistent winners, and a lot of good players and teams. However, there were simply just better teams.

Being good enough that you Should win more but Fail to do so ... Lost Opportunities ... That's Brutal.

To all the 49ers' fans who are in pain ...
1720183713429.png

By-the-way ... if I was much better looking, I would look like Sean Connery did in this image.

Last edited:

sloramfan

Starter
oh c'mon avenger, gimme a break....

what the hell does a QB have to do with odds on winning a game?

:wow2::quiet:

go rams

slo

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

History not in favor of 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl aspirations​

There have been three head coaches in San Francisco 49ers chronicle to lead the franchise to multiple Super Bowls: Bill Walsh, George Siefert and Kyle Shanahan.

Unfortunately for Shanahan, he's the only coach in that exclusive club to lose a Super Bowl and, more troubling, the only one to have never won one.

For all the success Shanahan's 49ers have compiled, the Lombardi Trophy has been an unattainable triumph and unfortunately for the 44-year old, history is not his side, according to NFL Research.

Following the 49ers' overtime loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVIII, Shanahan became the fifth coach in NFL history to lose his first three Super Bowl appearances as a head coach or coordinator, per NFL Research. None of the previous four coaches ever won a Super Bowl.

Shanahan is in hallowed company in that regard, joining the Buffalo Bills' Marv Levy, the Minnesota Vikings' Bud Grant, Ted Marchibroda as an offensive coordinator with Washington and Buffalo, and longtime Vikings defensive coordinator Jerry Burns. Levy and Grant are Hall of Famers, while Marchibroda and Burns are highly regarded, but nevertheless they each fell short of Lombardi glory.

For Shanahan, it's a past rife with big-game heartbreak that, as aforementioned, doesn't bode well for the future.

In each of Shanahan's Super Bowl defeats -- Super Bowl LI as an offensive coordinator with the Atlanta Falcons against the Patriots, and Super Bowls LIV and LVIII as the 49ers head coach against the Chiefs -- his teams held 10-point leads prior to losing. In each losing endeavor, which includes the only two overtime games in Super Bowl chronicle, Shanahan's offenses have struggled when it counted most, as evidenced by a combined nine offensive points in the fourth quarter.

For his career as a head coach, Shanahan is 8-4 in the playoffs, equating to a .667 winning percentage that stands as the highest in league history without winning an NFL Championship or Super Bowl, per NFL Research.

Since 2010, the 49ers have advanced to seven conference title games, the most in the NFC. However, they're 3-4 in those seven games with zero Super Bowl victories to show for it. In that same timeframe, the Patriots and Chiefs are the only other teams to make six or more trips to the championship round, with each franchise claiming three Super Bowl crowns in that span.

Emerging as the NFL's team of the 1980s, the 49ers won four Super Bowls in the decade and triumphed once more to go 5-0 across their first five Super Bowl appearances. However, the franchise has lost its last three Super Bowls.

Once again, the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders ahead of the 2024 season, locked and loaded with Pro Bowl talent on each side of the ball.

Will this be the season in which San Francisco returns to the top of the NFL mountain and Shanahan finally gets over the hump? Or has history already provided a glimpse into an unfortunate road ahead.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO History!