49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

George Kittle: Brock Purdy looks like the guy, which is really nice​

The 49ers traded former No. 3 overall pick Trey Lance after the rookie season that Brock Purdy had. A year later, Purdy is being talked about as potentially becoming one of the NFL’s highest-paid quarterbacks a year from now after the two seasons he has had.

Purdy helped the 49ers to the NFC Championship Game in the 2022 season before an ulnar collateral ligament tear in his right elbow early in the loss to the Eagles. Last season, the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl, where they lost to the Chiefs.

The 49ers are sold on Purdy as their quarterback of the present and the future.

“He looks like the guy, which is really nice,” 49ers tight end George Kittle told Jennifer Lee Chan of NBC Sports Bay Area last week from Tight End U, via 49erswebzone.com. “He’s in the building every day. He’s the same guy every single day. He’s consistent. He’s incredibly competitive. It’s fun seeing him yell at guys when they don’t hit the route depth, if they have the wrong landmark. He’s taking control of the offense and making it his.”

Purdy just completed his first full offseason, taking the most practice reps of the team’s quarterbacks for the first time in his career.

“Actually going out on the field and running things and repping things, and throwing to the receivers,” Purdy said this offseason. “Last year, I didn’t have that, so now that I’m able to attack those kinds of things, I feel like I’ve gotten better.”

Purdy has taken some ownership of Kyle Shanahan’s offense this offseason.

“It’s Kyle, and Kyle’s calling the plays, but Brock’s getting guys to do what he wants them to do, which is really fun to see,” Kittle said.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have been patiently waiting for this offense to implode. There is only one ball, and all their prima Dona playmakers will turn on each other once things don't go their way. Also is anyone else sick of seeing Travis Kelsey's smiling arse mug posted everywhere with Taylor Swift.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The 49ers are favored in the NFC. I get it. The team that made it to the Superbowl is returning mostly intact. Everyone says its the most talented roster.

But you gotta look a little deeper. A roster that is getting older. Not much depth behind the starters. They gotta pay Aiyuk and Purdy by next year. Odds are McCaffrey won't repeat the season he had last year. Deebo's declining. You gotta expect Kittle to decline. Their offensive line aside from an aging Trent Williams has not been that good.

Then you have to look at the competition. They're gonna have a battle in their own division with the Rams. And the team who gave them a tough fight in the NFCCG looks even better this year. Last year they were clearly the best team in the NFC. This year it may not be the case.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
The 49ers are favored in the NFC. I get it. The team that made it to the Superbowl is returning mostly intact. Everyone says its the most talented roster.

But you gotta look a little deeper. A roster that is getting older. Not much depth behind the starters. They gotta pay Aiyuk and Purdy by next year. Odds are McCaffrey won't repeat the season he had last year. Deebo's declining. You gotta expect Kittle to decline. Their offensive line aside from an aging Trent Williams has not been that good.

Then you have to look at the competition. They're gonna have a battle in their own division with the Rams. And the team who gave them a tough fight in the NFCCG looks even better this year. Last year they were clearly the best team in the NFC. This year it may not be the case.
Wont surprise me one bit to see them go 7-9

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I remember Garoppolo's early years with SF. Their fans were saying things like "HOF should waive the 5 year requirement and put Jimmy in the HOF now!" Or that picture going around with his face in place of Jesus claiming he's their saviour.

At the end it was "I don't care who replaces him! I just want him gone!"

Wouldn't surprise me if we see something similar with Purdy in a couple years.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

George Kittle: Brock Purdy looks like the guy, which is really nice​

The 49ers traded former No. 3 overall pick Trey Lance after the rookie season that Brock Purdy had. A year later, Purdy is being talked about as potentially becoming one of the NFL’s highest-paid quarterbacks a year from now after the two seasons he has had.

Purdy helped the 49ers to the NFC Championship Game in the 2022 season before an ulnar collateral ligament tear in his right elbow early in the loss to the Eagles. Last season, the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl, where they lost to the Chiefs.

The 49ers are sold on Purdy as their quarterback of the present and the future.

“He looks like the guy, which is really nice,” 49ers tight end George Kittle told Jennifer Lee Chan of NBC Sports Bay Area last week from Tight End U, via 49erswebzone.com. “He’s in the building every day. He’s the same guy every single day. He’s consistent. He’s incredibly competitive. It’s fun seeing him yell at guys when they don’t hit the route depth, if they have the wrong landmark. He’s taking control of the offense and making it his.”

Purdy just completed his first full offseason, taking the most practice reps of the team’s quarterbacks for the first time in his career.

“Actually going out on the field and running things and repping things, and throwing to the receivers,” Purdy said this offseason. “Last year, I didn’t have that, so now that I’m able to attack those kinds of things, I feel like I’ve gotten better.”

Purdy has taken some ownership of Kyle Shanahan’s offense this offseason.

“It’s Kyle, and Kyle’s calling the plays, but Brock’s getting guys to do what he wants them to do, which is really fun to see,” Kittle said.

I wonder how these folks would feel if that Detroit DB had picked Purdy in the 3rd quarter instead of a fluke bounce that somehow winded up in aiyuk's hands which completely turned the momentum of the game. It didn't help that Reynolds (former Ram) dropped two key passes that also greatly contributed in the Lion's defeat. IMO, Garapollo would have been just as effective as Purdy with the roster they had. Purdy is a decent kid and he can play, but he's not elite. I think Goff played like an assassin in that NFCCG but dropped passes and that fluke bounce prevented them from their first SB appearance.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wonder how these folks would feel if that Detroit DB had picked Purdy in the 3rd quarter instead of a fluke bounce that somehow winded up in aiyuk's hands which completely turned the momentum of the game. It didn't help that Reynolds (former Ram) dropped two key passes that also greatly contributed in the Lion's defeat. IMO, Garapollo would have been just as effective as Purdy with the roster they had. Purdy is a decent kid and he can play, but he's not elite. I think Goff played like an assassin in that NFCCG but dropped passes and that fluke bounce prevented them from their first SB appearance.
I know I sound like a broken record because I've said it numerous times. But the week before Purdy was very lucky those two DB's dropped sure interceptions. With open field in front of them. If they make those catches SF would not be playing the next week. And the whole offseason narrative would be quite different regarding him. Instead of questions his fans think he's a generational quarterback. If the talent around him declines their bubble will be burst. His arm talent is average or below. Which is why he lasted all the way to the last pick.

Tano

Legend
Yeah the Lions had that game until those things occurred.

Reynolds dropping those two passes just killed me.

I am glad that the 49ers lost the Super Bowl but I would have been even happier if they didn't even make it to the Super Bowl.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah the Lions had that game until those things occurred.

Reynolds dropping those two passes just killed me.

I am glad that the 49ers lost the Super Bowl but I would have been even happier if they didn't even make it to the Super Bowl.
As long as their season ends with a loss at some point I'm good.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
All that said, if Campbell runs the fucking ball in the second half anything like he did in the first, they win.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Purdy is a slightly built midget man with tiny hands and skinny arms.
I say Verse and Fisk are going to meet at the QB with bad intentions and end their season.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
All that said, if Campbell runs the fucking ball in the second half anything like he did in the first, they win.
…or kicks that damn FG to keep a 17 point lead, instead of going for a tough 4th down conversion. Even the players had a mystified look when they were told to stay out there and go for it.

They came up short. The 9ers went down and scored. All of a sudden, the lead was 7 and every play became a big deal.

The HC did not do HIS job that day.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Purdy is a slightly built midget man with tiny hands and skinny arms.
I say Verse and Fisk are going to meet at the QB with bad intentions and end their season.
Well let’s be realistic.Jared Verse going against Trent Williams will probably have a tough day,especially if they line say George Kittles over him as well.
—I will not DOUBT Jared Verse as of NOW!! He is bringing day in day out as of OTA’s.

Fiske ? Come on MAN!! He is going struggle getting to the QB or jeopardize defending the Run.His short arms might be an issue.He has a good motor & will make plays.His rookie season he is going to take a few LUMPS!

I guess with the way describe Brock is why Jared Verse & B.Young can bring a solid Edge by keeping him in the pocket.That’s where he makes his biggest plays is getting away from the pass rush & outside of the tackles.

—Who really knows for sure,but IMO that is the way I see it. Michael is my X-Factor. Then the way Bobby Brown & Turner are looking might surprise Ram Fans.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Well let’s be realistic.Jared Verse going against Trent Williams will probably have a tough day,especially if they line say George Kittles over him as well.
—I will not DOUBT Jared Verse as of NOW!! He is bringing day in day out as of OTA’s.
If the 9ers have to employ both williams AND kittle to deal with Verse….advantage Rams.
Fiske ? Come on MAN!! He is going struggle getting to the QB or jeopardize defending the Run.His short arms might be an issue.He has a good motor & will make plays.His rookie season he is going to take a few LUMPS!
You might be correct there; but again, if the 9ers are using two guys on Verse, Fiske will have a fighting chance with both Young and Turner coming from the other side.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If the 9ers have to employ both williams AND kittle to deal with Verse….advantage Rams.

You might be correct there; but again, if the 9ers are using two guys on Verse, Fiske will have a fighting chance with both Young and Turner coming from the other side.
We’re talking Trent Williams against a rookie.If Kittle stacks on that side of the ball #44 leading the way,Fiske is going to get eaten up!! McCafferey is a Top 5 RB.So play action is always going to work. There is a reason the 9ers should have won the Superbowl,or at least have beaten KC.

There is going to be some growing pains for almost all rookies.I’m a glass have empty going into 2024 against that team.Do I hope I’m totally wrong(yes),but realistically we can still talk trash.

Let’s hope The Rams Home Opener that RAM FANS -pack SOFI STADIUM!! If it’s all RED ? How SAD 3 games into the season & a loss isn’t going to be a good feeling.