The Jeff Fisher leverage game is working

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
squeaky wheel said:
RamsSince1969 said:
If we get Fisher, Bradford's gone. It's that simple. From what I've read or seen from what has been posted here, he has already made up his mind or has made it known he doesn't like Sam. This could turn into a complete FUBAR choice for a coach and the team. Please Miami, take this guy before he sets us back another 5 years.

No way. You're reading an inexplicably lukewarm to hostile majority here that is too invested in Spag love to see this situation clearly. Fisher is a great HC. I've followed his career with the Oilers and Titans and we would be getting a top notch HC that knows talent and how to coach it. He perfectly fits the experienced HC criteria hinted at by the Rams. Since Martz I've wanted Fisher as the Rams HC. It will be a great day should he sign with the Rams. Do it Stan.

So squeak, if it turns out that JF does in fact not like SB, do you still want him as coach? I myself am on the fence with this. Not exactly sold on SB as a franchise QB, not exactly sold on Fisher as someone who can pick up and adjust to today's pass happy league........

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
squeaky wheel said:
RamsSince1969 said:
If we get Fisher, Bradford's gone. It's that simple. From what I've read or seen from what has been posted here, he has already made up his mind or has made it known he doesn't like Sam. This could turn into a complete FUBAR choice for a coach and the team. Please Miami, take this guy before he sets us back another 5 years.

No way. You're reading an inexplicably lukewarm to hostile majority here that is too invested in Spag love to see this situation clearly. Fisher is a great HC. I've followed his career with the Oilers and Titans and we would be getting a top notch HC that knows talent and how to coach it. He perfectly fits the experienced HC criteria hinted at by the Rams. Since Martz I've wanted Fisher as the Rams HC. It will be a great day should he sign with the Rams. Do it Stan.

so that's how it is? people who appreciated what Spags did can't see anything clearly? how do you reconcile that in your brain? it's just as easy to say that people who did not like him are now suddenly swearing blind allegiance to anyone that is not him. would that be a fair statement? Of course not.

apologies for the lack of capitalization and punctuation. This is a talk and type thing I have to use on this phone.

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
RamsSince1969 said:

So squeak, if it turns out that JF does in fact not like SB, do you still want him as coach? I myself am on the fence with this. Not exactly sold on SB as a franchise QB, not exactly sold on Fisher as someone who can pick up and adjust to today's pass happy league........

If Fisher is hired by the Rams:

a. while telling Rams management he doesn't think SB can QB his team......then management will move SB and likely acquire a QB to Fisher's liking.

b. a good part of Fisher's decision will have been having SB at QB.

In other words to me it's a non-issue. SK will do what he wants.

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
RamsSince1969 said:

so that's how it is? people who appreciated what Spags did can't see anything clearly? how do you reconcile that in your brain? it's just as easy to say that people who did not like him are now suddenly swearing blind allegiance to anyone that is not him. would that be a fair statement? Of course not.

apologies for the lack of capitalization and punctuation. This is a talk and type thing I have to use on this phone.

It's how it must be considering the UNIVERSAL appeal of landing Fisher that is expressed across those teams looking for a HC and those players on his teams and those playing against. NO OTHER EXPLANATION.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
RamsSince1969 said:

It's how it must be considering the UNIVERSAL appeal of landing Fisher that is expressed across those teams looking for a HC and those players on his teams and those playing against. NO OTHER EXPLANATION.
Now you're painting yourself into a corner. There are several of us that had been warming up to Fisher (including myself) until yesterday's tweet from Silver. That just raised questions about where the franchise would be going with a HC who has trust issues because he had a young QB thrust upon him at his last stop.

Maybe this is a non-issue, but we are allowed express our concerns without being labeled--and dismissed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
squeaky wheel said:
That reminds me.....when I leave a tip on the card is that at the sole discretion of management how much (if any) goes to the employee?

The employer is allowed to keep reasonable fees such as credit card fees, book keeping fees, and shit like that. It would add up to about 4-5% of the tip amount. I'm not into that game. Maybe I'm just not enough into trying to get rich at any cost. My point of sale guy originally set up my system to automatically add those fees in before the server could close out. It just didn't feel right so I had him remove them. Y'know, the server kicks ass, has a great tip night, and I'm going to take back 5 bucks? Sounds a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'd rather consider that a cost of doing business and have a happier server that continues to kick ass for me and those tips.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Getting rid of Bradford is stupid for several reasons, including finacial.

So if Fisher does not like him, then I will publically say he shouldn't even be in contention for the job. If you can't build a team around a ROY QB with talent like Sam has, then you're not right for this team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shoot. I hope it does happen. So you can become the biggest apologist on the board if he runs into trouble and doesn't take us directly to the superbowl.

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:
That reminds me.....when I leave a tip on the card is that at the sole discretion of management how much (if any) goes to the employee?

The employer is allowed to keep reasonable fees such as credit card fees, book keeping fees, and shyte like that. It would add up to about 4-5% of the tip amount. I'm not into that game. Maybe I'm just not enough into trying to get rich at any cost. My point of sale guy originally set up my system to automatically add those fees in before the server could close out. It just didn't feel right so I had him remove them. Y'know, the server kicks ass, has a great tip night, and I'm going to take back 5 bucks? Sounds a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'd rather consider that a cost of doing business and have a happier server that continues to kick ass for me and those tips.

Thanks. Cool you're a big picture type of guy. So when can I start? :tooth:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

The employer is allowed to keep reasonable fees such as credit card fees, book keeping fees, and shyte like that. It would add up to about 4-5% of the tip amount. I'm not into that game. Maybe I'm just not enough into trying to get rich at any cost. My point of sale guy originally set up my system to automatically add those fees in before the server could close out. It just didn't feel right so I had him remove them. Y'know, the server kicks ass, has a great tip night, and I'm going to take back 5 bucks? Sounds a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'd rather consider that a cost of doing business and have a happier server that continues to kick ass for me and those tips.

How did I know you were unemployed. :tooth:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Bucs plan to meet with former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, but working with his schedule since he has several interviews lined up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

I'll let you know when we have an opening. Might be a while - our servers seem to like to stay. Also, my wife tends to pick up the slack in the winter time and no offense but I tend to prefer watching her run around in a skirt over some dude - Rams fan or no. :sly:

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

I'll let you know when we have an opening. Might be a while - our servers seem to like to stay. Also, my wife tends to pick up the slack in the winter time and no offense but I tend to prefer watching her run around in a skirt over some dude - Rams fan or no. :sly:

I'd have to wear a skirt? Not cool......well actually too cool.....as in twig and berries cool. :?!:

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

How did I know you were unemployed. :tooth:

:slap!:

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
@NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Bucs plan to meet with former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, but working with his schedule since he has several interviews lined up.
Next time I get an interview, I'll use this line. "Well, I have a lot of interviews, but I think I can squeeze you in."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
squeaky wheel said:
I'd have to wear a skirt? Not cool......well actually too cool.....as in twig and berries cool. :?!:

No. GOD NO! I don't make my servers wear skirts anyway - I just prefer it. My wife knowing that, does everything she can to make me happy. Over share? :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
@NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
I mean, aren't their jobs that he knows he doesn't want? Sigh...the shine is coming off.

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

No. GOD NO! I don't make my servers wear skirts anyway - I just prefer it. My wife knowing that, does everything she can to make me happy. Over share? :sly:

:lmao: