The first time you felt... old

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was talking to one of the wifes employees the other day, and just happened to mention that we met in 1986, and he said he wasnt even born yet
I used to manage grocery stores and when I was first promoted to manager we were in a very old store around 1992-3 (I was born in 1970) and cleaning out the office. In one drawer one of the bosses found an old TV guide from like March of '71. So they started looking through it talking about the shows and asked me if I remembered one and I just laughed and said yeah I watched it from my crib. Only time I ever got in trouble :D

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
This past Thanksgiving, I threw my back out. I was pulling the rug out from underneath the couch and just overextended myself. I was bedridden for 2 days, my wife had to walk me to the bathroom.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Easy one for me. After my neck surgery at 44. I went through so many other surgical procedures in my life and bounced back quickly. For some of them my recovery was remarkably quick. But the neck surgery seemed to take me forever to get feeling good again. After 3 months I felt like doing something. What a mistake that was. I was wiped out and had alk kinds of new pain. The body does not heal as quickly as you age. Ever since then I've been aware of my age.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
spwMWzf.png

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Me, it was 51, playing 2nd base (softball). It was the first game of the season and I was terrible. In my mind I thought I could still make the plays, but the legs were gone. Of course, I blamed it on my new wife for sapping my strength. I played the rest of the season in right field.

ozarkram

Duke of Earl
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna say the first time I noticed songs from my high school days being played in grocery stores, elevators etc. Also the word Sir when directed at me. Kept looking around for my Dad.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I mentioned how great Alien the movie was and how great Sigourney Weaver was in the move and she (millenial) said, "Who's that?"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you went to school and don't know from what movie this scene comes, you might be a MIllenial.

IQSy7lh.png

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Late 2012, maybe early 2013 I hurt my back lifting a 4 man carry box by myself (the army limit for 4 man carry is pretty low and it had handles, I'm not trying to flex here). NBD, hurt back, don't care. Kept living my life but taking it easy when I could. I did not feel old.

Fast forward to the following winter, sometime in December. I was 27. I've never been great, or even good, at athletics and I always struggled with my PT tests in the Army. I was getting ready to go running through our neighborhood. It had recently snowed (freaking Germany and the stupid snow) so I was getting all the gear on. Last thing is my shoes. I decided to put them on before I went downstairs. I bent over to put my first shoe on, no problem. Second shoe, I feel my lower back pop in the same place I had hurt it before. It hurt quite a bit but I skipped the shoe on the rest of the way. Took me 5 minutes to stand up straight. Probably 2 minutes to get down a single flight of stairs. I couldn't sit down so I walked around my house slowly untili felt a little loose again. Then I went and ran on the ice. I couldn't go fast because (I was fast and slow) my back and the ice but I sure as hell want going to fail that PT test.

As soon as my back popped while putting on my shoes, I knew that was the beginning of the end. I have to be careful every day now. Didn't help that 2 years later somebody wrenched my leg up while doing combatives and completely wrecked my lower back. I didn't quite feel old, but I knew that was the start of me acting old.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There are pics of this.... somewhere...
Great times. Fulton was 20 then and was all bummed he wouldn't be able to go in bar hopping with us. I told him to just act like he belonged with us old guys (Well my dad and @VegasRam anyway). He never got carded and had a blast. And no @RhodyRams , you weren't the only one he beat. But my dad went undefeated. Someone found him one of those paper Burger King type hats and he wore it around the rest of the night.:ROFLMAO:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Great times. Fulton was 20 then and was all bummed he wouldn't be able to go in bar hopping with us. I told him to just act like he belonged with us old guys (Well my dad and @VegasRam anyway). He never got carded and had a blast. And no @RhodyRams , you weren't the only one he beat. But my dad went undefeated. Someone found him one of those paper Burger King type hats and he wore it around the rest of the night.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 45119

I have a confession to make here Stu. I promised not to tell... but enough time has passed now.

I was sneaking Fulton drinks that night when nobody was looking. LOL. I ordered them like they were for me but would slide em over to him after the waitress left. The waitress probably thought I was a mess.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have a confession to make here Stu. I promised not to tell... but enough time has passed now.

I was sneaking Fulton drinks that night when nobody was looking. LOL. I ordered them like they were for me but would slide em over to him after the waitress left. The waitress probably thought I was a mess.
Ha! He had an open invite by me anyway. He joined in on the mass blue shots too. The kid was raised around a brewery so he had ample opportunity to abuse alcohol at any time if he was going to go that route. He rarely even drinks now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

That explains why I wasn’t very impressed by Fulton.

:gig:

Kidding. Damn that was a good time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That explains why I wasn’t very impressed by Fulton.

:gig:

Kidding. Damn that was a good time.
When I look at my ROD join date.... Sometimes it feels like Father Time and his sidekick are chasing us down.....

IPIrwjo.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wife and I were driving back from...somewhere. I don't remember.

I was in my 40s at a gas pump when I bent over to touch my toes to stretch as we'd been in the car for awhile.

Well, two girls who looked like HSers... so, like 16-ish? I dunno... they come over and look at me all concerned and say, "hey Mister? are you okay?"

In my head, I was like "wtf? I'm just stretching a second"

My reaction was to assure them I was fine and then laugh really hard at myself.

Oh and it was right about that time that I popped a rib head... SLEEPING... I mean... who does that???

Took weeks of chiro to get it to stay in place. I knew then...