ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Hopefully you have a pick ready @Alan because the guy on the clock right now hasn't been on since Saturday. He's only got about an hour left right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm patiently waiting for my pick. I thought we would have zoomed through this by now. We've had forever to prepare and at least the top 10 should have had a great idea of when they'd be making their picks.

Oh well. All I can do is wait.
The key is the GM signup process. You sacrifice some posters feeling left out, but the reward is a speedier process.

@Alan
Where are you going my friend? What's this swan song talk u speak of? Is your Internet connection getting repo'd?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not a big fan of this trade. IMO, giving up a high 2nd rounder and a promising young O-lineman for something you already have on your roster is not a big gain for me. If this trade were made, you're basically admitting failure on 3rd Rd pick Sean Mannion after one season, and all indications are the the Rams are happy with Mannion's progress. I'd keep the pick and fill other more pressing needs.

Since I represented New England for this trade, and of course being a Rams only fan, I found this trade to be pretty fair for both teams.
In no way do I believe this is an admission of failure for Mannion, no more so than when Washington drafted RG3 and went on to also draft Cousins. While I do believe Garoppolo would be the expected starter, the competition between he, Mannion & Keenum should raise the benchmark for all three of them. You also open the season with at least 2 capable starters, and quite possibly 3. Spend your 15'th overall on Lynch, you have a guy who won't see the field in 2016, and is still a questionable developmental player, albeit with some upside. Spend your 43'rd overall second round pick on Cook, you get a player with less upside than Garoppolo imo. If Garoppolo beats out Mannion, and they both look solid during the pre-season, Mannion can be traded next year or the year after. Both players are extremely CAP friendly for the next 2 years, Mannion for the next 3.

The alternative, which is how this more than likely works out is, the Rams will do nothing. Keenum will start, Foles will get his final season here, and if Keenum goes down, the team will hope to save face from that disastrous extension by attempting a resurrection of sorts. Foles will be gone next year & Keenum will be a free agent looking to be paid based on how he performs this season. Mannion could easily be our only signed QB starting the 2017 off-season, hopefully we have a really good idea of his future value following pre-season.

Of course, maybe we break the bank and sign what is potentially the biggest free agent of 2017, … Andrew Luck. I wouldn't rule it out for an old, loved, historical team being reintroduced to the second largest media market in the nation, that along with a brand new state of the art stadium coming shortly thereafter. jmo.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram with this:
Where are you going my friend? What's this swan song talk u speak of? Is your Internet connection getting repo'd?
This forum deserves to have fanatical supporters or nobody would have started this forum in the first place. I can no longer support the NFL after losing two different teams. I'm also a St. Louisan first and an NFL fan second. I won't be posting after this mock is over. It will be a sad day for me and a large reordering of my daily priorities/activities.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
This forum deserves to have fanatical supporters or nobody would have started this forum in the first place. I can no longer support the NFL after losing two different teams. I'm also a St. Louisan first and an NFL fan second. I won't be posting after this mock is over. It will be a sad day for me and a large reordering of my daily priorities/activities.

I respect your decision, but this really sucks. You leaving will be a big loss to ROD, and you'll be missed. I mean that.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Alan may be better prepared to play a DUNGEON MASTER role
Dude I think Alan is the wizard of all time but maybe this process needs everyone to submit their big board
What I mean by big board is we list the players we rate highest on a list of 150 players
This would be perfect for Alan since he has no vested interst and is only doing this so peole like myself will have a life, and he can go down the list and go by the BPA you have on your list - this will solve all the time issues
The question is moving forward who will be best to play the Dungeon Master Roll here on ROD
In the meantime I'm enjoying every minute of the process :LOL:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Alan may be better prepared to play a DUNGEON MASTER role
Dude I think Alan is the wizard of all time but maybe this process needs everyone to submit their big board
What I mean by big board is we list the players we rate highest on a list of 150 players
This would be perfect for Alan since he has no vested interst and is only doing this so peole like myself will have a life, and he can go down the list and go by the BPA you have on your list - this will solve all the time issues
The question is moving forward who will be best to play the Dungeon Master Roll here on ROD
In the meantime I'm enjoying every minute of the process :LOL:

Way too much work lol. Way too much typing. I'm on ROD every day. No real chance for me to miss any of my picks unless the missus has our baby early.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I respect your decision, but this really sucks. You leaving will be a big loss to ROD, and you'll be missed. I mean that.

Aw hell c'mon ya old fart, this is a community here, don't
"Gots" nut tin' ta do with corporate stuff, we love you man!!

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
That's what makes this fun. Those of us that aren't GM's in the draft can play Mel Kiper, Todd McShay or whoever your favorite talking head is and criticize/praise the moves of others. You make a good case for your trade and Garoppolo could be what you say. The problem for me is there's not enough track record at the NFL level to justify the cost. 20 completions for 188 yds in 2 seasons doesn't give me a warm fuzzy he's better that Keenum or Mannion. But as we know, QB's are the currency of the NFL, and if you're correct in your analysis, you'll have more than one suitor knocking on your door.

Since I'm playing the talking head, my question to you as a GM is, now that you've made the trade Mr. New England GM, what are you going to do for a back-up to Tom Brady? Depth Chart is might bleak at the moment if he goes down and the FA market is pretty barren

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Open the voting to everyone. The first player with 3 or 4 votes becomes the pick. Just decide on how many and we can get this team behind us. jmo.

Alan

Legend
With the 4th pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cowgirls select Joey Bosa DE, Ohio State.

This pick was made for @Jorgeh0605 without his knowledge or consent so you can't blame him. :LOL:

www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/02/11/helman-what-exactly-are-cowboys-biggest-needs-2016
"1. Defensive End

This is a stat I’ve repeated ad nauseam since the season ended, but it bears repeating: as it stands right now, only one Dallas defensive end under contract for 2016 has ever recorded an NFL sack.

Sure, DeMarcus Lawrence enjoyed a breakout season and led the team in quarterback takedowns. He’s a solid building block for your pass rush, andRandy Gregory’s athleticism and upside are still plenty exciting despite a disappointing rookie campaign. But for a scheme that seeks to send waves of pass rushers after the quarterback, it’s hard to feel good about the guys behind those two – Ryan Russell and Efe Obada, for the time being.

Greg Hardy, Jack Crawford and Jeremy Mincey have all made meaningful contributions to this defense in the past, and they’re all about to be free agents. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see one or more of them re-sign with the Cowboys in the spring, and it also wouldn’t surprise me to see all three of them move on.

This much is clear: this roster is painfully thin on edge rushers, and I think the Cowboys would do well to address the situation in both free agency and the NFL draft."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/01/05/biggest-draft-need-no-4-jones-“we’ve-got-get-best-player”
"The Biggest Draft Need At No. 4? Jones: “We’ve Got To Get The Best Player”"

Both of those scream Joey Bosa to me.

@PressureD41 is on the clock.
@Merlin is on deck.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
With the 4th pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cowgirls select Joey Bosa DE, Ohio State.

This pick was made for @Jorgeh0605 without his knowledge or consent so you can't blame him. :LOL:

www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/02/11/helman-what-exactly-are-cowboys-biggest-needs-2016
"1. Defensive End

This is a stat I’ve repeated ad nauseam since the season ended, but it bears repeating: as it stands right now, only one Dallas defensive end under contract for 2016 has ever recorded an NFL sack.

Sure, DeMarcus Lawrence enjoyed a breakout season and led the team in quarterback takedowns. He’s a solid building block for your pass rush, andRandy Gregory’s athleticism and upside are still plenty exciting despite a disappointing rookie campaign. But for a scheme that seeks to send waves of pass rushers after the quarterback, it’s hard to feel good about the guys behind those two – Ryan Russell and Efe Obada, for the time being.

Greg Hardy, Jack Crawford and Jeremy Mincey have all made meaningful contributions to this defense in the past, and they’re all about to be free agents. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see one or more of them re-sign with the Cowboys in the spring, and it also wouldn’t surprise me to see all three of them move on.

This much is clear: this roster is painfully thin on edge rushers, and I think the Cowboys would do well to address the situation in both free agency and the NFL draft."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/01/05/biggest-draft-need-no-4-jones-“we’ve-got-get-best-player”
"The Biggest Draft Need At No. 4? Jones: “We’ve Got To Get The Best Player”"

Both of those scream Joey Bosa to me.

@PressureD41 is on the clock.
@Merlin is on deck.

Now that's how I define a real live bonafide Commish!!

Bravo Sir!!!:banana:

Oh, great pick also, even el Rynie gots to like this!

Oh wait, then again...

Alan

Legend
The Cowgirlss GM has made the 4th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft and @PressureD41 is on the clock and has until 1800 hours, 29MAR16 EST to make his pick.

Round 1

1. Jets - 12intheBox: Carson Wentz - North Dakota State
2. Cleveland - Corbin: Jared Goff - California
3. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Jalen Ramsey - FSU
4. Cowboys - Jorgeh0605: Joey Bosa - Ohio State
5. Jaguars - PressureD41:
6. Ravens - Merlin:
7. 49ers - JackDRams:
8. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
9. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
10. Giants - Mojo Ram:
11. Bears - Shaunpinney:
12. Saints - Gandalf:
13. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
14. Raiders - -X-:
15. Rams - Boston Ram:
16. Lions - Dieter the Brock:
17. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
18. Colts - Legatron4:
19. Bills - T-REX:
20. Titans - A55VA6:
21. Redskins - Killgasm:
22. Texans - Tron:
23. Vikings - jsimcox:
24. Bengals - hotanez:
25. Steelers - TheDYVKX:
26. Seahawks - OldSchool:
27. Packers - Ramrocket:
28. Chiefs – JRobinson:
29. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
30. Panthers -Warner4Prez
31. Broncos - Ramhusker

Round 2

32. Browns - Corbin:
33. Titans - A55VA6:
34. Cowboys - Jorgeh0605:
35. Chargers - Shawnbb158:
36. Ravens - Merlin:
37. 49ers - JackDRams:
38. Jaguars - PressureD41:
39. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
40. Giants -Mojo Ram:
41. Bears - Shaunpinney:
42. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
43. Patriots - Riverumbbq
44. Raiders - -X-:
45. Rams - Boston Ram:
46. Lions - Dieter the Brock:
47. Saints - Gandalf:
48. Colts - Legatron4:
49. Bills - T-REX:
50. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
51.Titans-A55VA6:
52. Texans - Tron:
53. Redskins - Killgasm:
54. Vikings - jsimcox:
55. Bengals - hotanez:
56. Seahawks - OldSchool:
57. Packers - Ramrocket:
58. Steelers -TheDYVKX:
59. Chiefs - JRobinson:
60. Patriots - Riverumbbq:
61. Patriots - Riverumbbq:
62. Panthers -Warner4Prez
63. Broncos -Ramhusker

Round 3

64. Titans - A55VA6:
65. Browns - Corbin:
66. Chargers - Shawnbb158:
67. Cowboys - Jorgeh0605:
68. 49ers - JackDRams:
69. Jaguars - PressureD41:
70. Ravens - Merlin:
71. Giants -Mojo Ram:
72. Bears - Shaunpinney:
73. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
74. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
75. Raiders - -X-:
76. Rams - Boston Ram:
77. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
78. Saints - Gandalf:
79. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
80. Bills - T-REX:
81. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
82. Colts - Legatron4:
83. Titans-A55VA6:
84. Redskins - Killgasm:
85. Texans - Tron:
86. Vikings - jsimcox:
87. Bengals - hotanez:
88. Packers - Ramrocket:
89. Steelers -TheDYVKX:
90. Seahawks - OldSchool:
91. Patriots - Riverumbbq:
92. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
93. Panthers -Warner4Prez
94. Broncos -Ramhusker
95. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Compensatory:
96. Patriots - Riverumbbq: Compensatory:
97. Seahawks - OldSchool: Compensatory:
98. Broncos - Ramhusker: Compensatory:

Round 4

99. Browns - Corbin:
100. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
101. Cowboys - Jorgeh0605:
102. Chargers - Shawnbb158:
103. Jaguars - PressureD41:
104. Ravens - Merlin:
105. 49ers - JackDRams:
106. Bears - Shaunpinney:
107. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
108. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
109. Giants -Mojo Ram:
110. Rams - Boston Ram:
111. Lions - Dieter the Brock:
112. Saints - Gandalf:
113. Titans - A55VA6:
114. Raiders - -X-:
115. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
116. Colts - Legatron4:
117. Bills - T-REX:
118. Titans-A55VA6:
119. Texans - Tron:
120. Redskins - Killgasm:
121. Vikings - jsimcox:
122. Bengals - hotanez:
123. Steelers -TheDYVKX:
124. Seahawks - OldSchool:
125. Packers - Ramrocket:
126. Chiefs - JRobinson:
127. Bears - Shaunpinney:
128. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
129. Panthers -Warner4Prez
130. Ravens - Merlin:
131. Packers - Ramrocket: Compensatory:
132. Ravens - Merlin: Compensatory:
133. 49ers - JackDRams: Compensatory:
134. Ravens - Merlin: Compensatory:
135. Cowboys - Jorgeh0605: Compensatory:
136. Broncos - Ramhusker: Compensatory:
137. Packers - Ramrocket: Compensatory:
138. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
139. Bills - T-REX: Compensatory:

Round 5

140. Titans - A55VA6:
141. Browns - Corbin:
142. 49ers - JackDRams:
143. Raiders - -X-:
144. Broncos -Ramhusker
145. 49ers - JackDRams:
146. Jaguars - PressureD41:
147. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
148. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
149. Giants -Mojo Ram:
150. Bears - Shaunpinney:
151. Lions - Dieter the Brock:
152. Saints - Gandalf:
153. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
154. Raiders - -X-:
155. Colts - Legatron4:
156. Bills - T-REX:
157. Titans - A55VA6:
158. Redskins - Killgasm:
159. Texans - Tron:
160. Vikings - jsimcox:
161. Bengals - hotanez:
162. Chiefs - JRobinson:
163. Packers - Ramrocket:
164. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
165. Chiefs - JRobinson:
166. Texans - Tron:
167. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
168. Panthers - Warner4Prez
169. Lions - Dieter the Brock:
170. Cardinals - BatteringRambo: Compensatory:
171. Seahawks - OldSchool: Compensatory:
172. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
173. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
174. 49ers - JackDRams: Compensatory:
175. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Compensatory:

Players already chosen (color coded by round chosen):
QB: Carson Wentz, Jared Goff,
WR:
TE:
RB:
OT:
OG:
C:

DE: Joey Bosa,
DT:
LB:
S:
CB: Jalen Ramsey,

Other:

Standby GM: Jumava68, Ramfan503

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Way too much work lol. Way too much typing. I'm on ROD every day. No real chance for me to miss any of my picks unless the missus has our baby early.

Come on Jack,
Goff and Wentz off the board, you definitely have had to have made a big board? I mean Detroit has all their picks dialed in for the best mock draft off all time
- Matt the Millen
always on the clock YO