ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
With the 197th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Bucs select - T - Tyler Marz out of Wisconsin.

melvin-gordon-ncaa-football-bowling-green-wisconsin1.jpg

1st Round Pick - CB - Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida.
2nd Round Pick - S - Keanu Neal, Florida.
3rd Round Pick - DE - Shawn Oakman, Baylor.
4th Round Pick - WR - Kenny Lawler, Cal.
5th Round Pick - G - Joe Dahl, Washington St.
6th Round Pick - FB - Derek Watt, Wisconsin.
6th Round Pick #2 - T - Tyler Marz, Wisconsin.

@Shawnbb158 You're on the clock!

Its been fun, gentlemen. I'm ready to do next years now. :rolllaugh:

giphy.gif

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Just recapping Detroit's draft and their latest pick:

1- Noah Spence DE
2 - Ryan Kelly C
3 - Willie Henry DL
5 - Brandon Shell RT
6 - Jatavis Brown LB

Jatavis Brown
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 222 lbs
40 Yard Dash: 4.47 seconds
SPARQ - 134.7

Nice write up on him from a 49er blog of all things:

Positives:

• Speed immediately stands out as his biggest strength - sideline-to-sideline player who can close the gap incredibly fast

• Looks natural when asked to drop in space

• Can rush the passer up the middle or off of the edge (12 sacks in 2015)

• Plays with incredible heart and intensity - one of the most aggressive players to watch on tape

• A reliable tackler even with a small frame

• Anything but afraid to stick his nose in the play and deliver rendering hit

Negatives
  • Struggles to stack-and-shed bigger opposition

• Needs to refine his tackling mechanics - often too high

• Brown will likely be asked to play a lot of safety at the next level, so improving his pass coverage would be a huge plus.
Conclusion

At first glance you may wonder if he's built to play linebacker at the next level, but if you put on the tape your doubts will be negated. Brown is all over the field, utilizing his speed to chase down action and contribute to the play. Brown has the versatility to play as a box-safety, edge rusher, or even a WILL linebacker in a 4-3 defense. In an interview last year Brown was asked the following: "One of the most important things once you get to the NFL is versatility - do you feel comfortable dropping in space and playing on special teams?" He replied by stating, "I am versatile. I can do it all, honestly. Not to sound cocky, but I can be a run stopper, rush the passer, run with receivers down the field. I love special teams - they want me focusing on defense so they don't let me play special teams this year." That's what I love most about Brown - his flexibility. With NFL defenses evolving, you need a rangy player who can do it all for your team.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Shawnbb158

Starter
With the 198th pick the San Diego Chargers select:

2555459.jpg

Keith Marshall (RB)
HT: 5'11" WT: 219LBS.

POSITION: RB

SCHOOL: Georgia

ARM LENGTH: 31 5/8"

HANDS: 9 3/8"

Overview
It was hoped Marshall would be the next great back to play between the hedges. He was the North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year as a high school senior, rushing for nearly 1,900 yards, and recruiters appreciated that he was the state Class AAAA 100-meter dash champion. Marshall made a great first impression, taking 117 carries as a true freshman for 759 yards and eight scores (he also had 11-91, one TD receiving). Five games into his sophomore season, however, he suffered a torn right ACL against Tennessee and missed the rest of the year (56-246, one TD rushing; 8-111, one TD receiving). He attempted to come back for 2014, but could only play three games (12-24 rushing) because his knee did not heal properly. Ironically, an injury to his teammate, Nick Chubb, made it possible for Marshall to get 68 carries (for 350 yards and three scores) in his final year with the Bulldogs. Instead of petitioning the NCAA for another year of eligibility due to two lost seasons, Marshall decided to move on and try to make his way in the NFL.

Pro Day Results

Short shuttle: 4.25 seconds
3-cone drill: 6.98 seconds

COMBINE STATS
  • 40 YARD DASH: 4.31 SEC
  • BENCH PRESS: 25 REPS
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 30.5 INCH
Add a change of pace guy. Kinda surprised he was still around. May not turn out to be much but has the speed to make plays even if it's just in the return game.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
With the 197th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Bucs select - T - Tyler Marz out of Wisconsin.

giphy.gif

Damnit there's not gonna be an o lineman left for the 9ers

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

giphy.gif
Nice Pick LosAngelesRam! You've had a pretty good Draft! I'll look forward to competing against you next year. BUT this one ain't over yet!:LOL::D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the 198th pick the San Diego Chargers select:

2555459.jpg

Keith Marshall (RB)
HT: 5'11" WT: 219LBS.

POSITION: RB

SCHOOL: Georgia

ARM LENGTH: 31 5/8"

HANDS: 9 3/8"

Overview
It was hoped Marshall would be the next great back to play between the hedges. He was the North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year as a high school senior, rushing for nearly 1,900 yards, and recruiters appreciated that he was the state Class AAAA 100-meter dash champion. Marshall made a great first impression, taking 117 carries as a true freshman for 759 yards and eight scores (he also had 11-91, one TD receiving). Five games into his sophomore season, however, he suffered a torn right ACL against Tennessee and missed the rest of the year (56-246, one TD rushing; 8-111, one TD receiving). He attempted to come back for 2014, but could only play three games (12-24 rushing) because his knee did not heal properly. Ironically, an injury to his teammate, Nick Chubb, made it possible for Marshall to get 68 carries (for 350 yards and three scores) in his final year with the Bulldogs. Instead of petitioning the NCAA for another year of eligibility due to two lost seasons, Marshall decided to move on and try to make his way in the NFL.

Pro Day Results

Short shuttle: 4.25 seconds
3-cone drill: 6.98 seconds

COMBINE STATS
  • 40 YARD DASH: 4.31 SEC
  • BENCH PRESS: 25 REPS
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 30.5 INCH
Add a change of pace guy. Kinda surprised he was still around. May not turn out to be much but has the speed to make plays even if it's just in the return game.
Really nice pick! And if I may add the young man has a SPARQ score of 122.5. Pretty good!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
With their 6th round pick the Cincinnati Bengals choose James Bradberry, CB/S, Samford

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Oh what a shame!!!!:D:yay::yess::mrburnsevil::homercrawl:

I'm actually worried. Because the 9ers have so many picks and this draft is so deep. I'm absolutely dominating this draft, my opinion of course. I hope it doesn't pan out this way in real life.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm actually worried. Because the 9ers have so many picks and this draft is so deep. I'm absolutely dominating this draft, my opinion of course. I hope it doesn't pan out this way in real life.
I think I want to compare our respective Draft picks at the end of the Draft!! Just for the fun of it! Please put it together after you last pick!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Shoot sorry didn't see Tron's pick. Let me check the last picks so I don't mess up again