Rams won’t need a premium pick to draft their next franchise QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Ok here is a scenario. The trade deadline is Nov 5th, after the Rams 8th game. What if the wheels fall off and your 2-6, similar to 22'. Injuries galore, but Stafford is still healthy.

If a contending team, especially an AFC team like Miami, comes calling for Stafford, offering a #1, as they have a chance to win it with a star QB, would you move him? It could help your ability to trade for the rookie QB you want in the 25' draft and just essentially start over at QB with the young team you already have?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ok here is a scenario. The trade deadline is Nov 5th, after the Rams 8th game. What if the wheels fall off and your 2-6, similar to 22'. Injuries galore, but Stafford is still healthy.

If a contending team, especially an AFC team like Miami, comes calling for Stafford, offering a #1, as they have a chance to win it with a star QB, would you move him? It could help your ability to trade for the rookie QB you want in the 25' draft and just essentially start over at QB with the young team you already have?
No. I want to keep building around Stafford. QBs who scramble around do great in the regular season, but the playoffs favor the QBs who can win from the pocket. We have one of those QBs. So not getting him killed is the key here.

For SF and thereafter we need to get protections right and we should be fine. Talent is there. Might take a bit for Limmer to settle with the boys, but McVay is a top play caller. Get that going and hopefully this defense will start hitting. We saw a bit of that vs Detroit so it has not been all bad.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler

No.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. I want to keep building around Stafford. QBs who scramble around do great in the regular season, but the playoffs favor the QBs who can win from the pocket. We have one of those QBs. So not getting him killed is the key here.

For SF and thereafter we need to get protections right and we should be fine. Talent is there. Might take a bit for Limmer to settle with the boys, but McVay is a top play caller. Get that going and hopefully this defense will start hitting. We saw a bit of that vs Detroit so it has not been all bad.
We just need to go back to the blueberries! ~ @thirteen28

View: https://i.imgur.com/96TU0PF.gif

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler

I think this scenario is definitely in play. To me, Les Snead has to answer a very simple question. Will this team have the pieces to make a deep playoff run in 2025? If the answer to that question is yes, you 1000% keep Stafford.

But if Kupp is cooked, and the defense is terrible, and the best case scenario in 2025 is 9-8, you turn the last half of this year into a tank and next season into a full rebuild. So not only would Stafford net some quality draft capital, but the rebuild process would lead to top 10 picks itself, likely in back to back seasons. You draft a rookie QB in the top of the draft which takes the sting out of the Stafford dead cap hit.

The team Id keep an eye on is the Raiders. They are a QB away from being a dangerous playoff team. They are in the AFC. They might be desperate for someone like Stafford. I bet Snead could get a crazy haul for him too.

Last edited:

LOURam85

Rookie
Stafford might play 5 more years so there's that. Thinking the Rams get another QB when they feel it's time. That might be 2025 or maybe 2026. The good thing is, today, it's not a problem or a concern.
Why did the rams make such a big deal about staff guaranteed money… depending on this year and health I could see this being kupp last year with rams and maybe Stafford to

LOURam85

Rookie

I think depending how this year play out staff and kupp could be gone

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Why did the rams make such a big deal about staff guaranteed money… depending on this year and health I could see this being kupp last year with rams and maybe Stafford to
Yep. If Snead thought Stafford would still be playing in 2027, he’d have extended him already.

Stafford is still a really good QB. Snead just has to honestly assess whether we can put the pieces around him. I’d say it’s 50-50 whether Kupp is cooked, and Puka (who came into the league with injury concerns) is going to miss half this season. And to me, if the roster doesn’t change much, this is a borderline playoff team. The line should be better and healthier. But we got an old secondary, we are thin at linebacker, thin at WR, we have an unproven DC. If the ceiling is “borderline playoff team”, Snead just might wanna rip the bad aid off and go full rebuild.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
With the first pick in the 2025 draft the Rams select????????
Arch Manning of course. I had no idea that he had such speed to go along with an arm. This dude looks like the real deal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Arch Manning of course. I had no idea that he had such speed to go along with an arm. This dude looks like the real deal.

Manning's a true sophomore. Not eligible for the 2025 Draft.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Manning's a true sophomore. Not eligible for the 2025 Draft.
Dang, you're correct. For some reason I thought he enrolled in '22. Ewers doesn't excite me too much currently.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Let's see what the offense looks like once the OL gets their shit together. No QB looks good without protections.

Losing Nacua hurt. It exposes the fact that without our top two threats our wideout corps is pedestrian as fuck. But then that is probably true for every team.

It is interesting that this offseason McVay tried to sign Evans, and tried to trade up for Bowers. These things insinuate he saw the need to expand the weapons. Which would have had us positioned far better right now on offense.

But they gotta unfuck this OL. Without that nothing is gonna look good.