GAME DAY Rams vs Chargers Aug. 17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can not imagine Beaux Limmer not making the 53-man roster.

The contracts signed by both free agent guards (Jackson and Dotson) allow for the Rams to move-on from either player after 2025. Even more so in Dotson's case, where the Dead-$ is minimal.
I think us peasants would rise up with pitchforks and flames if Limmer didn't make the 53. Especially if the Niners took him.....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, Yes ... But

There is much hope for sure but the next sack by Verse, Jackson or Hampton will be their first NFL sack. Hoecht is a nice depth-player but the type of starter most teams would look to up-grade from.

We're talking Potential; and there seems to significant reason for hope but it's still to be proven.
Jared Verse is better & BIGGER than B. Young !! Plus The Tams gave him for 5 years.Seeing him at training camp proves a WHOLE LIT !! History will be what he does as a NFL Player.

Mathias & Alexander ??? B. Jackson)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Jared Verse is better & BIGGER than B. Young !! Plus The Tams gave him for 5 years. Seeing him at training camp proves a WHOLE LIT !! History will be what he does as a NFL Player.

Mathias & Alexander ??? B. Jackson)

Rams ... Not 'Tams'
have him ... Not 'gave him'
LOT ... Not 'Lit'
Mathis ... Not 'Mathias'

And there is no player named 'Alexander' on the Rams' Defense ... first or last name.

By-the-way, I enjoy your posts very much.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams ... Not 'Tams'
have him ... Not 'gave him'
LOT ... Not 'Lit'
Mathis ... Not 'Mathias'

And there is no player named 'Alexander' on the Rams' Defense ... first or last name.

By-the-way, I enjoy your posts very much.
Thanks -

Hampton is a guy I wonder about ?

Mathis is IMO not going to make the team. Both those players got playing time.To be honest I didn’t watch the 2nd half of the Chargers game,but from my view point Brenna Jackson is a player who has done well in Camp.His upside from reports & the little I’ve seen(heard)
is he will make The Rams roster(IR?) some how.Funny how that works each season(around the NFL).

The Rams roster has so much depth there will be some big surprises.

Yeast is on the bubble along with Tomlinson.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Thanks -

Hampton is a guy I wonder about ?

Mathis is IMO not going to make the team. Both those players got playing time. To be honest I didn’t watch the 2nd half of the Chargers game,but from my view point Brenna Jackson is a player who has done well in Camp. His upside from reports & the little I’ve seen(heard)
is he will make The Rams roster(IR?) some how. Funny how that works each season(around the NFL).

The Rams roster has so much depth there will be some big surprises.

Yeast is on the bubble along with Tomlinson.
Mostly agree.

There is short-term-IR, so if a young back-up is not fully healthy, he can go on IR, not count against the final 53-man roster but still return to play during the season.

Think Brennan Jackson absolutely makes the 53, unless he is not quite healthy. Jackson has not suited-up in the first two pre-season games. Think Hampton makes it, if the Rams keep 5 Edge (hope so).

Agree that Yeast may be on the Bubble ... hope so, because I like Curl, Kinchens, Lake and Johnson ahead of him; and think Jaylen McCollough has shown very well and would like him to be the 5th safety over Yeast.

Will be surprised if Tomlinson makes the final-53, and shocked if Mathis makes it.

After White, Williams, Durant and Jacobs, I am hoping the 5th CB (assuming five) is Josh Wallace; and hoping Charles Woods makes it and sticks on the Practice Squad.

Hoping (not expecting) for Hummel and Speights over Reeder at off-ball-LB.

Don't know that they carry 10 OL on the final-53 but hope they do because I believe the loser of Thomas and Bruss will get picked-up by another team. Think Leveston, who has been injured could stick on the PS (hop so).

Not a fan of Murchison, would prefer Cory Durden but could see Durden sticking on the PS.

Should the Rams carry an extra OL, then they may need to go short at another position; and DL might be it, with Turner, Brown, Fiske, Davis and Johnson.

Every year, at this point, I go through my personal roster analysis, and I am always Way-Off!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agree that Yeast may be on the Bubble ... hope so, because I like Curl, Kinchens, Lake and Johnson ahead of him; and think Jaylen McCollough has shown very well and would like him to be the 5th safety over Yeast.

Will be surprised if Tomlinson makes the final-53, and shocked if Mathis makes it.

Don't know that they carry 10 OL on the final-53 but hope they do because I believe the loser of Thomas and Bruss will get picked-up by another team. Think Leveston, who has been injured could stick on the PS (hop so).
Backing up STAR might save Yeast here.

Tomlinson, nice swing at the ball but eeeeek. Just a penalty machine waiting to happen. Buh-bye.

Not sure about Thomas or Bruss, neither is a recent draft pick which a team would rather have as a pick up and Bruss hasn't shown anything to any team other than two good games in preseason running offensive plays that the entire league has begun to move away from (outside zone) and no position flex. Thomas is whatever so I find it unlikely he'll be picked up.

Keep Thomas (he can play either guard spot I believe) and cut Bruss and put him on the practice squad.

I think maybe some of us are also overestimating how many people actually get picked up from cuts these days, think it was more 20 years ago when teams were way worse at building out the bottom of their rosters.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Tomlinson, nice swing at the ball but eeeeek. Just a penalty machine waiting to happen. Buh-bye.

Not sure about Thomas or Bruss, neither is a recent draft pick which a team would rather have as a pick up and Bruss hasn't shown anything to any team other than two good games in preseason running offensive plays that the entire league has begun to move away from (outside zone) and no position flex. Thomas is whatever so I find it unlikely he'll be picked up.

Keep Thomas (he can play either guard spot I believe) and cut Bruss and put him on the practice squad.

I think maybe some of us are also overestimating how many people actually get picked up from cuts these days, think it was more 20 years ago when teams were way worse at building out the bottom of their rosters.
Hope you are right but there is such a dearth of competent NFL offensive linemen ... and I have nightmares about Jamil Demby, Jeremiah Kolone, Chandler Brewer and Bobby Evans.

dang

Legend
Hope you are right but there is such a dearth of competent NFL offensive linemen ... and I have nightmares about Jamil Demby, Jeremiah Kolone, Chandler Brewer and Bobby Evans.
Hallelujah. I’m so glad we have 2-3 quality OC options this year. Tired of having below average personnel there.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not a fan. Many miscalls imo and over the top Charger partisan.
I would give him a D.

BC
Agree that he's not any good but Dan is 73, and that may be a factor because I always thought he was a solid analyst on regular season games in the 1990s and early-2000s. There's a time to just step-away.

That being said, the next quality local broadcasting team that covers pre-season football, will be the FIRST quality broadcasting team I have watched and heard. The lack of objectivity, consideration of the opponent and football analysis is startling to me. Furthermore, the lack of practical experience (common among most local broadcast teams because they mostly only do pre-season games) is obvious.

Tano

Legend
Quack! Quack! quack quack quack
Yell Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

WestCoastRam

Legend
That's fair, it might be a misread on my part, I also think there's been some good lineman depth (except tackle) in last few drafts and because so many lineman aren't being asked to block the way they would in the NFL in college, I suspect there's more emphasis on keeping guys who've been onboarded into a teams blocking scheme who've been working on what the team wants them to work on.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

I don’t know, I’m hoping the light bulb has finally gone on for Bruss. He’s looked pretty good all through camp and seems to have formed a strong bond with Limmer. I’m think if they try to move him to the practice squad he gets snatched up.