Puka Injury Update (not serious)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Random twitter doctor diagnosis lines up with his training camp timeline. 4-8 weeks likely on lower side. With our depth at WR I'd almost say keep him out through bye and get him to 100% if possible.

View: https://x.com/FBInjuryDoc/status/1832975265007288536

Aka this guy is guessing and throwing random weeks out there for the type of injury it "may" be. As painful as it is, I'll wait to hear from the Rams about this.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I think we can survive without Puka. It’s the offensive line that I’m more concerned about. Hope the Rams give him time to heal up 100%.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
As long as everything is intact and joint is stable he should be good. I dont know if the knee is something you want to numb before a game. Draining it and maybe a cortisone shot if he hasnt already had one is probably all that can be done. Not worried about the team at WR, let him rest it a week or 2 and see where he is.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It would be nice to have him Shitter week. But rest him up if necessary.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He won't play against Arizona I'm sure.

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
I’m going with mostly conditioning. How many games did Donald miss despite playing like a Tasmanian Devil every fuckin’ down.
I get that you're probably making a more general comment, but I don't see how Puka slamming his knee into the ground is conditioning-related. Ditto for Avila & Boom getting joint injuries just a few mins into the game. Maybe some judo training to learn how to fall. would help. Seriously. I really think that helped me avoid injuries throughout my life, not just when playing sports.

No doubt AD worked his butt off to build on his natural genetics, but it was a clearly an innate gift to start with. Eric Dickerson has spoken on the importance of his natural injury resistance to sustained performance as well. Weirdly, I think Goff is one of those guys, too. That scrawny mofo has been hit like a child molester in the prison shower, including a few times yesterday, & just pops back up.

Glad to hear Nacua's injury isn't definitely season-ending but "week-to-week" in McVay-speak could mean anything short of an official IR designation, right ? I'm guessing it's gonna be Little Whit for a bit.

dang

Legend
I get that you're probably making a more general comment, but I don't see how Puka slamming his knee into the ground is conditioning-related. Ditto for Avila & Boom getting joint injuries just a few mins into the game. Maybe some judo training to learn how to fall. would help. Seriously. I really think that helped me avoid injuries throughout my life, not just when playing sports.

No doubt AD worked his butt off to build on his natural genetics, but it was a clearly an innate gift to start with. Eric Dickerson has spoken on the importance of his natural injury resistance to sustained performance as well. Weirdly, I think Goff is one of those guys, too. That scrawny mofo has been hit like a child molester in the prison shower, including a few times yesterday, & just pops back up.

Glad to hear Nacua's injury isn't definitely season-ending but "week-to-week" in McVay-speak could mean anything short of an official IR designation, right ? I'm guessing it's gonna be Little Whit for a bit.
My comment was 6 weeks ago. A general comment not specific to any one player.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The injury seems odd. I’ve walked on turf fields. I can’t imagine sliding and banging my knee would cause more than a slight bruise. It’s rubber pellets.

Maybe Nacua’s knee wasn’t fully healed from camp.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I think we can survive without Puka. It’s the offensive line that I’m more concerned about. Hope the Rams give him time to heal up 100%.
I was worried at first, but knowing we have depth and seeing the other guys make some plays it was the least of my concerns last night (thinking he maybe won't be out for many games). My first was whichever backup that Detroit #97 was lining up on. That dude really looked like he wanted to take Stafford out of the game...again.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Random twitter doctor diagnosis lines up with his training camp timeline. 4-8 weeks likely on lower side. With our depth at WR I'd almost say keep him out through bye and get him to 100% if possible.

View: https://x.com/FBInjuryDoc/status/1832975265007288536

This post was...

Frustrated Tribe GIF by Survivor CBS

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm guessing the Rams put him on the 4 week IR to make sure its healed fully and call up X.Smith.

It is a bit concerning that we already had him sit for about 4 weeks since initial injury and it still pops up.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He needs to play next week.