PREGAME On to the Crudinals....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Tampa is trash.

Damn, why does this game have to be the last one of the week. Hate when that happens.
I’m talking about last year. Adding Gronk, Brown, Fournette.. after they had added Suh.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The good news for mg mental health is that my expectations are at rock bottom for this one.

The winning formula is pretty basic though: win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. And don't turn the ball over.

The Cardinals defense is better than I thought it would be, but we should be able to score if we don't turn the ball over.

Being underdogs for once is nice too.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Hope the Rams

CONTAIN

Murray.

Rams have been so good about rushing with contain vs. Wilson. Dunno why Rams lost contain so frequently in the first matchup vs. Murray.

Here's hoping that ankle flares up for Murray... Good Lord he's a speedy SOB!

TexasRam

Legend
The Cards defense is where they really have improved. But fire up the heavy set and run Sony down their throat. Set up and take some safe shots while unleashing a Kupp of Woop-ass Coop.

The midget can be shut down if you play him right. You play this weak zone - no contain BS, and he will be laughing all day long. So, lets make him sad and not glad. mmmmkay?

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay needs to control the ball better and control the tempo.
Stick to the pass/run play ratio you used with the Jags.
Do everything you can to slow down the up-tempo Cardinals game.
Hoping Sean’s willingness to run the ball isn’t a one off. He needs to continue to protect his QB

Tano

Legend
Hoping Sean’s willingness to run the ball isn’t a one off. He needs to continue to protect his QB
Give Stafford some time to warm up properly and then unleash Kraken Jr

Note - Donald will always be the KRAKEN

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Cards defense is where they really have improved. But fire up the heavy set and run Sony down their throat. Set up and take some safe shots while unleashing a Kupp of Woop-ass Coop.

The midget can be shut down if you play him right. You play this weak zone - no contain BS, and he will be laughing all day long. So, lets make him sad and not glad. mmmmkay?
Weird that the biggest problems the Rams seemed to have on D that day were in man coverage with Long getting absolutely targeted and torched.

But, hey.. maybe that's just bad memory on my part.

I also remember, when it was still a game and a key third down.. the Rams isolated Ramsey on Hopkins.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A goal for the Rams is to grab the lead.

7-0, 10-0... Something like that.

Then it feels we can play to our strengths.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Cards are the best team in the NFL at the moment but I always like our chances in a divisional game. Let’s not spot them 14 pts through turnovers and I think we will play well. I’m sure the Cards are keen to extend their lead in the division so I’d be surprised if they don’t throw some different coverages and fronts at Stafford this week. I’m also hoping that this is the game where Von Miller shows us that he still has something left in the tank.

Tano

Legend
Weird that the biggest problems the Rams seemed to have on D that day were in man coverage with Long getting absolutely targeted and torched.

But, hey.. maybe that's just bad memory on my part.

I also remember, when it was still a game and a key third down.. the Rams isolated Ramsey on Hopkins.
Yeah Long lost his starting spot after that game

But I remember that we had a couple 3rd and 16 against Murray and we just let him run free

We can't do that.

Phillips and Staley were the best at containing running QBs imho

Oh there would be a time or two each game that a QB got away but for the most part - we stifled these types of QBs

Morris let Murray run free all game long - very rarely did we contain him in the pocket

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m also hoping that this is the game where Von Miller shows us that he still has something left in the tank.

You could be onto something here and Beckham the same.

These guys might be all-stars but playing fast in a scheme takes familiarity and team work. That doesn't happen overnight.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah Long lost his starting spot after that game

But I remember that we had a couple 3rd and 16 against Murray and we just let him run free

We can't do that.

Phillips and Staley were the best at containing running QBs imho

Oh there would be a time or two each game that a QB got away but for the most part - we stifled these types of QBs

Morris let Murray run free all game long - very rarely did we contain him in the pocket
My goodness… Murray was hurt when the Rams played the Cards last year.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One concern I have for this game is the Henderson factor. In that McVay might try to split carries with him and Michel instead of just feeding the power back. Coach simply can't help himself IMO. He loves him some speedy backs but in this particular game where the gameplan should be to MASH (which they should have done vs Green Bay btw) the right tool for the job is Michel. Not Hendy.

I know McVay has a ton of respect for his RB Coach too, and that might also work in favor of Henderson getting carries. But again at this moment in time and given the way this team has played on offense with Michel in there at RB it is critical that they feed him. So if they split carries in the first half with Hendy it's going to dilute the effect they can get from the bigger and more physical back.

I'm sure many will disagree and start listing stats to show how good Hendy is. Knock yourself out. The right back for this game is Michel however and I genuinely hope that for this game McVay can get past his small/speed back fascination and do the right thing for his team to pick up a big divisional win behind a power run game.

Tano

Legend
My goodness… Murray was hurt when the Rams played the Cards last year.
That was just Murray - what about other running QBs - we seem to do an extremely good job of containing them in prior years