OFFICIAL OL injuries and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So what's our OL looking like now?

LT - Jackson
LG -Mclendon
OC - Limmer
RG - Dotson
RT - Havenstein

That doesn't look too bad if I didn't forget an injury.

I am guessing Logan Bruss at LG over McClendon, although Bruss played almost exclusively at RG in the pre-season.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I am guessing Logan Bruss at LG over McClendon, although Bruss played almost exclusively at RG in the pre-season.
But still, 4 out of 5 of those guys are starter caliber players right? Hardly as decimated as it feels.

Memphis Ram

Legend
So what's our OL looking like now?

LT - Jackson
LG -Mclendon
OC - Limmer
RG - Dotson
RT - Havenstein

That doesn't look too bad if I didn't forget an injury.
McVay said that Logan Bruss is the next man up, so insert him at LG.

That said KT Leveston can come off IR after the 4th game and he might be a good fit at LG though he played LT in college, IMO.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But still, 4 out of 5 of those guys are starter caliber players right? Hardly as decimated as it feels.
Agreed but there are plenty of concerns..
Two of them (Limmer and Bruss or McClendon at LG) are totally inexperienced.
Havenstein and Alaric Jackson were both injured through much of Camp and the pre-season, so there are questions about their health and overall game-readiness/sharpness.
Continuity on the O-Line is a big concern ... it's really important when it comes to games, stunts and blitzes.

And then there's just the concern about more injuries.

Reason for hope? ... Sure ... But optimism that All Is Well? ... Don't know about that.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do agree that Kupp probably over trains and that could have affected Nacua as a result. I mean he said he's puking on his lawn. Nacua should avoid training with Kupp. I mean he was almost a little pudgy in his rookie season and very durable. Go back to rice and mac salad, it was working.
Nacua's game is similar to Kupp's. They are both top end physical possession wideouts, whose game is extra yac and contact. Guys like that are gonna get dinged up.

That was quick. I guess due to all the other bullshit we're having to add due to injuries and Alaric coming back today officially.

View: https://x.com/RamsNFL/status/1836136709945508053

"We don't have six months for you to sweat out a year of cheeseburgers"
~ Rams

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All 3 on the interior are depth players. Now maybe one or two can develop into starters. But chances of them being great as a unit vs SF seems unlikely.

Hoping for a miracle but...

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The continuity on the OL cannot be overstated. I believe in the 2021 season resulting in a super bowl 56 victory, Rams had their starting O line playing together for the entire season.

How many different O line combinations have we already seen in 2 weeks to start this season? I can't keep track already.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The continuity on the OL cannot be overstated. I believe in the 2021 season resulting in a super bowl 56 victory, Rams had their starting O line playing together for the entire season.

How many different O line combinations have we already seen in 2 weeks to start this season? I can't keep track already.
And that OL had a clear transition during the season. Queue up that first SF game and you'll see the Shitters working our line with stunts, particularly off our right side between Hav & Corbs. But by late in the season, in that game we almost beat them, the stunts were mostly picked up. And that continued in the playoffs thankfully.

This is why I think McVay's preseason approach directly affects the line readiness more than many other positions. Because it seems like in a good season we start slow (hit & miss outings), then we sort of hit a lull where adjustments get made midseason, then they make a run in December and beyond. It was similar in both our Super Bowl seasons iirc. And there was a lot at play, different rosters with different issues, but the line felt similar.

I was hoping this OL would be the one that started game one ready to dominate. So much for that. But then how much was due to Jackson being a dumbfuck. And now of course it's a MASH unit.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
And that OL had a clear transition during the season. Queue up that first SF game and you'll see the Shitters working our line with stunts, particularly off our right side between Hav & Corbs. But by late in the season, in that game we almost beat them, the stunts were mostly picked up. And that continued in the playoffs thankfully.

This is why I think McVay's preseason approach directly affects the line readiness more than many other positions. Because it seems like in a good season we start slow (hit & miss outings), then we sort of hit a lull where adjustments get made midseason, then they make a run in December and beyond. It was similar in both our Super Bowl seasons iirc. And there was a lot at play, different rosters with different issues, but the line felt similar.

And yet McVay has a 6-2 record in season openers.

And it's how you finish, not how you start in the NFL. Of course you can't start 0-5 if you want to be a contender.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet McVay has a 6-2 record in season openers.

And it's how you finish, not how you start in the NFL. Of course you can't start 0-5 if you want to be a contender.
I'm not talking about openers. We all know his record is good there. But there is always, as I said, a hit & miss element with our OL in the first half of the season. Up and down.

At some point I would hope McVay gets an actual OL that hits the season in form and doesn't look back. And if that ever happens that will be his #1 seed season. Though at this point it feels like that sort of thing isn't possible and maybe due to his approach.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'm not talking about openers. We all know his record is good there. But there is always, as I said, a hit & miss element with our OL in the first half of the season. Up and down.

At some point I would hope McVay gets an actual OL that hits the season in form and doesn't look back. And if that ever happens that will be his #1 seed season. Though at this point it feels like that sort of thing isn't possible and maybe due to his approach.

IMO, the Rams just haven't invested enough in OL recently. Of course we had big Whit who was the rock at LT. The Rams started 10-0 in McVay's 2nd season but since Whitworth retired, our O line has been shaky.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, the Rams just haven't invested enough in OL recently. Of course we had big Whit who was the rock at LT. The Rams started 10-0 in McVay's 2nd season but since Whitworth retired, our O line has been shaky.

Confused Gary Coleman GIF