VENT Official Vent Thread - Will be taken down in 24 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Tre White appears washed. Seems like we need to get Witherspoon in there. Our CBs are really weak. Our LBs are really weak. D is kind of a mess right now and they don't have injury excuses..
He shut down St Brown last week, I wouldn't say he's washed, but I would say putting him on an Island coming back from a major injury might not be the best choice. I think he still has it, give him time to recover and get right.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
McVay has been doing that (not playing starters in pre-season) since 2018.

The Rams' record in September for the past 6 years in 16-5; and that includes the awful 2022 season.

Some people you just can’t teach
~Sgt. Bilko

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Best thing I ever did. Twice and I'm 66. You will walk right out of there pain free.
Turned 73 at the end of July..I'm not peace, but I'm also not going to find aq dee3p drop to the ocesn on the coast anad drivbe my car over it...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I wonder if Allen Sales actually watched the entire TN/Jets game, with an eye on Jones when NY had the ball.

I did. Lifetime Rams' fan from Queens NY, with tons of Jets' fans among my friends and family. Far Too Many!

Since I absolutely hated the Jones' trade, I wanted to watch him play yesterday. Jones played well ... not great. The above 3rd-and-1-stuff was his best play of the day but he showed quickness to the ball and tackled well.

Jones played on all three downs; and, while not special in pass defense, he was far more effective in coverage than Reeder or Rozeboom have ever been ... got to the receiver/ball-carrier, and then made the tackle. As with the Rams, he was not good at getting-off blockers, and sometimes appeared to take the wrong gap.

In my opinion, Jones looked exactly like the player that led the Rams in tackles last year.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He shut down St Brown last week, I wouldn't say he's washed, but I would say putting him on an Island coming back from a major injury might not be the best choice. I think he still has it, give him time to recover and get right.

That and there was little to no good footage on MHJ in the pros

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The only positive I took from this game is Verse. He is consistently beating his blocker. He looks like a keeper and perhaps the only impact player on defense. Sure, Murray escaped his sacks twice, but there are not a lot of Murray's in this league. I see Verse as DROY when the dust settles. The rest of the entire team however..... yuck. It is infuriating that we are so susceptible to injuries. I saw Mixons ankle damn near turn backwards and, guess what, he was back out there playing a short while later. If he was a Ram? He would have needed emergency surgery on the field and medically retired.
He is a positive and has been the first two games. But I feel the need to mention again that he, like the rest of these dudes up front, did a shit job on contain overall. Controlled rush was not the plan. Or it was the plan and was disregarded by the front. Either way the Rams have a lot of shit to sort because Purdy is a bigger leg threat than most realize. He is a very shrewd runner.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think we will get blown out like that again.

Without Kupp we have no shot against the Niners, and may lose by 17 or so....but that game...

I mean its weird to say this but it was so bad, it tells you that it wasn't talent or scheme or anything like that....every single element was so bad, it was just one of those games. That plus the Cardinals not losing to us there in ten years or whatever.

I guess what I am trying to say is, it was so bad that I can't see it as an omen for the season yet....we played a more talented team better the week before. The injuries, the let down after Detroit and a second consecutive road game.

That view obviously does not jive with what others will think, so I will be avoiding media and probably forums this week

Lets win 2 of the next 3, then come out of the bye swinging and go on a roll

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
If our Defense doesn't get some, "Dawg!" in them on Sunday it will be another blowout. I can't blame Shula yet, but the biggest difference between the Shula Ram D and the Morris Ram D is heart and attitude.

Psycho_X

Legend
Was that 1st TD to Harrison really in bounds?

Has anyone seen a definitive replay?
Not in my opinion, he hadn't secured it before touching out of bounds but we never got a good angle to be sure and since it was ruled a touchdown it's how it stood. Here is a replay of it. Imo, he didn't secure it until the snapshot I posted below and was after one of his feet was no longer touching. He was kind of juggling it above his head before bringing it in to body to secure. But oh well, it didn't really matter since they just did whatever they wanted all day anyway.
1726511598414.png

View: https://x.com/MusikFan4Life/status/1835492081592058049

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Tards put the entire Rams team on a milk carton yesterday. Offense, Defense, ST.... and the coaches as well. As deflating a loss as I can remember in my 45 years of being a fan of this team. It will continue to be brutal until we get key starters back, I'm afraid. Too many injuries at key positions...

Psycho_X

Legend
Not in my opinion, he hadn't secured it before touching out of bounds but we never got a good angle to be sure and since it was ruled a touchdown it's how it stood. Here is a replay of it. Imo, he didn't secure it until the snapshot I posted below and was after one of his feet was no longer touching. He was kind of juggling it above his head before bringing it in to body to secure. But oh well, it didn't really matter since they just did whatever they wanted all day anyway.
View attachment 67613

View: https://x.com/MusikFan4Life/status/1835492081592058049

Actually this was the best angle. Here is when he got two feet down and actually secured the football and his left toe is touching white paint. /shrug
1726511755456.png

Psycho_X

Legend
Actually this was the best angle. Here is when he got two feet down and actually secured the football and his left toe is touching white paint. /shrug
View attachment 67614
I'm going to do my best So Ram impression and continue my own conversation in multiple posts... anyway, this was actually decent coverage by White. He goes up and swats the ball causing it the be juggled by Harrison until he lands out of bounds. Imo, a terrible review by officials where it was almost instant... took like no time for them to confirm it.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
This running up the gut with impunity is horrible. If you can not stop that, the NFL will eat you alive.
Not impressed with Shula. I seen several Rams defenders lollygagging-jogging. (Hoecht ?) Did Shula not tell his young players not to run at the midget in a bee line. You must contain him.
We are going to have to deal with Harrison Jr for a decade. He is a beast. We have no freak Wrs like him and certainly no inside linebackers who are big, fast and can tackle. Big, slow white dudes.
Put the new kid in there.
And see if Whittington can be this years Puka. I like what I see, he can play.
Its a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.