Noteboom

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Nobody would have traded for him. IIRC He was due 15 mill for 2024 before he restructured
Not true, salary dumps can happen with a pick involved. All it takes is one team. Never day never comes to mind. I get it not being easy. By the way, I will add that I was also against initially resigning him as well, but that's going back a bit more :laugh1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So rewatching the game. Paying close attention to when Avila got injured. It was on Stafford's INT. Acuri was dumbfounded by a spin move (the first of many times) and let hutch by. Then reached out and grabbed him around the waist with both arms and fell over on to the back of Avila's legs. So having Boom's injury prone ass on the team basically cost us 2 injuries not just one. Not to mention a touchdown later in the game.

This reminds me of a software engineer who couldn't code himself out of a paper bag. We kept telling the project manager how bad he was but he wouldn't fire him. A year later he got laid off. 1 1/2 years after that we were still finding bugs in our product on the code he did. Big damage to the rep of the company and untold financial loss because they hung on to someone they new was a liability.

My Product manager just didn't want to go thru the hassle of firing and then replacing him. The Rams gambled and have paid a huge price.
Another reason to get rid of his ass. I'm sorry but he hasn't done shit in forever except disappoint. We can and should make that a priority in the next draft or free agency period.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't stand the thought of depending on Joe Noteboom again but Mcvay spoke highly of him and that's good enough for me.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Well not me the guy is made out of glass, McVay was doing some coach speak there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
"But you forgave me!" ~ Ritchie Incognito

My response to Richie (note the utter lack of blue font):

Olivia Benson GIF by Law & Order

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well not me the guy is made out of glass, McVay was doing some coach speak there.
Yeah McVay talks up everyone. Even as he's kicking dudes to the curb because they aren't good enough.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This has to be Boom's last year with the Rams. Let's step back and take a look:

He was drafted in 2019 to be the heir apparent to Whitworth. He's in his 6th year with the Rams, he's still a backup, and he is unable to sustain anything remotely resembling significant playing time without injury. This is simply a failed draft pick, and it's time to drop the sunk cost fallacy and move on from him after the season, irrespective of any cap implications.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not true, salary dumps can happen with a pick involved. All it takes is one team. Never day never comes to mind. I get it not being easy. By the way, I will add that I was also against initially resigning him as well, but that's going back a bit more :laugh1:
He took a big pay cut to avoid being cut. I suppose the Rams could have packaged him with a 3rd round pick for a 2026 7th rounder, but I doubt it

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He took a big pay cut to avoid being cut. I suppose the Rams could have packaged him with a 3rd round pick for a 2026 7th rounder, but I doubt it
Yeah, unfortunately that boat has long sailed. I just hope we move on from him once his contract is up. He's just too damm injury prone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, unfortunately that boat has long sailed. I just hope we move on from him once his contract is up. He's just too damm injury prone.
Agreed
I was shocked they extended him a couple years ago, then when I figured he was on the cut line, they restructured him. With him on the books for 20 mill this year and a 10 mill hit next, I figured there was NO way he'd make it to March. And here we are.....
UFA after the season with a 10 mill dead cap hit in '25. I'd love to be rid of him at that point but he finds a way to keep coming back, just so he can disappear

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now the dude is on IR, according to Jake. I've also heard that Puka and Avila may not be ready after 4 weeks of IR.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Now the dude is on IR, according to Jake. I've also heard that Puka and Avila may not be ready after 4 weeks of IR.
Well we're gonna find out what some of these young guys are made of. That's the only way through this. The season isn't over we just have to hang in there until we get some people back. Sucks yes but it is what it is

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
... Then getting pushed around and falling on your teammate and putting both into IR, is more than I can take

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think McVay needs a season of pain and misery from LT to force the need into his head. Because look at Edge and the last draft... The Rams tried to move up for a TE. Now granted I like Bowers and his game very much. I know McVay would have made him insanely good in this offense. But we so badly needed that Edge so we lucked out that he couldn't get up there to take Bowers.

Next year's draft will be the same shit most likely. He'll want a WR or something. And maybe he can continue to run an offense with smoke and mirrors at LT, but to me it just feels like QB abuse. So I certainly hope LT is prioritized. We're gonna need to move up into top 15 range to get one most likely.

They can`t address everything all at once. And we should have had an average starter at LT, with a quality backup, going into the season. It just hasn`t played out like that.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I don't know for certain but when he finally went out limping his ankle was already taped up. So I think he did it on a previous play and tried to play on it and it flared up even worse on him. Still frustrating though.
I remember watching the replay and saying his ankle was ALREADY taped.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll disagree with anyone who says he hasn't put good game tape out there. They either don't want to admit it or they didn't watch when he covered for Whit OTW to the Super Bowl.

That said enough is enough guy can't stay healthy he's of no use to the team. I've said since the last draft was over LT is our biggest need going into the next offseason and this and AJax's suspension just reinforce that.