New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’d say slow your horses ! You’re all over the Map first off !

2nd the schedule makers didn’t do The Rams any favors & there weren’t going to be many teams that would’ve beat The Arz. Cards Sunday..

There’s a lot of adjustments to be made.I like Troy Reeders view of what happened.As for now I’ll trust him,but I’ve already seen tickets on sale & think The NINER FANS lol to Kevin Demoff !!! He let The Cockroaches IN to SOFI ! They call it Levi South ?? We’ll see,but Merlin predicted it would be ALL RED !!

I predicted to a friend The Rams could be 0-3 when I go see them play in the Windy City.
If you want to put up a Reeder fathead on your wall next to Noteboom and Brown for your fapping "exercises" who am I to deny you all that happiness. Have fun.

I'm gonna rely on bong tokes and liquor while I hate talk the Shitters for three hours and watch OS lose his mind in the GDT.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Personnel rates
pr.jpg

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Here y'all go! I went a little more in depth on the DL grades. Let me know if there's anything y'all would like me to look up. As a disclaimer, I don't pretend that PFF is the end-all-be-all for statistics and grades. I do think they help give a general idea how a player and team is performing compared to the others.

Pff overall grades through week 2

CB Cobie Durant #34
Charles Woods #67 (6 snaps)
Russ Yeast #97
Quentin Lake #111
Josh Wallace #127
Tre White #135

S JJ3 #3
Jaylen McCollough #13 (1 snap)
Kamren Curl #89

LB E. Jones #18
Troy Reeder #77
Rozeboom #99

Edge Jared Verse #19
Michael Hoecht #68
Nick Hampton #81 (1 snap)
Byron Young #113

DL Neville Gallimore #10 [#6 vs Run](20 snaps)
Desjaun Johnson #14 [#21 vs Run](21 snaps)
Kobie Turner #87 [#55 @ Pass Rush]
Brandon Fiske #96 [#48 vs Run]
BB3 #98

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DL Neville Gallimore #10 [#6 vs Run](20 snaps)
Desjaun Johnson #14 [#21 vs Run](21 snaps)
Kobie Turner #87 [#55 @ Pass Rush]
Brandon Fiske #96 [#48 vs Run]
BB3 #98
Fiske being 48 vs the run is surprising. Would have said he'd be much lower just off eyeballs. But I concede I don't watch film, just the gameday snaps, so I am quite prone to mistakes.

Might be a good week to strap on some fucking pads and practice blocking, hitting, and shedding.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If you want to put up a Reeder fathead on your wall next to Noteboom and Brown for your fapping "exercises" who am I to deny you all that happiness. Have fun.

I'm gonna rely on bong tokes and liquor while I hate talk the Shitters for three hours and watch OS lose his mind in the GDT.

Far enough!! I can’t even watch The Games live - Still need to get my room set up & take down my Clay Matthews Fat(sercumsiz)Head down first.It’s stuck up on wall to Hard !!
—wish I could just take a couple tokes & shots to numb the Pain!!

—Troy Reeder got exposed on that long play across the middle against Detroit,but then again it was a good play call.

Watch out for Tutu Atwell ? He could surprise some Ram Fans. That’s the hope.There will always be someone to step up.

You said it best about Noteboom though say vs. McClendon. Alaric Jackson was a Player I Wanted The Rams to Extend as there LT of the Future the next 3- 4 years ?

Noteboom was a backup,because of his contract & he has been a solid backup LT over the years as a RAM

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't recall a McVay team ever falling into a trap-game, letdown-game, look-ahead game, sandwich game type of mentality, but it's hard to ignore. I mean the Cards were scheduled between a tough, hyped opening day game against the Lions and an always tough game against the 9ers. Weren't they saying the Rams were 8-2 against the Cards before last Sunday? We have one of the youngest teams in the league. It doesn't take much for a young team to lose its edge. Who knows?
Absolutely this was a big factor early on. I also believe it factored into the game plan. Thinking they could get by with the same scheme without protecting the LT. Actually, I can't understand how they thought moving the back up rookie RT to LT was going to not need help no matter who they were playing or when. The refs in the Detroit game let him get away with so much holding and even swinging his leg out to trip a guy that got past him. He totally sucked. So disappointed in McVay's game plan.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I knew my eyes were not deceiving me. It sure seemed like whether or not it was a run or pass play the first guy who had a decent shot at a tackle missed. They just dive at the feet and miss. Or try to tackle high and whiff. They don't wrap up the waist or thigh areas. Which means more yards for the opposing offense. In baseball the strike zone is from the knees to the letters. That is where the tackle zone should be in my opinion. Above the knees and below the letters. Our problem is too many JAGS and not enough blue chip talent.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
didn't rams hire a few coaches to help McVay this season? whatever the reasons, it looking like it didn't work. I dunno, sometimes all the plays just look the same and uncreative. It would seem in the best interest for Kupp to have not been the focal point until later in the season when he would come out of his secondary position and really make a difference in games, healthy and somewhat fresh. instead, we used him too much. that's what I mean by not being uncreative and innovative. we will see what's up against the 9ers.. go rams.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how much of an impact Eric Henderson would have had on this D-line. He was smart to leave knowing AD was retiring.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wonder how much of an impact Eric Henderson would have had on this D-line. He was smart to leave knowing AD was retiring.
IMO, if Henderson was going to be the choice for DC, he would have stayed, however, moving to USC and being Assistant Defensive Coordinator with a chance to work under D'Anton Lynn was too good to pass up. Plus I expect Lynn to have a chance to be a Head Coach in 2025 and he either take Henderson with him as his DC or Henderson will be the next DC at USC.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Shula cant tackle for them.
Three Changes I would make on defense for Sunday.

1. Start Tyler Davis over Bobby Brown, sends a message to Brown and see what they have in Davis.

2. Bench Reeder for Omar Speights and I do not care if Reeder wears the green dot, Reeder is limited and everyone knows it.

3. Get Witherspoon in at CB because it appears they are asking Tre'Davious White to do too much.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Three Changes I would make on defense for Sunday.

1. Start Tyler Davis over Bobby Brown, sends a message to Brown and see what they have in Davis.

2. Bench Reeder for Omar Speights and I do not care if Reeder wears the green dot, Reeder is limited and everyone knows it.

3. Get Witherspoon in at CB because it appears they are asking Tre'Davious White to do too much.
My changes are a bit different.

1. Elevate Durden from the practice squad and start him over Brown.

2. Bench Rozeboom for Speights. Reeder gets all the heat, but Rozeboom has been far worse.

3. Add Witherspoon to the roster and move White to the nickel in those nickel packages (if Durant is healthy enough to go).

4. Sit Neal and let Brennan Jackson gets some reps on defense.

Offensively?

Go with more 12 personnel (especially in the redzone) and feature Parkinson more in the passing game.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Offensively?

Go with more 12 personnel (especially in the redzone) and feature Parkinson more in the passing game.
I like the defensive plan, but I still would like to see less of Reeder. We have been begging for more 12 personnel, well, now is the time, especially against the Niners. Run the ball and then you do the play action bootleg to Parkinson as you suggested.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been kicking this around too. This past offseason the one coach hire that I did not like was the DL hire. Looking at his history, I did not like the production at each of his stops. Felt like an underwhelming addition. Then the camp reports started rolling in about how good our DL was performing and I figured ok cool he's gonna make a statement this season with this young group.

That still might happen. I'm not down on this front or anything and I expect them to get on a nice roll as we go. But the Cards game really shook my confidence. Just the complete disregard of something so obvious as rush discipline vs Murray, to me, is unforgiveable. But that said it falls mainly on DC for me. Because if he was beating that drum all week prior there is no way we would have seen that shit we saw. With Murray it's not about sacks or pressures, it is about containment.

So we'll see what they do vs SF. Whose QB will also brutalize us just in smaller chunks if the rush isn't coordinated.