Marvel Phase 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
not MCU

but............

First look at David Corenswet as Superman

superman-david-corenswet-1715015329811.jpg

Yeah, not a fan of the costume so far... they couldn't get it to not bunch up like he's wearing extra padding underneath? I think I'm more excited about all of the other super heroes appearing in this movie than Superman himself. I'm a staunch Henry Cavill fan all though I am not a Zach Snyder fan so have a hard time rewatching most of those movies. This guy I'm sure will be fine though but more excited about seeing Nathan Fillion as Guy Gardners Green Lantern and Milly Alcock as Supergirl.

Psycho_X

Legend
Ooo, Vision series actually got greenlit with Terry Matalas heading the show. I loved 12 Monkeys tv series and last season of Picard that he was in charge of. I've got high hopes.

Marvel Resurrects Vision (Again) for Disney+ Series

Marvel is looking to a new Vision for its next TV offering.

The Vision character played by Paul Bettany will be at the center of the studio’s first new series order in some time. The untitled show is currently on track for a 2026 premiere on Disney+, with Star Trek: Picard’s Terry Matalas installed as showrunner. A writers room for the series opened this week.

Bettany will reprise his role as Vision, which spans three Marvel films and the WandaVision series (plus voice work on the three Iron Man movies as Jarvis, Tony Stark’s artificial intelligence creation). At the end of WandaVision, Vision’s physical body was brought back to life (with an all-white appearance), with no memories of his previous incarnation; his memories are restored by the spectral Vision Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) had conjured to manage her grief as she put a hex on the town of Westview, New Jersey.

The Vision series will be the second show to follow from WandaVision; the first, Agatha All Along, starring Kathryn Hahn as Wanda’s Westview neighbor and fellow witch, Agatha Harkness, is set to premiere in September.

Matalas is coming off season three of Star Trek: Picard at Paramount+. He also created and executive produced Syfy’s 12 Monkeys series, based on the 1995 Terry Gilliam film, and was a writer and EP on CBS’ MacGyver reboot, among other credits. He is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.

In addition to Agatha All Along, Marvel’s upcoming TV series at Disney+ include Daredevil: Born Again and Ironheart, both of which are due next year, along with animated offerings Eyes of Wakanda and Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Marvel also has Noir, a live-action series starring Nicolas Cage that’s part of the Sony Spider-verse, set up at Amazon’s Prime Video.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
the Marvel panel just ended at ComicCom

pretty uneventful , no trailers , no big announcements

well , except one

the next Avengers movie is no longer called Avengers : Kang Dynasty

the next Avengers movie will now be called Avengers : Doomsday

and , this is real , officially announced tonight at ComicCon , Robert Downey Jr will be playing Doctor Doom

yep , thats right

avengers-1722132454025.png

Robert-Downey-Jr-as-Dr-Doom.jpeg

now , I'm not sure if they actually called him Victor Von Doom , or just Doctor Doom

with the whole Marvel Multiverse crap going on , I'm not sure how to take this

we'll see..............

jynaRKL2o6eLzHqA335LLlMO5GbM6YuVOFBHVauKgZs.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
oh yea , forgot , the Russo Brothers are back to direct the Avengers movies

453237363_7459216070849649_6810595008042672261_n.jpg

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
the Marvel panel just ended at ComicCom

pretty uneventful , no trailers , no big announcements

well , except one

the next Avengers movie is no longer called Avengers : Kang Dynasty

the next Avengers movie will now be called Avengers : Doomsday

and , this is real , officially announced tonight at ComicCon , Robert Downey Jr will be playing Doctor Doom

yep , thats right

avengers-1722132454025.png

Robert-Downey-Jr-as-Dr-Doom.jpeg

now , I'm not sure if they actually called him Victor Von Doom , or just Doctor Doom

with the whole Marvel Multiverse crap going on , I'm not sure how to take this

we'll see..............

jynaRKL2o6eLzHqA335LLlMO5GbM6YuVOFBHVauKgZs.jpg
Talking Kelsey Grammer GIF by Paramount+

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm actually pretty bummed about the Robert Downey Jr casting

looks like we won't be getting a proper Victor Von Doom

but a alternate universe variant version of Tony Stark as Doctor Doom

at least , thats my initial thinking , why else would you cast Robert Downey Jr

my guess also , is , that he'll be coming from the same universe as the new Fantastic Four come from , which is described as a futuristic 1960's , their universe will also have a female Silver Surfer , Shalla-Bal played by Julia Garner

rumor is , she'll only be a one shot character

it's also said that the Fantastic Four will have a large part in both the upcoming Avengers movie , but I'm sure that was to be expected

they showed the Fantastic Four car last night at ComicCon , and the fact that their universe is described a futuristic 1960's , first thing that popped into my head , the Fantastic Four meets the Jetsons

MAB_9463.jpg

Fantastic Four gets an offical title

Fantastic-Four-First-Steps-movie-1.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/in7wsDaBCoU

meet the new Fantastic Four

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyinD6ZDqeg

Psycho_X

Legend
Well, Deadpool & Wolverine was as fun a watch as we all knew it'd be. Cameos were all on point. Wasn't anything that really surprised me though.

Not too excited about the RDJ reveal. Was hoping for an actual Victor Von Doom and not ANOTHER variant. I'm hoping the Tony Stark/Doom variant is just going to be a tease or only part of something bigger where there is an actual Victor Von Doom played by another actor (my personal preference is Jon Hamm). The variant schtick was cool at first and I've enjoyed it but it's time to move this train forward I think.

Overall, Marvel has been off the rails with seemingly little direction since Endgame. They keep hinting at directions only to have it not mean anything or fall flat before it takes off. I know Jonathan Majors being an asshole is partly to blame for that but there was no reason they couldn't just recast him. One of the easier characters to recast frankly.

Now there's still chatter that Wolverine won't be recast anytime soon. Which is fine I love Hugh but how does that fit into other things they've been talking about. For instance, at the F4 panel I guess it was revealed that Tiamut will be the origin of adamantium in the MCU. Soooo, they are going to have an origin for Wolverine at the current place of this timeline but it's going to be a 55 year old Hugh Jackman? I love Hugh to death but he's got like maybe 5 years left at playing Wolverine realistically without them spending a ton of money on de-aging him. Feige says Mutants are a big part of the future but there's been no set up in the MCU that won't make it weird for them to just suddenly exist.

Idk, just ranting I know but it's frustrating the direction they've gone since Endgame.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Robert Downey Jr as Doom

I've had some time now to think about it

I already have several theories , and the film is still two years away , so my theories will change several times as we get closer

so I'm calling this one , Theory 1

OK...........

Avengers 5 was originally called Avengers : Kang Dynasty

and then Jonathan Majors went and got himself into a little bit of trouble

I don't think Marvel has ever "officially" announced what was going on with Jonathan Majors , we've probably heard the rumors , but Marvel themselves have be really quiet

just like this weekend at Comic Con , they never mentioned Kang , they just simply unveiled the new title for Avengers 5 , with no explanation , unless I missed it

and then the big Robert Downey Jr reveal

so my guess is , they still want to use the Kang Dynasty script , or at least as much as they can , so they replace Kang with Doom , and now , instead of getting a bunch of Kang variants , we are going to get a bunch of Doom variants

so one of the questions is , what happens with Kang , do the simple pretend he never happened , or do they recast him , and he just has a smaller roll , if there was ever a character that would be easy to recast , it would be Kang

or maybe Doom and Kang are working together , they have a long history together in the comics

how ever this works out , I don't think Robert Downey Jr will end up being the real Doctor Doom , and this is just a way to bring Tony Stark back from the dead

51lN1Q3WMEL.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
cool video about the stuff they showed at Comic Con , but didn't show the rest of us

I'm really liking the idea they come from a alternate universe set in a futuristic 1960's

the fact that The Fantastic Four was Marvels first comic ever , and it came on in the early 1960's , I think is pretty cool

from the stuff I've seen so far , I'm pretty excited for this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1nq5poiq4Y&t=686s