Jrry32 Senior Bowl Mocktravaganza

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the rams would be a much better team on Sundays if they were able to draft the top cb and top safety in the draft and use the 2nd round picks to fill the hole at OG plus add depth at OT.

We just have different priorities op, here are mine below:

OG
CB
S

Adding depth at:

OT
DT
WR
LB

I disagree. I think our OL and offense as a whole needs a lot more work than the secondary. I think the Rams need 1 CB to start as the nickel CB, 1 CB/S for depth and a starting FS. But I don't think they need elite players. I think Trumaine is a good CB and I believe Janoris will come around. We just need a solid FS and our defense will be just fine with how talented our front 7 is. Could use some depth at LB and DT as well...and a new SLB if Dunbar is not retained.

Offensively, we need a lot of work on the OL and could probably use a WR...although it's not an overwhelming need. As well as a backup QB and a #2 HB.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As much as the OP is in love with Donald, lets be real here, Rams are not drafting a 3rd down DT in the first round when the rams have huge holes on the OL and secondary. Pipe dream op, pipe dream.
I swear you said twice yesterday you were dropping it because it is his draft???

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A picture is worth a 1000 words:
69yxi.gif

That's 343 pounds being put on its behind. During one-on-one pass-blocking drills Monday, Richardson who many say is the best OG in this draft.......gave up what might be described as a reverse “pancake.” Trying to keep up with the 285-pound Donald, Richardson lost his balance and got knocked on his back.

"Situational type DT"? Yea, if the situation is the Rams are on defense.
As far as Louis Nix is concerned, he's not even close to Donald in terms of quickness.
Technically, Donald checked in at 6'1" 288. :wink: And while he might not get drafted in the first round(I honestly don't care), I believe he'll deserve to. Donald being drafted at Pick #37 in the 2nd does us no good if we have Pick #45. I don't like playing with fire, if I think you're going to be a stud, I'll take you where I know I can get you.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9356/aaron-donald

Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald received the 2014 Senior Bowl's most dominant practice player award.

Incredibly disruptive from the interior despite a 6-foot-1, 288-pound frame and 31 3/4-inch arms, Donald earned the 2013 Bednarik, Lombardi, Nagurski, and Outland Trophies in addition to ACC Defensive POY. "He's short in stature by NFL standards and doesn't maybe have all the measurables," said Senior Bowl North Squad coach Mike Smith, "but he's one of the more explosive guys we have." It's worth noting Bengals All-Pro DT Geno Atkins measured 6-foot-1, 293 coming out of Georgia. That precedent can't hurt Donald's chances of warranting a top-15 selection in May's draft. Jan 24 - 3:36 PM

That's 343 pounds being put on its behind. During one-on-one pass-blocking drills Monday, Richardson who many say is the best OG in this draft.......gave up what might be described as a reverse “pancake.” Trying to keep up with the 285-pound Donald, Richardson lost his balance and got knocked on his back.

Last edited by a moderator:

laramsoriginal

Starter
Getting beat happens all the time in practice. I'm glad you guys forgot to also post the comment on Richardson coming back and pancaking Donald.

Like the great philosopher Allen Iverson once said "practice, we talking about practice? C'mon man, practice?"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Getting beat happens all the time in practice. I'm glad you guys forgot to also post the comment on Richardson coming back and pancaking Donald.

Like the great philosopher Allen Iverson once said "practice, we talking about practice? C'mon man, practice?"

Why don't you post it for us? Because I honestly don't remember reading it.

Don't want to talk practice? Ok, lets talk games. 28.5 Tackles For Loss and 11 sacks. That's what Donald did in games this year. We could talk about awards based on the games? Donald won the Rotary Lombardi Award(best lineman or linebacker), the Outland Trophy(best interior lineman), the Bednarik Award(best defensive player) and the Nagurski Trophy(also for the best defensive player)...basically...every major award he could win.

So lets see, he dominates Senior Bowl practices against the top competition, he dominated the games this year and he even dominated the post-season awards.

I think Donald wins this round. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: