Favorite Summer Time Memory When Young

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I actually made note of this day in my life and told myself to never forget this instant. I was round 8 or 9, my birthday is in June. I got a brand new bike. It was metal flake green. I lived on a quiet street in the San Fernando Valley and it was full of kids my age. It was the first day of summer vacation. A bunch of us jumped on our bikes and went to the school playground where they had games and stuff set up for us.
We rode up and I can remember laying my bike down on the lawn like my friends did. The weather was perfect I was with my friends and so I told myself to never forget this moment. And I never have.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Playing wiffle ball in the street in front of my best friends house.

Their house sat at a higher elevation than the street and a little cement wall out front holding garden space. When we were kids that wall was about knee to mid thighs tall. We would take one of the bricks from her garden, stand it on edge on the little wall…..making a perfect strike zone. Hit the step stone, called strike.

The mean old lady across the street had an 8 foot wooden privacy fence surrounding her her entire lot and over the years, ivy and clinging vines made it look exactly like Wrigley yo 8 year old boys…….but she hated us and refused us access to get our homers……then she got a dog she would let go out in the yard when we were playing in case we got frisky about hopping the fence……

my buddy was the same age as me and his big brother was 2 years older. So it was the two of us against him. We played by rules that you used the players from your team. He was always the Cards….righty Bob Gibson was his guy. We were always the Reds cuz they had murders row of right handed bats…..Bench, Perez, Conception, Foster…..cuz if the guy hit lefty…..so did we.

i can close my eyes and picture it like it was yesterday not over 55 years ago

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
When were kids , and go on long trips with my parents , we didn't need portable DVD players or cell phones

between the 6 of us , we had one of these

hours of fun

waterful.jpeg

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
When were kids , and go on long trips with my parents , we didn't need portable DVD players or cell phones
That and these sorts of things!!
Not sure where they went the rest of the year - but they only came out in the summer! :laugh2:

1721509085149.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

between the 6 of us , we had one of these

hours of fun

View attachment 66238
Wow...I have never seen one of these, which astounds me. I was a game fanatic and always would disappear from my Mom when she was shopping at Kmart and I'd be in the toy aisle.

Tano

Legend
I remember riding my bike everywhere.

And also going up to my Junior High School and playing basketball or baseball with friends.

I only lived a block away. Had to jump the fence of course during the summer.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They made a whole bunch of different ones , we had a other ones as well

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLywG2xxznk

I watched the commercial and I've never heard of these games. None of my childhood friends ever offered to play a game like this. It could be that I was too old to find it in the late 70's because I was in High School in 1978 and in that time frame I played a lot of physical games. I wanted to try out for my school's tennis team and so I was doing that for my first couple of years there My final two years in High School I was attempting to get a black belt in tae kwon do. I liked arcade games at the mall and played this game at home.... But no water games like you mentioned.

View: https://i.imgur.com/Ufe7nYy.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I watched the commercial and I've never heard of these games. None of my childhood friends ever offered to play a game like this. It could be that I was too old to find it in the late 70's because I was in High School in 1978 and in that time frame I played a lot of physical games. I wanted to try out for my school's tennis team and so I was doing that for my first couple of years there My final two years in High School I was attempting to get a black belt in tae kwon do. I liked arcade games at the mall and played this game at home.... But no water games like you mentioned.

we had one as well , many an hour was spent with that game

but when it came to longs trips in the car , according to my parents , this was the greatest invention in the history of mankind...............lol

walkman.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Hell. My doctor and dentist offices had some of those little water games for kids to play with.

They also always had a couple of these.
1721582242539.jpeg

And of course these:
1721582331271.jpeg

And yeah...that's the kind of pictures I was able to draw with them. :evil:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell. My doctor and dentist offices had some of those little water games for kids to play with.

They also always had a couple of these. View attachment 66265
And of course these:
View attachment 66266
And yeah...that's the kind of pictures I was able to draw with them. :evil:
The Viewmaster and Etch-A-Sketch I knew well. But that Etch-A-Sketch picture is somewhat elementary....:sunglasses:

RamsFan4Life

Starter

Before the wife and I got married, we lived in a complex with 4 units….1 bedroom and across the sidewalk, another 4 units facing us. The couple in the end unit was our age and the dude and I became friends and played the football game while the girls hung out. Lots of beers, spliffs, whateve….lol the old lady to the store solo flaming on shrooms….lol….abandoned a cart full of crap after breaking out in hysterical laughter at the tabloids by the check out.

The game played a little five tone tune when you turned it on. When they would come over, he would go, doodle Lee doo too do, and my wife would start laughing and go open the door…..played for HOURS

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had that "football" game... though I think it was the Coleco version...
Seriously, that was the cheesiest game ever - somewhat addicting - but crap, as well!!! :laugh4:

View attachment 66269
I loved it. I played against friends and it was fun to kick ass!

Tano

Legend
I loved it. I played against friends and it was fun to kick ass!
I could get a TD on almost every play.

There was one play that nobody could do anything with though.

So I would get 2 yards and a cloud of dust on that one play but every other play I got a TD every time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could get a TD on almost every play.

There was one play that nobody could do anything with though.

So I would get 2 yards and a cloud of dust on that one play but every other play I got a TD every time.
It sounds like you need an ass kicking! *flexes*