Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Apparently there are facemask shortages happening all over.

Here is a simple replacement idea that is actually more effective than the masks...

Screenshot_20200311-170344_Gallery.jpg

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1061 cases in the US. 31 deaths. Currently we're looking at a 2.9% lethality rate.

I'm guessing that will continue to decrease as we establish the numbers of who is sick.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Point is we were staring at a 4.9% some time ago, the numbers continue to go down as the disease spreads. Not trying to downplay this either btw. I'm concerned. But I still feel like the media is stirring this frenzy.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
1061 cases in the US. 31 deaths. Currently we're looking at a 2.9% lethality rate.

I'm guessing that will continue to decrease as we establish the numbers of who is sick.
Questions also are how many have it, don't know it, survive it, and are never tested for it?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Questions also are how many have it, don't know it, survive it, and are never tested for it?

As of yesterday morning only 6,563 Americans have been tested, ... that's pretty appalling.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm concerned about this pandemic because my immune system is shot. I've had sepsis in the past, have a catheter, and I've had numerous UTIs. So, yeah, I'm pretty concerned.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As of yesterday morning only 6,563 Americans have been tested, ... that's pretty appalling.

that's because your health system sucks. they want people to take all these other tests before getting their free coronavirus test and it will cost them a fortune. so they just don't get tested.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Welp, the mass hysteria has led me to "prep". Got some additional food than I normally do, and I'm secure for the next month at least.

We'll see what happens. Still not worried.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Point is we were staring at a 4.9% some time ago, the numbers continue to go down as the disease spreads. Not trying to downplay this either btw. I'm concerned. But I still feel like the media is stirring this frenzy.
As I pointed out earlier this is also just reported cases. How many people had it thought it was just the flu and got over it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
(The company I work for) has a piece of machinery coming from part of Italy border area. We were told a couple of weeks ago the machine was delayed as the plant was down, yada yada.

Today we were informed the factory reopened and they gave us a March delivery date.

Not sure what that means. I will correct this post if I learn otherwise. But that was what we got today.

Sounds positive to me.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
No offense to you or the article, but duh.

A new disease where humans have had no prior exposure, and no built up immunity, vaccines. Let the T-cells develop! .

The flu has been around for years and is a common disease that's been studied extensively. This started in a foreign country in a shit environment from people eating sick shit.

Perhaps you've missed some of the comments suggesting its no more dangerous than the flu and how we all just need to relax.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
(The company I work for) has a piece of machinery coming from part of Italy border area. We were told a couple of weeks ago the machine was delayed as the plant was down, yada yada.

Today we were informed the factory reopened and they gave us a March delivery date.

Not sure what that means. I will correct this post if I learn otherwise. But that was what we got today.

Sounds positive to me.

Wash that machine in bleach and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.