Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sure. Restricting travel from an infected area may help.

But

Listening to this Doctor would have helped a hell of a lot more. There is no excuse for this.

That pre-existing red tape just shows the perils of big government. Thankfully, it's been removed.

Still, we in the US are in a much better place than most other countries with respect to this virus.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
That pre-existing red tape just shows the perils of big government. Thankfully, it's been removed.

Still, we in the US are in a much better place than most other countries with respect to this virus.

There is always red tape.

Doesn’t change the facts

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what in the actual fuck?

don't local supermarkets have any supplies?

Nope because in an attempt to prepare people are going overboard. Every grocery store is 3 to 4 times their normal sales volume. A damned home depot sold 2000 cases of water in 4 days. Yes its serious yes we need to prepare but some are just being stupid.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
government has been serverely lacking

I am not going THERE, but my job outside of ROD has been preparing a large company to deal with this. I can say first hand, with a ton of experience at what I do, there has been nothing I’ve done in my life to prepare for this.

Nothing. It is unprecedented.

And the data from other countries is crap, so there is that too.

Anyway. I can only speak for me personally on this. That’s all. And, I don’t want to evoke a response on the government.

I was only adding a perspective that I could speak to.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Nope because in an attempt to prepare people are going overboard. Every grocery store is 3 to 4 times their normal sales volume. A damned home depot sold 2000 cases of water in 4 days. Yes its serious yes we need to prepare but some are just being stupid.

Stores really need to limit this hoarding crap.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't get your country.

Here in Australia everything is available. Just not toilet paper and hand sanitiser, although you can get those sporadically.

Naturally if you want to be the first in the store you have to line up like those bozos but if you walk in 10 minutes after opening time you can stroll in and get whatever you want.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stores really need to limit this hoarding crap.

I blame them the most. Instead of being proactive after seeing what happened overseas they let the shelves empty for a week before placing limits on purchases. And instead of limiting it to one per customer they started with a limit of 4, like that would do anything. That's when the fights started breaking out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get your country.

Here in Australia everything is available. Just not toilet paper and hand sanitiser, although you can get those sporadically.

Naturally if you want to be the first in the store you have to line up like those bozos but if you walk in 10 minutes after opening time you can stroll in and get whatever you want.

The problem is for the most part they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They put early limits on them and people raise a shit storm. They don't and people raise a shit storm because they're out of stock. Unfortunately the media here is stoking the fire to try to blow this out of proportion and politicians of every party and every level aren't helping any.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes its serious yes we need to prepare but some are just being stupid.
Paranoid, ill-informed and yes...i believe a small chunk of them are bored. I see some who come in and walk fresh produce with that "Do i need a bunch of this...or that, or those?" If you're thinking that hard you're bored.

6AM this morning and a line of about 200 ppl were waiting to get in to hoard more TP, wipes, water etc. However, the good news is that after that first rush the all day/night mob has thinned out since last Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Supplies are still thin all around the store though. I'd expect the early hoarding crowd to continue but overall business to slow a tad.

I feel for the elderly(the people at high risk) who aren't equipped to hoard. I'd feel better if i knew that these hoarders were hoarding for an elderly neighbor. A few of them are i'm sure, maybe.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Paranoid, ill-informed and yes...i believe a small chunk of them are bored. I see some who come in and walk fresh produce with that "Do i need a bunch of this...or that, or those?" If you're thinking that hard you're bored.

6AM this morning and a line of about 200 ppl were waiting to get in to hoard more TP, wipes, water etc. However, the good news is that after that first rush the all day/night mob has thinned out since last Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Supplies are still thin all around the store though. I'd expect the early hoarding crowd to continue but overall business to slow a tad.

I feel for the elderly(the people at high risk) who aren't equipped to hoard. I'd feel better if i knew that these hoarders were hoarding for an elderly neighbor. A few of them are i'm sure, maybe.
I ran grocery stores for about 15 years before moving to my current job. I had one idiot near me shopping Saturday morning and he grabbed some kale and looked at his wife and asked "what is this do we need it?" I just snorted and walked away had to separate myself from the stupid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah... Stuff that makes absolutely no sense to hoard is totally gone. Milk? It's just silly on that front. Frustratingly silly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I ran grocery stores for about 15 years before moving to my current job. I had one idiot near me shopping Saturday morning and he grabbed some kale and looked at his wife and asked "what is this do we need it?" I just snorted and walked away had to separate myself from the stupid.
EXACTLY what i'm talking about. You know.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I am not going THERE, but my job outside of ROD has been preparing a large company to deal with this. I can say first hand, with a ton of experience at what I do, there has been nothing I’ve done in my life to prepare for this.

Nothing. It is unprecedented.

And the data from other countries is crap, so there is that too.

Anyway. I can only speak for me personally on this. That’s all. And, I don’t want to evoke a response on the government.

I was only adding a perspective that I could speak to.

Oh it’s not easy, but things like acting as if the virus was a hoax, like taking precautions is just silly and not needed. That is dangerous and it’s coming from people within our government.

There was always going to be a response, but focusing on things like helping out airlines? I mean the fuck is that going to do for people? Fuck the airlines, they’ve been price gouging for years now, they can eat into their profits for a bit, if the rest of us have to eat into savings.

But I’m skirting too close to politics for my liking, so I’m just gonna say everyone should be safe, stay the fuck home if you can, and wash your nasty asses.

The amount of older people I need to yell to get the fuck off of our closed and basically quarantined campus is too damn high. It isn’t the time to “just check it out” it’s the time to catch up on your Netflix backlog.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oh it’s not easy, but things like acting as if the virus was a hoax, like taking precautions is just silly and not needed. That is dangerous and it’s coming from people within our government.

There was always going to be a response, but focusing on things like helping out airlines? I mean the fuck is that going to do for people? Fuck the airlines, they’ve been price gouging for years now, they can eat into their profits for a bit, if the rest of us have to eat into savings.

But I’m skirting too close to politics for my liking, so I’m just gonna say everyone should be safe, stay the fuck home if you can, and wash your nasty asses.

The amount of older people I need to yell to get the fuck off of our closed and basically quarantined campus is too damn high. It isn’t the time to “just check it out” it’s the time to catch up on your Netflix backlog.

Thanks for the read and response.

Did you ever see this thread? I was thinking of you when I posted it as you normally hit these type threads.

I still love pics like these. Like the one when the probe decended onto Titan. Those images... blow my mind.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thanks for the read and response.

Did you ever see this thread? I was thinking of you when I posted it as you normally hit these type threads.

I still love pics like these. Like the one when the probe decended onto Titan. Those images... blow my mind.

I hadn’t, I’ll check it out! I have seen the photo, but a science and space thread is happier for me! Haha

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

ktfo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.