Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Here too many people were getting tested......anytime anyone got the sniffles basically.
So now, you have to be symptomatic.
It’s all a farce.

It's because there are too many people that have it - its nearly impossible to test everyone that should be tested.

At the university here there was a 900 person waiting list and the hosipital is full.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's because there are too many people that have it - its nearly impossible to test everyone that should be tested.

At the university here there was a 900 person waiting list and the hosipital is full.
It’s because testing is not effective.
It’s basically meaningless.
Still waiting to hear from the health department here after my positive test.

fearsomefour

Legend

And here there has been a lot more cases.
The total number hospitalized is 76 people county wide. In the same range for months.
Results may vary, as they say.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
but are we at least able to recognize that the bulk of the anti mask, open up, Covid isn’t that serious kind of movements were right wing?
The bulk? Sure. Not me though, for what it's worth to ya. For myself, i looked at the numbers behind the numbers and exhaled once i realized that Covid wasn't going to look like this...
iu

or this....
iu

or this...
iu

Early on as that uneasy semi-panic set in and the media began to fuel up....i was concerned. I mean a pandemic...shit. You think about yourself and family and friends etc. Then as the daily case numbers and death numbers began to come in i'm like wait a minute, who is dying and who are getting hospitalized? Is this virus a free-for-all everybody panic thing or is there a target model for this "killer?"

Yes it's quite clear what this is and it's not even scratched the surface of being a pandemic that stands out as an Earth shaker, so to speak. Obesity, smoking, cancer, HIV, diabetes....they all kill millions a year, including children.

I am more concerned over getting strep throat because i am highly susceptible to it and have always had the nasty version of it, fucking me up good. I take precautions for it whenever i feel anything remotely resembling pain or that scratchy tingle with my tonsils. Start gargling with warm salt water, ginger etc. I'm HIGH RISK so i do me.

If you're over 65 with underlying health conditions you do you. I'm a registered Democrat, for 32 years. This has been overblown and used as political leverage from the beginning. There i said it.

Ellard80

Legend
The bulk? Sure. Not me though, for what it's worth to ya. For myself, i looked at the numbers behind the numbers and exhaled once i realized that Covid wasn't going to look like this...
iu

or this....
iu

or this...
iu

Early on as that uneasy semi-panic set in and the media began to fuel up....i was concerned. I mean a pandemic...shit. You think about yourself and family and friends etc. Then as the daily case numbers and death numbers began to come in i'm like wait a minute, who is dying and who are getting hospitalized? Is this virus a free-for-all everybody panic thing or is there a target model for this "killer?"

Yes it's quite clear what this is and it's not even scratched the surface of being a pandemic that stands out as an Earth shaker, so to speak. Obesity, smoking, cancer, HIV, diabetes....they all kill millions a year, including children.

I am more concerned over getting strep throat because i am highly susceptible to it and have always had the nasty version of it, fucking me up good. I take precautions for it whenever i feel anything remotely resembling pain or that scratchy tingle with my tonsils. Start gargling with warm salt water, ginger etc. I'm HIGH RISK so i do me.

If you're over 65 with underlying health conditions you do you. I'm a registered Democrat, for 32 years. This has been overblown and used as political leverage from the beginning. There i said it.

Who used it as political leveraging first though?

I seem to remember it diffrently - sure now they use it as ammo against trump.

But i seem to remember it starting off as some kind of you taking my liberites, my guns... its my damn right not to wear a mask...

When things got worse and worse - yeah trump became a target. But the immediate politically leveraging was not from the dems.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who used it as political leveraging first though?

I seem to remember it diffrently - sure now they use it as ammo against trump.

But i seem to remember it starting off as some kind of you taking my liberites, my guns... its my damn right not to wear a mask...

When things got worse and worse - yeah trump became a target. But the immediate politically leveraging was not from the dems.
Trump institutes a travel ban from China as soon as the virus was discovered after China and the WHO tried to hide it and the political games started right away. Sorry you're not going to win that argument.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But the immediate politically leveraging was not from the dems.
Kinda was, dude. Not so much leveraging in as much as it was outright denial.

February 02, 2020-
NY Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot says, "Join the parades! Don't listen to the misinformation from the POTUS." - https://www.amny.com/editorial/city-leaders-seek-to-allay-fears-of-coronavirus-in-chinatown/

February 02, 2020-
Chair of the NY Health Council Mark Levine suggests a huge crowd is powerful defiance against 'scare tactics' of the POTUS" - [link]

February 24, 2020-
Nancy Pelosi goes into Chinatown and tells people to join the crowd. - https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...-nancy-pelosi-tours-san-franciscos-chinatown/

March 02, 2020-
Bill Deblasio urges New Yorkers to "Get out on the town despite coronavirus", and recommends some movies to see at the cinema. - [link]

March 10, 2020-
Fauci: "LOL! Stupid mask wearers."

April 03, 2020-
Schiff and Pelosi announce an investigation into Trump's handling of the coronavirus o_O https://wbsm.com/here-come-pelosi-and-shifty-schiff-again-opinion/

fearsomefour

Legend
yes that is true for sure... the reliablity of testing still isnt great.
It’s just not reliability.
It is time to get a result and the window that symptoms can show up.
Getting a negative test today is basically worthless tomorrow because symptoms or the virus showing up can be delayed by up to 14 days.
Where I am they won’t test my wife because she doesn’t have symptoms.
Makes sense really.
What’s the point?

fearsomefour

Legend
Kinda was, dude. Not so much leveraging in as much as it was outright denial.

February 02, 2020-
NY Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot says, "Join the parades! Don't listen to the misinformation from the POTUS." - https://www.amny.com/editorial/city-leaders-seek-to-allay-fears-of-coronavirus-in-chinatown/

February 02, 2020-
Chair of the NY Health Council Mark Levine suggests a huge crowd is powerful defiance against 'scare tactics' of the POTUS" - [link]

February 24, 2020-
Nancy Pelosi goes into Chinatown and tells people to join the crowd. - https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...-nancy-pelosi-tours-san-franciscos-chinatown/

March 02, 2020-
Bill Deblasio urges New Yorkers to "Get out on the town despite coronavirus", and recommends some movies to see at the cinema. - [link]

March 10, 2020-
Fauci: "LOL! Stupid mask wearers."

April 03, 2020-
Schiff and Pelosi announce an investigation into Trump's handling of the coronavirus o_O https://wbsm.com/here-come-pelosi-and-shifty-schiff-again-opinion/
I know a guy who got a negative test with a paper print out.
On the back is said the CDC does not recommend healthy people where masks or face coverings.
Fauci waffles on this endlessly and is a fraud. Dr Fraudci.
They all should have been honest and just admitted they don’t “know” shit.
But you know, there are whole segments of society that love to be afraid and fear mongering always sells.
How did we as a society deal with yellow fever, measles, polio, rubella and a whole host of more dangerous diseases than this before vaccines?
Quarantined the sick and the healthy went about their business and were as careful as they could be.
No mass shutdowns.
No school closings.
What has changed?
A lot.
Part of what has changed is society at every level is run by POS lawyers.
We have become amazingly soft.
We’ve had decades without (thankfully) having to deal with large spread infectious disease threats (not counting the seasonal flu).
Decades of zombie and virus movies and shows have primed the paranoia pump.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A lot of openly political talk going on including from myself. It's great that we're being semi-cool to each other but lets make an effort to steer away from it please.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A lot of openly political talk going on including from myself. It's great that we're being semi-cool to each other but lets make an effort to steer away from it please.
If only we had an Al Gore Rhythm to detect these kinds of Bush league posts.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It’s because testing is not effective.
It’s basically meaningless.
Still waiting to hear from the health department here after my positive test.
By the time you get the results you are already recovered. Covid is the biggest deal the media ever made over a minor illness. They have people afraid to seek medical for real ailments because they are afraid they will catch covid. I have never had a cold that passed as quickly as I recovered from covid.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I know a guy who got a negative test with a paper print out.
On the back is said the CDC does not recommend healthy people where masks or face coverings.
Fauci waffles on this endlessly and is a fraud. Dr Fraudci.
They all should have been honest and just admitted they don’t “know” shit.
But you know, there are whole segments of society that love to be afraid and fear mongering always sells.
How did we as a society deal with yellow fever, measles, polio, rubella and a whole host of more dangerous diseases than this before vaccines?
Quarantined the sick and the healthy went about their business and were as careful as they could be.
No mass shutdowns.
No school closings.
What has changed?
A lot.
Part of what has changed is society at every level is run by POS lawyers.
We have become amazingly soft.
We’ve had decades without (thankfully) having to deal with large spread infectious disease threats (not counting the seasonal flu).
Decades of zombie and virus movies and shows have primed the paranoia pump.
That was back in the day when common sense was common. Now idiocy is much more common than any sense at all. Many people arent even capable of thinking for themselves today, they rely on the media to tell them what to believe. The news no longer reports the facts while letting the viewer make up their own mind as to how the facts effect their lives.

Ellard80

Legend

I'm just going to steer away from this thread.

As the Kids say "Its pure AIDS"

enjoy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Bottom line, this thing was not going to be stopped. And yes, politicians used it to their advantage. Its what they do. Whoever was in the White House was going to be blamed. Simple as that.

Everywhere I go I see masks. Rarely do I see anyone in a place of business without a mask. Yet, the cases are skyrocketing. You can slow it down but you can't stop it. Even with a vaccine. Its here to stay like all the others.

fearsomefour

Legend
By the time you get the results you are already recovered. Covid is the biggest deal the media ever made over a minor illness. They have people afraid to seek medical for real ailments because they are afraid they will catch covid. I have never had a cold that passed as quickly as I recovered from covid.
Things can vary a lot person to person.
Today is the first day I feel back to normal. A lot of lingering stuff for coming up on two weeks.
So folks have told me they feel lingering exhaustion for months.
Results may vary.

fearsomefour

Legend
That was back in the day when common sense was common. Now idiocy is much more common than any sense at all. Many people arent even capable of thinking for themselves today, they rely on the media to tell them what to believe. The news no longer reports the facts while letting the viewer make up their own mind as to how the facts effect their lives.
I think the media is doing what it has always done.
It’s just been exposed.
On its way to irrelevancy.
People have always done what they do as well.
The main difference I see is the justice warriors wanting to score imaginary moral points and boost their sense of superiority by sticking their beaks in other’s business.
But hey.....whatcha gonna do but live your own life.

Status
Not open for further replies.