Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Well, I can't go much further without getting political. As for this:

" So someone may look at people who scream about mask wearing and not federal officers snatching people off the streets in unmarked vans as giant hypocrites, not someone who would be willing to skirt authority."

This is the MSM narrative. You forgot to add the other part that makes it seem even more sinister, however false, federal forces not in uniform. DHS officials say they picked up those who matched descriptions (video, etc) of those attacking police and inciting riots in the "peaceful protests." Most were held for questioning for no longer than 90 minutes and released, unless questioning led to arrest. The DHS and US Marshals did not have name tags but had visible badge numbers and were in uniforrm. They did this because scumbags had doxed them and their families, in other protests. Unmarked vehicles are standard in every police department in the nation. Grabbing those who may be responsible for crimes away from the heat of rioters is smart police work.

Message to ANTIFA & other Marxists: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Forcing people to wear masks when doctors have changed their positions over the last few months as to their effectiveness, makes citizens doubt what they are being told. Inconsistency pisses people off, and it's open ended. Hypocrisy? BS

I’m Antifa (anti fascist). To the extent I see my country becoming fascist, I will dissent, I will protest, I will revolt.

Mods, I’m ready for my timeout now.

PM me anyone who wants to talk it over (if/when I’m allowed to return)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m Antifa (anti fascist). To the extent I see my country becoming fascist, I will dissent, I will protest, I will revolt.

oh boy...:rolleyes:

Aside from that 12intheBox, thanks again for your kindness the other day.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

You got it off your chest.
I assume you're done with that, yeah?
We can all (you, me, Loyal) leave that stuff outta this.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
all Nazi's must die
like in Raiders
Have we learned nothing?

DemandingFeistyEastrussiancoursinghounds-small.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That's a legitimate concern. I don't *think* so, but I do think the germ police will remain. I'm fairly certain that by the next time flu season rolls around, there will be people on social media demanding people wear masks. Especially when the CDC starts releasing flu death number updates. They don't typically do that, but I fear they're gonna start.
That is just one possible media fed post Covid narrative, and i will be giving my middle finger to all that shit.

There is still something very manufactured going on here amidst this legit pandemic.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I think I am Antifa also.

Although I think I am not on the same side as the current traditional Antifa. So maybe that makes me the AntiAnitifa?

I am so confused! Where is my pudding!

Is this what they call Gaslighting? WHERES IS MY PUDDING!!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
There is still something very manufactured going on here amidst this legit pandemic.

Absolutely. Twitter and Facebook just suspended some people and removed some video of front-line doctors - ones who are dealing with Covid patients daily - stating that HCQ is an effective treatment. You really have to ask yourself why they so want to aggressively censor this information and why there has been so much pushback when there are literally thousands of doctors around the world using it and touting it as an effective treatment.

Some people want this pandemic to continue. And right now, I'm convinced fear is the more deadly virus than Covid.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Absolutely. Twitter and Facebook just suspended some people and removed some video of front-line doctors - ones who are dealing with Covid patients daily - stating that HCQ is an effective treatment. You really have to ask yourself why they so want to aggressively censor this information and why there has been so much pushback when there are literally thousands of doctors around the world using it and touting it as an effective treatment.

Some people want this pandemic to continue. And right now, I'm convinced fear is the more deadly virus than Covid.

Or don’t ask yourself

Maybe just stop going to Facebook
If you’re going to Facebook for your info you’re fucked

Stop going to social media, you survived without it for decades now suddenly it’s “information”

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Personally, I don’t agree with the conspiracy theories.

A little more discipline and simply following the science, like most countries around the world have done, and the U.S. would be in much better shape.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Or don’t ask yourself

Maybe just stop going to Facebook
If you’re going to Facebook for your info you’re fucked

Stop going to social media, you survived without it for decades now suddenly it’s “information”

That completely misses the point. Not in the same zip code, not even on the same continent.

The point is that platforms with very wide reaches are actively trying to suppress information regarding a potential treatment for the Covid virus - one that thousands and thousands of front-line doctors actively treating Covid patients all around the world have done with observable success. Why would you want that information suppressed? What is the motive for these platforms?

Personally, I don’t agree with the conspiracy theories.

A little more discipline and simply following the science, like most countries around the world have done, and the U.S. would be in much better shape.

It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. Try harder instead of falling back on that lazy-ass canard.

As for the exalted "science", the observations of doctors on the front lines successfully treating Covid patients with HCQ are part of the science.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. Try harder instead of falling back on that lazy-ass canard.

As for the exalted "science", the observations of doctors on the front lines successfully treating Covid patients with HCQ are part of the science.

The tone and sarcasm in your reply suggests a lack of objectivity with your thought process.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That completely misses the point. Not in the same zip code, not even on the same continent.

The point is that platforms with very wide reaches are actively trying to suppress information regarding a potential treatment for the Covid virus - one that thousands and thousands of front-line doctors actively treating Covid patients all around the world have done with observable success. Why would you want that information suppressed? What is the motive for these platforms?

Dude
You need to get off the social media.

Hilarious how you are all ranting about suppression as if it's a source for valid news.

I like how you ask what the motive is for "these platforms" like you don't know. Come on man. You know as well as I do what their motivation is. It's fucking money.

Stop tuning in and caring about what those 3 people in silicon valley are doing and maybe you'll be part of the solution instead of letting the hammer come down on your head.

Social media "platforms" have single-handedly killed the arts, the news, civility, politics, just to name a few vital sectors that have come crashing down in the age of social media - industries that once helped us all live the life you now pine for. So to see you claim ignorance over their motives is not only laughable but plain ludicrous.

the worst thing ever to happen to this planet (since I'm not in the same neighborhood or continent) is Grandma and her fucking cellphone.

Stop complaining about bullshit as if your perplexion matters one bit to those freaks .

You know where the information is. Go find it. In the meantime put down the Facebook -- there are better ways to get pics of your grandkids

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The tone and sarcasm in your reply suggests a lack of objectivity with your thought process.

I agree with you Allen2McVay, this isn't some unholy mystery.

We all know why this shit is going down the way it is. It's not some secret cabal. It's a pandemic and they happen every 100 years.

Maybe there will be an opportunity moving into 2021 and 2022 for a health revolution. One that takes advantage of the great minds this country has and set them on a course for healing, compassion, and duty. I sure hope so.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Duly noted.

Dude
You need to get off the social media.

Hilarious how you are all ranting about suppression as if it's a source for valid news.

I like how you ask what the motive is for "these platforms" like you don't know. Come on man. You know as well as I do what their motivation is. It's fucking money.

Stop tuning in and caring about what those 3 people in silicon valley are doing and maybe you'll be part of the solution instead of letting the hammer come down on your head.

Social media "platforms" have single-handedly killed the arts, the news, civility, politics, just to name a few vital sectors that have come crashing down in the age of social media - industries that once helped us all live the life you now pine for. So to see you claim ignorance over their motives is not only laughable but plain ludicrous.

the worst thing ever to happen to this planet (since I'm not in the same neighborhood or continent) is Grandma and her fucking cellphone.

Stop complaining about bullshit as if your perplexion matters one bit to those freaks .

You know where the information is. Go find it. In the meantime put down the Facebook -- there are better ways to get pics of your grandkids

Still missing the point.

bluecoconuts

Legend

So there’s a few issues, which is likely what led to the removal. First, those doctors don’t represent thousands of others, and there are not thousands and thousands of doctors using it to treat Covid. It’s not approved by the FDA, those numbers just don’t add up. Second, this was a clear political move, not scientific. It was organized by political groups, and had politicians standing by them, and it was broadcast all over political pages and retweeted by politicians to drive a narrative.

And finally, one of the doctors is claiming it’s a cure. That should be the big ol red flag and bullshit alarm going ding ding ding in people’s head moment. The studies that they are trying to cite don’t even say that, it was only found to reduce the death rate by about half in patients that met a very limited set of conditions while being constantly monitored in a hospital. And there just isn’t a cure for a coronavirus, that’s not how it works. We can eventually figure out enough to develop antiviral medicine for it, but you can’t cure it anymore than you can cure the common cold. It mutates and adapts too quickly. Once you get the baseline down you can develop antibodies and such that will aid the body in their fight, but you can’t cure it.

And that’s likely why it got pulled. It was a political stunt with misleading information.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Duly noted.

Still missing the point.

I’m not missing anything - you want me to speculate on the suppression of info on social media platforms related to a specific medicine touted by the President’s son.

I won’t follow you down that rabbit hole of loss

Sorry

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I’m not missing anything - you want me to speculate on the suppression of info on social media platforms related to a specific medicine touted by *doctors who have treated patients with the drug*.

I won’t follow you down that rabbit hole of loss

Sorry

FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.