Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I guess it was just a matter of time before this kind of nonsense was introduced. Lets try and keep the politics out of this thread, ... rather than fixing the blame at the moment, lets first try to fix the problem.
Not placing blame but ignorance is bliss...So yeah we can start fixing it from there... Quite frankly if these types of things bother people why not just rid all talk that include economical downfalls?

Q729

Legend
If anyone's interested in the numbers so far...
1584052089582.png

fearsomefour

Legend
Not to make light of relationships, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a spike in divorces & break-ups in the coming months. With schools closing along with workplace adjustments which may have couples and children spending way more time together than ever anticipated, strains are likely to appear.
One can hope.

fearsomefour

Legend
Nevada has 2 reported cases. I just got a call from one of my customers they make most of the slot machines in the world. They're shutting down indefinitely.

2 cases in the state

They are, in my experience, doo doo heads anyway.
It’s daft this over reaction.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not placing blame but ignorance is bliss...So yeah we can start fixing it from there... Quite frankly if these types of things bother people why not just rid all talk that include economical downfalls?

Like the country, ROD is also divided politically. How do we know this ? From several past discussions which quickly devolved around most any subject once a political aspect is introduced. Since ROD is primarily a football forum, peace is kept in the family by avoiding the colorful opinions we might harbor relating to politics.
jmo.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
In California they're not even testing you unless you've came into contact with a diagnosed coronavirus patient or if you have symptoms coupled with health risks such as heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes.

So again, there may be more carriers that received Coronavirus through community transmission that will not be eligible for testing at this time.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If anyone's interested in the numbers so far...
View attachment 34436

My only question would revolve around 'closed cases', being that we have read previously about patients who were once considered 'recovered' only to test positive again at a later date.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like the country, ROD is also divided politically. How do we know this ? From several past discussions which quickly devolved around most any subject once a political aspect is introduced. Since ROD is primarily a football forum, peace is kept in the family by avoiding the colorful opinions we might harbor relating to politics.
jmo.
Some avoid it. Some post articles from politically biased websites like huffington post. Some make veiled political comments and get upset when others express contrary opinions. It would be great if everybody avoided stuff that might spark ideological difference of opinions, but we know that’ll never happen.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Some avoid it. Some post articles from politically biased websites like huffington post. Some make veiled political comments and get upset when others express contrary opinions. It would be great if everybody avoided stuff that might spark ideological difference of opinions, but we know that’ll never happen.

That's the thing though, what some believe are politically based websites are considered mainstream by others, perhaps you should post a list of what's acceptable and we'll go from there.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just went looking for hand sanitizer on Amazon and it's mostly sold out.

I doubt whether it's the 'fear factor' which motivates preparation so much as just being ready for the unexpected like earthquakes, hurricanes, fires & floods. Coronavirus, for now, is just one more thing added to the list, ... and i'd much rather prepare for my family's well being than explain at a later date why I let them down.
jmo.
Now the government can create fear and panic from here on by just mentioning a new virus as needed. Well played US govt.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Now the government can create fear and panic from here on by just mentioning a new virus as needed. Well played US govt.

Or we can be consistent with our preparedness and never fear or panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.