Brady to the booth after retirement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Same. He also says far too many “first in first out” type clichés that come off as fluff.
Collinsworth also frequently makes a statement, then pauses and follows-up saying "right?"

I find that really annoying ... RIGHT?

Tano

Legend
Thing is - I believe Brady is far more hated than beloved.

I know I am going to have to turn the sound off.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Have you ever heard Brady's NFL Radio show? Don't listen while driving, as you might fall asleep at the wheel.

I'm sure, though, that Brady will study a lot of video before each broadcast so he knows exactly what to expect. Otherwise, he might ultimately feel deflated about his performance.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Guess I'm a Collinsworth hater. I can't fucking stand that dude. His disappointment during those calls was pretty clear to me but maybe it's a perception thing.

Join the Club Brudda.

I've been hating that turd from Titusville FL since he was in school at Gainesville... aka, swamp dweller.

There are many reasons to choose from if anyone would like to know why he should be hated. Too many to go through... but the list is very long.

I just stick with the most obvious... he sucks in the booth. He's wrong multiple times during every game he is assigned to. MULTIPLE TIMES every game. He makes shit up and pretends... he doesn't prepare for his job... he's fucking lazy. Add in his lame ass cheerleading and it's a true cesspool of shit. Very similar to a swamp.

Psycho_X

Legend
Ok, Tom Brady sucks. Watched most of the Dallas game for fantasy reasons and I could not stand Brady. His voice grated on me and he rarely said anything interesting or revealing that wasn't obvious. Now I have some old bias so curious if anyone else has a different opinion but based on one game? Greg Olsen is leagues ahead of Brady as far as skill being color commentator.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ok, Tom Brady sucks. Watched most of the Dallas game for fantasy reasons and I could not stand Brady. His voice grated on me and he rarely said anything interesting or revealing that wasn't obvious. Now I have some old bias so curious if anyone else has a different opinion but based on one game? Greg Olsen is leagues ahead of Brady as far as skill being color commentator.

I've seen several bad reviews on his performance from big newspapers all over the country.

I didn't listen to him knowingly because I had Red Zone on and kinda checked out whenever the cowgirl game flashed on. I'll force myself (out of curiosity) to give him a listen now that it appears he isn't very good.

I did see that the ref guy (I think it was Blandino) who was there with them to help explain the penalties/calls left Tom Terrific hanging when Tom tried to dab him up. The ref guy didn't even look over at Tom and Tom just had his fist stretched out to him and waited way too long for a dab from this guy that wasn't happening. LOL

I did completely mute the sound from our game last night. I simply cannot stand to hear Collinscunt's voice... or even worse... the bullshit he spews.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'd say I'm indifferent towards Brady. He was bad. He sounded uncomfortable, shrill voice, moments of dead air. He'll probably get better but they definitely screwed it up with Olsen.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd say I'm indifferent towards Brady. He was bad. He sounded uncomfortable, shrill voice, moments of dead air. He'll probably get better but they definitely screwed it up with Olsen.
How long is his contract for?

Maybe he should try runway modeling. I hear they don’t have to talk, and he probably has had a lot of practice with the strut.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
How long is his contract for?

Maybe he should try runway modeling. I hear they don’t have to talk, and he probably has had a lot of practice with the strut.
No clue about his contract. Though if he does become an owner (part?) he might be able to weasel out of it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think that when it comes to broadcasting, offensive linemen may be the best position for doing play by play or commentary during games.

Their size tends to give them deeper voices, the good ones seem to be more cerebral and the OL position brings more humility and a team first attitude. I’d take a guy like Big Whit over a Brady or Manning any day if I have to listen to them explain a football game.

I hate to say it, but even McVay’s voice, extensive detail, and often excited pace when talking about football would get annoying.

I guess it’s a fine line between having too much to say and having too little to say. But even the smarter ones can come across as Captain Obvious. Dan Fouts comes to mind.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I think that when it comes to broadcasting, offensive linemen may be the best position for doing play by play or commentary during games.

Their size tends to give them deeper voices, the good ones seem to be more cerebral and the OL position brings more humility and a team first attitude. I’d take a guy like Big Whit over a Brady or Manning any day if I have to listen to them explain a football game.

I hate to say it, but even McVay’s voice extensive detail and often excited pace when talking about football would get annoying.

I guess it’s a fine line between having too much to say and having too little to say. But even the smarter ones can come across as Captain Obvious. Dan Fouts comes to mind.
I can't stand Dan Fouts... I used to not mind him like 20 years ago but not anymore. Not sure if he changed or I did over the years lol. And agreed with McVay, he'd have to pull himself back a bit if he ever goes to broadcast booth. You can't just rattle off endless technical football babble because the average fan is going to hate listening to it.

Psycho_X

Legend
Olsen is one of my favorites.
He does a great job and is very entertaining.
Yeah mine too. He got shafted by Fox with this whole Brady thing. If I was Olsen when his contract is up I'd definitely take my services to a different network and he should get paid to be a top guy somewhere. He'd instantly make ESPN or CBS top crew better... or replacing Collinsworth would be great but that won't happen unfortunately.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Olsen is one of my favorites.
He does a great job and is very entertaining.
Wasn’t he on a broadcast for the Rams when his team was on a bye and he was allowed in on all of the meetings with coaches, etc… then he and his team played the Rams the next week?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wasn’t he on a broadcast for the Rams when his team was on a bye and he was allowed in on all of the meetings with coaches, etc… then he and his team played the Rams the next week?
I believe so, now that you mention it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't stand Dan Fouts... I used to not mind him like 20 years ago but not anymore.
Same here. He just seems to have developed diarrhea of the mouth where before maybe he wasn't constantly having to talk.

JPPT1974

UDFA
Brady signed a ten year $375M deal. He was smart and on the money. Other than that he just needs to loosen up and that he needs to develop a personality.
Well John Madden was not an overnight sensation remember? He had to grow and learn on the fly and got much more better and is now a legend.
Give Brady a chance!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Brady signed a ten year $375M deal. He was smart and on the money. Other than that he just needs to loosen up and that he needs to develop a personality.
Well John Madden was not an overnight sensation remember? He had to grow and learn on the fly and got much more better and is now a legend.
Give Brady a chance!
He may get there but certainly isn't a natural. Tom isn't an engaging speaker and will need to shape his persona for this to work, so far I am not impressed.

Tano

Legend

I hate to say it, but even McVay’s voice, extensive detail, and often excited pace when talking about football would get annoying.

1726333719519.png