OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Justin Fields to the Steelers!?!

Being reported. Now that is funny.

Pittsburgh seemed like an ideal spot for either Russell Wilson OR Justin Fields ... But BOTH!?!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Justin Fields to the Steelers!?!

Being reported. Now that is funny.

Pittsburgh seemed like an ideal spot for either Russell Wilson OR Justin Fields ... But BOTH!?!
I wonder what each one is thinking right now. I bet neither felt that they’d be competing for the starting job.

A sixth rounder is hilarious. DaBears felt they’d get a much higher pick, if reports are accurate.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Changes to scheme are cyclical. McVay seems to be trying to stay ahead of the pack by putting more resources into running the ball successfully. This chart may look different over the coming years.
He should show those numbers vs each yr of those last 8. Curious which way the trend is moving.

And I would say during the season passing the ball will always be more important. However, when facing playoff caliber defenses, especially
in bad weather games in late December & January, the ability to run the ball is critical.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Changes to scheme are cyclical. McVay seems to be trying to stay ahead of the pack by putting more resources into running the ball successfully. This chart may look different over the coming years.
AND resources into keeping his QB upright, when he's protected like last year, he's playing some all-pro ball.

McVay is simply doing what I used to do in Madden. Build a dominate line and say to hell with the QB cone. Copycat. Sheeh.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think having a strong running attack makes the Rams passing game more efficient and more explosive.
I think last season pretty clearly illustrated that.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
A weapon? Umm ... really?
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive
Yes he'll drop bombs....what a weapon!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Zach Wilson really could be had for a ham sandwich.
If the Jets are picking up his roster bonus, then yes.
Fields only making around 2 mill, Wilson 6 and change mill

TexasRam

Legend
I think having a strong running attack makes the Rams passing game more efficient and more explosive.
I was going to say the same thing.

Strangely, a good running game can make a good passing game. "Can". Not "Will". Because you can have a shit passing game even if your run game is doing a good job opening it up.

It's still a QB driven league at the end of the day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes, the threat of running the ball, when a team does it well, obviously helps the passing attack. You could reverse that and it worms the same way.

I was referring to taking advantage of defensive alignments that are meant to defend the pass mostly. Like playing more defense in nickel and dime packages, with one main ILB or lighter linebacker/ safety types. The majority of teams have gone to those defenses to stop the passing that is so prevelant. So, now is a goid time to be going to a power run scheme to take advantage of it. If Kyren was not injured for four games he was likely to have led the league in rushing last season. I'm sure the Rams changing the run scheme is not accidental.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
DT - OLB - CB - WR with the first 4 would be ideal, IMO. Then get OT - RB in the 5th. And the remainder of the draft is gravy. But it never works out the way we think .