OFFICIAL 2024/2025 NFL injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Drunk drivers are the worst! Jackson wasn't the drunk driver. He was hit and killed by one.

This is one of the many reasons why drunk driving is something - in my mind - that I can’t forgive, much less condone.

Memento

Name
Jemma
This is one of the many reasons why drunk driving is something - in my mind - that I can’t forgive, much less condone.

Since I can’t edit, may Khyree and his two friends, Isaiah and Anthony (lest we forget that two other young souls just starting out on life died along with Khyree) rest in peace.

Tano

Legend
That is why I once argued with someone that if you drive drunk, you should be charged with attempted manslaughter.

Make it so egregious, no one will drive drunk.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
That is why I once argued with someone that if you drive drunk, you should be charged with attempted manslaughter.

You know they have the death penalty and people still kill.

Tano

Legend
Those are usually evil people.

Drunk drivers are usually not evil people but can't help themselves.

Maybe there will still be a few drunk drivers out there but I bet the percentage will go way down.

If I had to call an uber or chance being charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter, I bet a lot more people call an uber. And if it is attempted vehicular manslaughter, you have to go to jail and have a judge set bail for you. I would make it as painful as possible.

Edit - and the more times that you get charged with it, the higher the bail and the higher the prison sentences.

Tano

Legend

Maybe there will still be a few drunk drivers out there but I bet the percentage will go way down.

If I had to call an uber or chance being charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter, I bet a lot more people call an uber. And if it is attempted vehicular manslaughter, you have to go to jail and have a judge set bail for you. I would make it as painful as possible.

Edit - and the more times that you get charged with it, the higher the bail and the higher the prison sentences.
And I apologize if I went too far on this subject matter.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Fuck drunk drivers up the ass with a spike-studded lunchbox without lube. I lost a close friend to one of them. A mother of three. Hit by an asshole who was driving drunk, had multiple DUIs on his record, ran a red light on a suspended license, and hit her car dead-on. He escaped charges on a technicality. There's absolutely no reason he should've escaped a manslaughter charge, and hell, I would've gone further - what he did was murder.

My story isn't unique. A lot of people can point to lives ruined by drunk drivers. Three families - Khyree's, Anthony's, and Isaiah's - are now going to be without their sons because of a person driving drunk. According to NHTSA, 11,000 people die a year because of drunk drivers. One alcohol-related death per thirty-nine minutes. In 2022 alone, more than 280 children died from alcohol-related killings - because that's all you can describe it as.

And don't say that it's just alcoholics, that people "can't help themselves". My dad may be a completely alcoholic asshole who slams beers and wine like it's Octoberfest, but at least he doesn't drink and drive, and if he can figure that out, there's no excuse for anyone else.

No. More. Excuses.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

India has the best solution for drunk driving, if you get caught you are jailed with your spouse. I've know a lot of drunks, and none of them would want to be jailed with their wife.

Tano

Legend
Fuck drunk drivers up the ass with a spike-studded lunchbox without lube. I lost a close friend to one of them. A mother of three. Hit by an asshole who was driving drunk, had multiple DUIs on his record, ran a red light on a suspended license, and hit her car dead-on. He escaped charges on a technicality. There's absolutely no reason he should've escaped a manslaughter charge, and hell, I would've gone further - what he did was murder.

My story isn't unique. A lot of people can point to lives ruined by drunk drivers. Three families - Khyree's, Anthony's, and Isaiah's - are now going to be without their sons because of a person driving drunk. According to NHTSA, 11,000 people die a year because of drunk drivers. One alcohol-related death per thirty-nine minutes. In 2022 alone, more than 280 children died from alcohol-related killings - because that's all you can describe it as.

And don't say that it's just alcoholics, that people "can't help themselves". My dad may be a completely alcoholic asshole who slams beers and wine like it's Octoberfest, but at least he doesn't drink and drive, and if he can figure that out, there's no excuse for anyone else.

No. More. Excuses.
I am not saying they are not bad people. I am saying that they don't intend to kill people.

But make it attempted vehicular manslaughter and I think the problem will go way down.

And get rid of the technicalities. You have alcohol in your system - guilty.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I am not saying they are not bad people. I am saying that they don't intend to kill people.

But make it attempted vehicular manslaughter and I think the problem will go way down.

And get rid of the technicalities. You have alcohol in your system - guilty.

Nobody held a gun to their head and forced them to drink. Nobody forced them into the car and told them to drive while drunk. No. More. Excuses.

Were it up to me, there would be no alcohol, period. Not after all of the shit that's gone on in my life with my dad, not after I watched my sister fall into alcoholism as a teenager (which, thank holy fate, she's gotten sober enough and mature enough to drink occasionally and no more), not after I learned that my close friend died to a drunk driver who had multiple abuses of alcohol while driving.

Call me standing on a high horse if you want.

Tano

Legend
Nobody held a gun to their head and forced them to drink. Nobody forced them into the car and told them to drive while drunk. No. More. Excuses.

Were it up to me, there would be no alcohol, period. Not after all of the shit that's gone on in my life with my dad, not after I watched my sister fall into alcoholism as a teenager (which, thank holy fate, she's gotten sober enough and mature enough to drink occasionally and no more), not after I learned that my close friend died to a drunk driver who had multiple abuses of alcohol while driving.

I feel really bad for what you have gone thru but you're going a bit extreme.

I feel mine is a decent compromise because unfortunately a lot of people are weak and can't handle alcohol

Alcoholism is a disease after all and they need help with it.

Plus a lot of people will say I am going hardcore.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

No. More. Excuses.
Sorry for your loss. I was just pointing out what I thought was an obvious flaw in the thinking.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Fuck drunk drivers up the ass with a spike-studded lunchbox without lube.

No. More. Excuses.
I take exception to this but mostly agree with the rest of your post.

India has the best solution for drunk driving, if you get caught you are jailed with your spouse. I've know a lot of drunks, and none of them would want to be jailed with their wife.
Cruel but probably effective.

I feel really bad for what you have gone thru but you're going a bit extreme.
Nailed it. Prohibition has been tried and failed miserably.

Progressively stiffer penalties for repeat drunk driving offenders AND first timers with injuries resulting I agree with, but don't tell me I can't legally have a cocktail at the end of the day.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I am so sorry for your loss. And, the perpetrator surely deserved consequences.

However, time and place, time and place...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Let he without sins throw the first stone...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure you can. Just Uber home, or take a bus. Or break the law, and at some point pay the price.
One cocktail for most people will not put you at risk of breaking the law. Shit forgot this was an NFL injury thread not an off topic. My bad.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox