2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Nice pick Jack!He wasn't on my Radar, I missed him! But I have him now!!(y)(y);)

Really? It's odd when I player slips past you. But based strictly on NFL Combine ratings, he's tied for the 5th highest score for WRs.

IMG_1353.PNG

A bit of a steal at this stage of the game. I really like Taywan Taylor too.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Really? It's odd when I player slips past you. But based strictly on NFL Combine ratings, he's tied for the 5th highest score for WRs.

View attachment 19157
Your right, it's strange I missed him! But at least I'll know about him during the NFL Draft!(y);)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Offering picks 166 and 178 (both in the 5th round) to move up to any picks between 125-145. Trade value chart has 125 as the rough estimate for those picks but anywhere in that range is fine. A specific player has to be there however. If anyone is interested let me know. If anyone thinks my value sucks or wants to send a counter offer, I'll listen to that too.

Also listening to offers on LB Koa Misi.

I sound like a broken record but things get lost. Anybody looking to trade down let me know.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler

View attachment 19157

I think he slips cause of character concerns. Its not his talent tbh. I was considering him in the 4th but he has some issues off the field. He hasnt been charged for anything but he has had alot of incidents that throws up red flags. But for sure the talent is there. Getting him in the 4th is a steal.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:help:I'm so Bored!! I'm about to fall asleep!!:sleepz::sleepz:And Now my Grand-Daughter and her Older cousin are Laughing at My Board!:sadwalk:

Gracie4-1.jpg

" EVERYBODY'S AN NFL CRITIC THESE DAYS!!":shocking::headexplosion:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
:help:I'm so Bored!! I'm about to fall asleep!!:sleepz::sleepz:And Now my Grand-Daughter and her Older cousin are Laughing at My Board!:sadwalk:

View attachment 19159
" EVERYBODY'S AN NFL CRITIC THESE DAYS!!":shocking::headexplosion:

I think that's their reaction to your pre-draft trade actually.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
With the 134th (?) pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Green Bay Packers select:
Erik Magnuson Michigan OG 6'4" 303

upload_2017-4-9_12-47-37.png

2017 NFL Draft: Michigan Erik Magnuson Scouting Report

Michigan’s Erik Magnuson is a well-built offensive line prospect who could potentially fit at either guard or tackle in the NFL.

Erik Magnuson spent the past two years playing right tackle where he matched up against upper-level competition in the Big 10. He is best described as a solid all-around prospect who has ideal size and solid athleticism.

Magnuson has good overall movement skills with the ability to reach the second level, trap and work on the edge. His initial step helps him quickly get out of his stance and into his set. This allows him to routinely make first contact and gain inside hands.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
With the 135th pick in the draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Joe Mathis OLB Washington

Probably a little early but I'm not risking missing out on him. Write up is from a Steelers fan page.

Every year, there’s always a pass rusher who emerges out of nowhere to become one of the leading candidates in a draft class. While he doesn’t exactly hail from nowhere, but from Power Five member, Washington, not many analysts had him pegged as a guy to watch this season, and for good reason. He had only four sacks in the combined two years that he played prior to this season. He also couldn’t seem to break into the starting lineup.

All that changed in 2016, as Joe Mathis earned a starting spot and built a reputation as one of the most efficient pass rushers in the nation, racking up five sacks in four out of the six games he played. Those numbers might not sound great, but it honestly doesn’t tell the full story of just how disruptive Mathis has been from snap to snap.

Mathis is way more disruptive than the sack numbers would indicate. He’s always finding ways to disrupt the QB. One of my favorite traits about Mathis is his heavy hands which really allow him to stone people at the point of attack. Adding onto that point, he’s athletic and pretty quick off the line, but his speed off the line is not just a way of beating tackles to the outside, no, he uses it by converting it into power, and it’s so effective that he can sometimes knock tackles on their rear ends.

In terms of trying to beat tackles on the outside, Mathis shows a remarkably good amount of bend for someone his size, and has shown flashes of being able to dip underneath offensive tackles. He’s got some variance in his developing arsenal of moves, showing off a good inside swim move that’s effective.

Of course being an edge defender means more than just rushing the passer. Mathis plays with really nice leverage in run game, and is very disciplined. What I mean by disciplined is that I never see him getting too aggressive trying to rush up the arch, rather he stays square and he sheds blocks with effectiveness (hands probably help in this regard).

Mathis also never seems to look uncomfortable playing in space, whether it’s dropping into coverage or being left on an island against a much shiftier player (you’ll see what I mean by this). I don’t know if I would call him twitched up, but he’s definitely a player you can play in space and not worry about him.

@Merlin is on the clock
@Boston Ram is on deck

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the 134th (?) pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Green Bay Packers select:
Erik Magnuson Michigan OG 6'4" 303

View attachment 19160

2017 NFL Draft: Michigan Erik Magnuson Scouting Report

Michigan’s Erik Magnuson is a well-built offensive line prospect who could potentially fit at either guard or tackle in the NFL.

Erik Magnuson spent the past two years playing right tackle where he matched up against upper-level competition in the Big 10. He is best described as a solid all-around prospect who has ideal size and solid athleticism.

Magnuson has good overall movement skills with the ability to reach the second level, trap and work on the edge. His initial step helps him quickly get out of his stance and into his set. This allows him to routinely make first contact and gain inside hands.
Looks like a nice sold pick! I didn't have him on my Board, But I only started with 14 OG's!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
With the 135th pick in the draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Joe Mathis OLB Washington

Probably a little early but I'm not risking missing out on him. Write up is from a Steelers fan page.

Every year, there’s always a pass rusher who emerges out of nowhere to become one of the leading candidates in a draft class. While he doesn’t exactly hail from nowhere, but from Power Five member, Washington, not many analysts had him pegged as a guy to watch this season, and for good reason. He had only four sacks in the combined two years that he played prior to this season. He also couldn’t seem to break into the starting lineup.

All that changed in 2016, as Joe Mathis earned a starting spot and built a reputation as one of the most efficient pass rushers in the nation, racking up five sacks in four out of the six games he played. Those numbers might not sound great, but it honestly doesn’t tell the full story of just how disruptive Mathis has been from snap to snap.

Mathis is way more disruptive than the sack numbers would indicate. He’s always finding ways to disrupt the QB. One of my favorite traits about Mathis is his heavy hands which really allow him to stone people at the point of attack. Adding onto that point, he’s athletic and pretty quick off the line, but his speed off the line is not just a way of beating tackles to the outside, no, he uses it by converting it into power, and it’s so effective that he can sometimes knock tackles on their rear ends.

In terms of trying to beat tackles on the outside, Mathis shows a remarkably good amount of bend for someone his size, and has shown flashes of being able to dip underneath offensive tackles. He’s got some variance in his developing arsenal of moves, showing off a good inside swim move that’s effective.

Of course being an edge defender means more than just rushing the passer. Mathis plays with really nice leverage in run game, and is very disciplined. What I mean by disciplined is that I never see him getting too aggressive trying to rush up the arch, rather he stays square and he sheds blocks with effectiveness (hands probably help in this regard).

Mathis also never seems to look uncomfortable playing in space, whether it’s dropping into coverage or being left on an island against a much shiftier player (you’ll see what I mean by this). I don’t know if I would call him twitched up, but he’s definitely a player you can play in space and not worry about him.

@Merlin is on the clock
@Boston Ram is on deck
Great pick. Was on my list for my 5th rounder. Had hopes he'd make it but not high ones. Nice job.