2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The Tennessee Titans with pick #124 select:
OLB Dawuane Smoot - Illinois

6'3" 264 lbs
  • 40 YARD DASH: 4.77 SEC
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 29.5 INCH
  • BROAD JUMP: 117.0 INCH
  • 3 CONE DRILL: 7.18 SEC
  • 20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.39 SEC
He'll become a 3-4 pass rusher here. He's athletic, a former Team USA Junior hurdler and he's managed to keep some of that athleticism while bulking up considerably.
He didn't totally set the world on fire while the Illini transitioned to that Lovie Smith defense, but he's incredibly football smart, and he'll be able to flex some of that athleticism as a stand-up rusher rather than a guy with his hand in the dirt.

@T-REX is up
@Mojo Ram is on deck

Awesome pick, especially at this stage of the draft. You have a good one there. Nice haul in this year's draft too - I had the titans a couple of years ago, I'm glad to see them in good hands.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By Mojo, no less.
IMG_1074.GIF

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Alan picking for @Mojo Ram .
With the 126th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select:
Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida St

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2155428/roderick-johnson

PLAYER OVERVIEW

The splashy play of running back Dalvin Cook and redshirt freshman quarterback Deondre Francois drew much of the attention but NFL scouts were just as interested in another gifted Seminoles' underclassman, Johnson, a starter at left tackle since midway through his true freshman season.

Like many Seminoles, Johnson signed as a highly regarded recruit, ranking as the No. 1 overall prep prospect from the state of Missouri. Despite his fanfare, most expected that he would redshirt his first season in Tallahassee as the Seminoles boasted one of the top offensive lines in all of college football in 2014. All five of its starters, in fact, wound up being either drafted or signed as free agents by NFL teams following the season.

Instead, the long-armed Johnson supplanted Cameron Erving as the blindside protector for Jameis Winston over the final five games of the season, pushing the future first round pick (Cleveland, No. 19 overall) inside to center. Though there were some initial growing pains (not surprisingly), Johnson went on to reward the Seminoles' coaching staff for their faith in his talent, starting 31 consecutive games and earning the Jacobs Blocking Trophy as the ACC's top offensive lineman after each of the past two seasons.

Boasting a prototypical blend of size, quickness and experience in a pro-style offense, Johnson is among the few tackles in the 2017 draft class who warrants first round consideration.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS:
With exceptionally long arms, broad shoulders and good overall weight distribution, Johnson possesses the length and width NFL scouts look for at the position. He shows good initial quickness off the snap, sliding well to his left with short, choppy steps and using his long arms to latch onto pass rushers. His surprising quickness also shows up in the running game, where Johnson is often asked to release off the line of scrimmage to block linebackers and defensive backs. Johnson climbs quickly to the second level and he can dominate smaller opponents with his natural girth and strength. Though athletic, Johnson is hardly a finesse blocker. When he keeps his pad level low, Johnson can drive defensive linemen off the ball. Turned 21 in November and physically is still just scratching the surface of his potential. Voted a team captain in 2016 as a junior.

WEAKNESSES: For all of his exciting traits, Johnson is far from a finished product. Johnson's short, choppy steps in his initial kick-slide keep him balanced and prepared to anchor against bull-rushers but speedy edge rushers were too often able to turn the corner against him last season. Further, while Johnson's long arms give him terrific reach potential, he does not yet show the power in his hands to jolt defenders with his initial punch. Like a receiver with great size and an impressive vertical jump failing to catch passes at their highest point, Johnson doesn't yet use his length to his advantage, failing to extend to catch and corral opponents. Instead, Johnson patiently waits for defenders to get close to him and using his wide frame to engulf them. Once close, Johnson can get lazy with his fundamentals, dropping his head on contact and failing to keep his feet shuffling laterally. Johnson shows some stiffness in his core, struggling to re-direct and recover if defenders counter back inside.

IN OUR VIEW:
Johnson possesses many of the traits scouts are looking for in a top-flight tackle and his upside could warrant a first round selection. His length makes up for less-than-ideal balance in his kick-slide, however, which means he may always struggle with speed rushers.

COMPARES TO:
Ja'Wuan James, Miami Dolphins -- Like the 6-6, 311 pound former first round pick out of Tennessee, Johnson's value lies with his length, durability and experience in a pro-style offense.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/roderick-johnson?id=2558114
OT
RODERICK JOHNSON
FLORIDA ST. ACC
2558114.jpg

COMBINE RESULTS
GRADE
5.6?

• 6'7"HEIGHT
  • 36"ARM LENGTH
  • 298LBS.WEIGHT
  • 10 3/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW
It appears Florida State has a tight grip on the ACC's award for the top offensive lineman. First, Cam Erving won the award in 2013 and 2014 before being picked in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft by Cleveland. The past two years, Johnson has received the Jacobs Blocking Trophy from league coaches because of his work at left tackle for the Seminoles. The two-time first-team All-ACC pick has started every game on the blind side since midway through the 2014 season, when he garnered Freshman All-American honors for his play.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Exceptionally long with well-proportioned frame. Looks the part. Has telephone poles for arms. Unfurls his length and consistently jabs into defenders with maximum arm extension. Punch can be very disruptive for edge rushers who have to alter their rush plans. Plus power as a run blocker. Can finish with authority once he latches into the defender's frame and gets momentum churned up. Shows ability to make late adjustments in space. Gathers weight and focuses power into opponent at point of attack. Massive wingspan can buy him time to recover against sudden changes of direction. Plays with good awareness. Sees blitzers lurking and is ready to respond. Good transition speed to slide from his stance. Can snap and catch E/Ts. Plays with a very stiff outside hand in pass protection.
WEAKNESSES

High-cut waist bender and leaner who is constantly playing with his weight way out in front of his feet. Plays with an alarming lack of body control and balance. Weight is rarely centered. Big feet get tripped up too often. Pass slides lack proper base width and control. Allows his feet to cross over causing regrettable change of direction attempts against inside counters. Hands and feet are in disharmony and need to get synced. Straight-legged into contact. Always in a race to get to the edge in pass pro causing him to panic and lunge. Takes questionable angles when attempting to seal. Power seems to be an issue with redirect blocks. Has athletic traits but doesn't always manifest itself in play. Sluggish with lateral movement.
SOURCES TELL US
"He should have gone back, but I think he's interesting because I still think he is growing into his body. He will probably always have some balance issues because he's always going to be a leaner. If he can improve his body control with that length ... that could be really interesting." - AFC Director of College Scouting

NFL COMPARISON
Morgan Moses

BOTTOM LINE
Long-limbed left tackle who has the physical traits that teams want from their blind-side protector, but who is missing some of the body control and balance that is needed to succeed at his position. Despite his balance inconsistencies, Johnson can be a powerful run blocker when he gets defenders framed up. Teams will have to decide if they want to play him on the left or right side, but an offensive line coach will need to try and correct issues with his pass sets and his footwork before he gets his shot.
Oops! Already Picked!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Looking to move up from #133. Anyone who wants to move back only a few spots and pick up an extra pick let me know.

Alan

Legend
Ok guys, I made another change to Mojo's pick. Might even be the correct one. Check it out.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I agreed to a trade with someone. I'll give it until 8pm est for him to come back. If not, then I'll agree to a trade with another member lol. Stay tuned.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Offering picks 166 and 178 (both in the 5th round) to move up to any picks between 125-145. Trade value chart has 125 as the rough estimate for those picks but anywhere in that range is fine. A specific player has to be there however. If anyone is interested let me know. If anyone thinks my value sucks or wants to send a counter offer, I'll listen to that too.

Also listening to offers on LB Koa Misi.

Just bumping this and saying I'm still offering this (and listening to any counter offers) if anyone is interested.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I agreed to a trade with someone. I'll give it until 8pm est for him to come back. If not, then I'll agree to a trade with another member lol. Stay tuned.
:blah::blah::blah: Your always the one guy slowing thing down around here!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh::hiding: