2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok guys - I'm due to pick at #187 and #196 - I really don't want to hold things up but its 21:50 here - who's willing to be my second if the picks come flying in soon?

(I'll PM you my hit list before I fall asleep)
You can PM @Alan or me, I'm sure we will both be around!!

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Good morning gents. Yes it is wake up time down under. Sorry for the delay, but it is the beginning of the Easter long weekend and me and the wife turned one on last night hence the late rise. I'm normally checking this board by 5.30am each morning (about 1 3/4 hrs ago so whatever that is your time. :) )

I have my write up ready to go. Pick will be in 1 min.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good morning gents. Yes it is wake up time down under. Sorry for the delay, but it is the beginning of the Easter long weekend and me and the wife turned one on last night hence the late rise. I'm normally checking this board by 5.30am each morning (about 1 3/4 hrs ago so whatever that is your time. :) )

I have my write up ready to go. Pick will be in 1 min.
" Sure! That's what we all say!!"(y)

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
With the 181st pick, the Cleveland Browns select a somewhat controversial character although they have never been adverse to doing that.

Their need to strengthen their WR Corp has determined that rather ironically, they invite .........

Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor to the dog pound.

Stats to know: Baylor quarterbacks had a rating of 106.6 when targeting Zamora last season, throwing eight touchdowns to just one interception.

What he does best:

• Size (6-foot-3, 224 pounds) and speed (4.53 40-yard dash at pro day) are ideal for NFL. Plays faster than 4.53 on tape at times, can separate from defenders with long, fast strides.
  • Massive catch radius and strong hands, will extend for the ball and catch it away from his body. Made some insane inches-off-the-ground catches. Holds onto the ball after contact.
  • Great body control on off-target passes, able to jump and twist in the air to make circus catches. Jumped 40 inches at pro day.
  • Showed occasional explosiveness out of his breaks at rare times he was asked to make a breaking route, potential is there.
  • Great subtle hands work at tops of his routes and catch point to win contested situations.
  • Can stop and start on a dime, great for hitch routes and better for hitch-and-goes.
  • Impressive footwork off of the line, made defenders look silly playing tight coverage.
  • A monster after the catch, so strong and knows it. Will just lower his shoulder and run through defenders, rarely does just one person tackle him.
Player comparison: Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns

It’s easy to compare Baylor receivers to each other but Zamora has some similarities to Gordon from when he came out of Baylor. They have identical size and speed, with strong effortless hands, but a lack of route running was a big question for Gordon. He was able to take that next step in the NFL (on the field only) and Zamora definitely has that same potential.

Bottom line: Zamora is a strange case of a receiver that may have a higher ceiling than any other receiver in this class, but is likely to be a late-round pick or go undrafted. Off-the-field issues aside (and there are big ones), Zamora has the combination of size, strength, and speed that could make him a nightmare in the NFL. His game needs plenty of refinement as his hands are frustratingly inconsistent and his route running is extremely limited. But if he can improve those even the slightest bit, he could be a monster in the NFL.

I know he has issues and the dog bashing bothers me but if he can show some remorse and deliver on the gridiron, those horrid memories will fade away in a lot of people's eyes. It's the nature of the 'what can you do for me now' culture.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the 181st pick, the Cleveland Browns select a somewhat controversial character although they have never been adverse to doing that.

Their need to strengthen their WR Coro has determined that rather ironically, they invite .........

Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor to the dog pound.

Stats to know: Baylor quarterbacks had a rating of 106.6 when targeting Zamora last season, throwing eight touchdowns to just one interception.

What he does best:

• Size (6-foot-3, 224 pounds) and speed (4.53 40-yard dash at pro day) are ideal for NFL. Plays faster than 4.53 on tape at times, can separate from defenders with long, fast strides.
  • Massive catch radius and strong hands, will extend for the ball and catch it away from his body. Made some insane inches-off-the-ground catches. Holds onto the ball after contact.
  • Great body control on off-target passes, able to jump and twist in the air to make circus catches. Jumped 40 inches at pro day.
  • Showed occasional explosiveness out of his breaks at rare times he was asked to make a breaking route, potential is there.
  • Great subtle hands work at tops of his routes and catch point to win contested situations.
  • Can stop and start on a dime, great for hitch routes and better for hitch-and-goes.
  • Impressive footwork off of the line, made defenders look silly playing tight coverage.
  • A monster after the catch, so strong and knows it. Will just lower his shoulder and run through defenders, rarely does just one person tackle him.
Player comparison: Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns

It’s easy to compare Baylor receivers to each other but Zamora has some similarities to Gordon from when he came out of Baylor. They have identical size and speed, with strong effortless hands, but a lack of route running was a big question for Gordon. He was able to take that next step in the NFL (on the field only) and Zamora definitely has that same potential.

Bottom line: Zamora is a strange case of a receiver that may have a higher ceiling than any other receiver in this class, but is likely to be a late-round pick or go undrafted. Off-the-field issues aside (and there are big ones), Zamora has the combination of size, strength, and speed that could make him a nightmare in the NFL. His game needs plenty of refinement as his hands are frustratingly inconsistent and his route running is extremely limited. But if he can improve those even the slightest bit, he could be a monster in the NFL.

I know he has issues and the dog bashing bothers me but if he can show some remorse and deliver on the gridiron, those horrid memories will fade away in a lot of people's eyes. It's the nature of the 'what can you do for me now' culture.
Great pick Ramrocket!! I was considering taking him If he fell to my pick! I think he'll clean-up his act once he hits the Pro's!!
Edit: By the way He cleaned up his 40 time at his Pro Day "4.49!" and that 40.0 Vert. and 133.0 Broad jump will come in handy!!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
With pick 182, the Kansas City Chiefs select ...

Antony Auclair (TE)

HT: 6'6" WT: 254LBS.

POSITION: TE

SCHOOL: Laval (Canada)

Raw as sushi but with tools to spare, the Chiefs are going to build a long term tight end tandem that will rival any in the league.

anthony-auclair-jean-simon-roy-marco-dubois.jpeg

f100aff52a4a08543a2eae1c81fcd081.jpg

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Antony Auclair (TE)

Raw as sushi but with tools to spare, the Chiefs are going to build a long term tight end tandem that will rival any in the league.

Never heard of him, good thing he's not my guy!

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
Great pick Ramrocket!! I was considering taking him If he fell to my pick! I think he'll clean-up his act once he hits the Pro's!!

Thanks Dave. I think this kid has 2nd round talent but will drop due to character issues. I'd still be surprised if he falls this far on draft day.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Antony Auclair (TE)

American Indian Girls are the Best Kisser's!!