LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey

[/QUOTE]
We had a local band like that , when I say local , I mean Fort Dodge , Iowa , which is like 75 miles South of where I live , and that's what they were , bouncy pop rock, their self titled debut album came out around 1980 , I was like in Jr High , and I remember it got really great reviews in Rolling Stones magazine , , and then their second album came out , "30 Seconds over Otho" , which also got really good reviews , and a lot of people thought this was it , they were on their way to making it big and then.....................Poof , they were gone

And you are right , British new wave took over , and bouncy pop rock pretty much disappeared over night

One unique thing about The Hawks , if I remember right , there was like 5 guys in the band and 4 of them sang/sung lead vocals on at least one of the songs

Wow! I didn't think many late 70's, early 80's power pop bands escaped my attention. As of now... I am officially a "The Hawks" fan. Superb hidden gems! I read all about them on Wikipedia...interesting history.

Enjoyed the Bro's banter about King Crimson's first disc. My little brother was scared of the cover, but was somehow deluded into thinking the music upon "In the Court of Crimson King" was actually Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine. We didn't clear up that up until the mid 90's.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ntHpYocc0

Magenta? Not as metallic nor as sexy as Nightwish yet progish with female vocals. This is off their newest album The Twenty Seven Club. Which has song titles like "The Lizard King" and "Pearl". A concept album about famous musicians who died at age 27.

50 ROD Dollars to the first person who can post a song from this Twenty Seven Club member.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PCanrFT50&list=PLmvF0Ca63mg6J6KunXjPhpotzpnNqMFna&index=2

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tD5ZzGPpz4o

Very talented guy, Cheryl Crow's ex boyfriend- helped launch her. He was getting ready to meet with the guys from Genesis, when he died tragically, a few years after this. Kevin Gilbert RIP

Yeah, very talented! I got turned on to him listening to the Stone Trek radio show (Greg Stone) on KOME in San Jose. Saw him with Giraffe and Toy Matinee in the late 80's-early 90's. Marc Bonilla toured with Toy Matinee and I ended buying some of his CDs as well.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 85]Isn't It A Pity (Live From Los Angeles, US/2014) - YouTube by BatteringRambo posted Mar 25, 2016 at 1:38 PM[/GALLERY]

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Yeah, very talented! I got turned on to him listening to the Stone Trek radio show (Greg Stone) on KOME in San Jose. Saw him with Giraffe and Toy Matinee in the late 80's-early 90's. Marc Bonilla toured with Toy Matinee and I ended buying some of his CDs as well.

Yes! I just realized his musical success going through my high school Wikipedia page of notable alums. I remember Kevin- he was one year behind me. I remember him in band and assemblies. Etc.

He seemed to go into a funk after he felt Cheryl Crow "used" him. He went from kind of an innocent youthful guy, like in my Giraffe video, to some edgy and even darker stuff with Toy Matinee.

Edit: I think that Queen of Misery might have been the song he wrote taking a shot at Crow. Kevin allegedly wrote All I Wanna Do and a few other songs off her debut album, but was not given attribution.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Yes! I just realized his musical success going through my high school Wikipedia page of notable alums. I remember Kevin- he was one year behind me. I remember him in band and assemblies. Etc.

He seemed to go into a funk after he felt Cheryl Crow "used" him. He went from kind of an innocent youthful guy, like in my Giraffe video, to some edgy and even darker stuff with Toy Matinee.

Edit: I think that Queen of Misery might have been the song he wrote taking a shot at Crow. Kevin allegedly wrote All I Wanna Do and a few other songs off her debut album, but was not given attribution.

Was it Serra High in San Mateo? I thought I heard that from someone from San Mateo that I met at a show in SF.