Week 2 Depth Chart Changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Will say again ifbig rob bk great will help but if mclendon there I'm ok with it but for the love of god get Acuri out before staff gets killed.

Bakiari Humpries they are sitting right there not old and if Bakiari is half the player he was he's probably even as good as AJ but if you catch lightning in a bottle then get everyone healthy you have quite the line with awesome depth.

I'm begging for the rams to try some of these guys out nothing could be worse than Acuri.

You don't have to give anything up and the contracts technically non guaranteed.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
world war i ocean GIF by US National Archives

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Did a quick check ... OTs only ... David Bakhtiari, D.J. Humphries, Charles Leno, one of the Camerons (Fleming or Erving ... doubt Diaz would work but I am a fan). Brandon Parker was just released by the Niners.

Don't know if Duane Brown or Donovan Smith have anything left. After that, @Loyal might be the best option. Although, @Da-Rock did post yesterday that he was over 300 lbs ... Maybe?
I almost mentioned Geron Christian ... No Excuses ... I suck.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He was making plays before he got hurt all over field he gets separation I think it’s more Stafford likes bigger targets … I just don’t see why they don’t just trade him
Stafford seems to favor targets he feels he can trust. They run a timing offense and the receivers have to be in the right spots at the right time. Tutu can get bumped off his route too easily and the timing gets thrown off.

Plus Tutu needs to be schemed open. So that means certain plays just for him.

Lastly he can’t block.

I think McVay prefers interchangeable parts. He did do well in Washington with DeSean Jackson but from what I see, Atwell isn’t close to being prime DeSean Jackson. With the Oline injuries, waiting for someone to get deep isn’t much of an option.

It was a failed experiment. I never understood the pick to begin with. He didn’t seem to fit an offense that requires everyone to block.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A stupid penalty is not poor execution . And even if it was poor execution , you can't blame the play calling for poor execution . Mcvay has no crystal ball to predict that Arcuri would make the most stupid and unnecessary penalty of all time . All he had to do was nothing . But he chose to blatantly grab detroit's player facemask and twist it . Even though he is 3rd string nobody can predict that kinda of stupidity . A power run would not change his action , he would probably do the same thing ( facemask ) . Outcome wouldn't change. The play worked because Whit scored a touchdown . You could complain about the play calling if whit didn't cross the line but he did.
Oh you must be the one with the crystal ball now. You better get a new one, thinking the two plays being executed the same just show a lack of game knowledge.

LOURam85

Rookie
Stafford seems to favor targets he feels he can trust. They run a timing offense and the receivers have to be in the right spots at the right time. Tutu can get bumped off his route too easily and the timing gets thrown off.

Plus Tutu needs to be schemed open. So that means certain plays just for him.

Lastly he can’t block.

I think McVay prefers interchangeable parts. He did do well in Washington with DeSean Jackson but from what I see, Atwell isn’t close to being prime DeSean Jackson. With the Oline injuries, waiting for someone to get deep isn’t much of an option.

It was a failed experiment. I never understood the pick to begin with. He didn’t seem to fit an offense that requires everyone to block.
I’ve seen him block and and mcvay says that he could do erlverythi bg and play every position…. He was making plays before injury and I seen Mcvay say that it was his fault that atwell didn’t play more after he came back from injury …. Just watch when he leave next year and produce for somebody else

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve seen him block and and mcvay says that he could do erlverythi bg and play every position…. He was making plays before injury and I seen Mcvay say that it was his fault that atwell didn’t play more after he came back from injury …. Just watch when he leave next year and produce for somebody else
So you think a 180 lb receiver is going to block a 240+ lb LBer or DE? There is a thing called a physics that would prove otherwise.

I never understood why people latch onto players that are not an integral part of the team. It’s a strange phenomenon that I’ve witnessed here for years. You can keep pining for Tutu. I’m just glad the coaches had the sense to realize that Robinson was a better fit for this offense. It’s also looking like they feel the same about Whittington and Johnson.

LOURam85

Rookie
Before the season I said I expected the Detroit game to be one of those losses that forces the Rams to see through their internal rationalizations on some of their players on the depth chart. Turns out the team played very hard and damn near upset a Lions team that had significant advantage on defense, which is admirable. But I still do think this game will force some changes.

:helmet: LT. This one is quite ugly. But obviously we're about to see a change here. I imagine the Rams are scouring the market today and tomorrow. We'll see who they bring in. But anyone will be better than Noteboom and clearly Arcuri was not ready to step in there either.

:helmet: ILB. Nothing against Reeder, who I think played about as good as he can in that Detroit game. But he takes bad angles at times, has limited range, and too often (for a guy of his size) gets dragged for extra yards. Nothing but respect for a guy who shows up for us and gives his all but this is a business and he's not good enough. I will say again his job will be gone by SF week. Because we cannot have him in there vs SF. But they will want to get Speights a full dry run vs Arizona to get him ready for SF so I expect the change is made this week at ILB.

:helmet: Z WR. Even if Puka is ok I expect they rest him against Arizona in preparation for SF. So this should be a start for Johnson, who played very well in Detroit and deserves a chance to show what he can do. Also Arizona is a divisional game, so this is a really big opportunity for Johnson. Hope he makes the most of it.

:helmet: NT. I don't think Brown played particularly well vs Detroit. Davis probably didn't do too much better, if at all, but I think Davis has more power to hold up in the middle in a prominent role than Brown. Brown is one of those guys who showed some improvement last season, but still comes up short I think and lands in that group the Rams try to convince themselves will be good enough. Now if Davis didn't do enough to jump him (which is certainly possible as he was rather invisible in his limited looks) I still expect him to eat up more snap real estate vs Arizona and I think that change will help the defensive front.

:helmet: WILB. Rozeboom I felt was solid, but the pairing overall felt like they were limited in range vs the Detroit backfield and speed will continue to be something we need more of even vs Arizona. Because you'll have Murray breaking contain like crazy in the early going I am sure, with the Rams adjusting that as the game goes on. But inserting Hummel would be an excellent way to help in this regard, so I figure Hummel gets a bump in snaps. Won't be a starter change, but Hummel to that pairing next to Speights is the inevitable destination IMO.
After just watching coach Mcvay I think Tutu might get the first chance
So you think a 180 lb receiver is going to block a 240+ lb LBer or DE? There is a thing called a physics that would prove otherwise.

I never understood why people latch onto players that are not an integral part of the team. It’s a strange phenomenon that I’ve witnessed here for years. You can keep pining for Tutu. I’m just glad the coaches had the sense to realize that Robinson was a better fit for this offense. It’s also looking like they feel the same about Whittington and Johnson.
from what I just watched Tutu will be getting chances at puka spot Mcvay said the way the game unfolded is why we didn’t see tutu…

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Parker gone...

Yeah ... when I posted the free agent OTs available, the Rams had 3 open roster spots on the 53-man roster. With the additions today of McMahon, Nsekhe and Christian, that's pretty-much it. Will be interesting to see who they play at Left Tackle in Arizona.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some lessons must be learned more than once.

Hope Tutu kicks ass. Doubt it though. And even if he does he'll quickly disappear thereafter. But I would love to be wrong.

Also and by the way... The Z spot favors Tutu much more than X. Free release should be a significant advantage for him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

from what I just watched Tutu will be getting chances at puka spot Mcvay said the way the game unfolded is why we didn’t see tutu…
Maybe. It seems unlikely that he will be very affective, since he has had a very limited impact so far.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I don't think that TuTu will play, or be effective if he does, until the Oline is straightened out. You can't go deep if you don't have time in the pocket.

fearsomefour

Legend
Or Tutu is too limited? He was on the field for a few snaps. His role right now seems to strictly be as a deep threat.
Thats fine but he needs to be used.
McVay said the game plan moved away from the plans they had to use Tutu.
So it goes.

fearsomefour

Legend
Maybe. It seems unlikely that he will be very affective, since he has had a very limited impact so far.
Adding in his penalty yards last year he was close to 600 yards of offense in a limited role.
Even if it is to go deep when he can get single match ups and draw a flag Im fine with it. A forty yard flag is fine with me.

fearsomefour

Legend
My reaction to any penalty against the Rams after a successful play is always “Bullshit!!!” But with replay it showed Acuri clearly committed a flagrant face mask. With that replay though came my “WTF Acuri!!!” As he had absolutely no reason to commit the foul. What kind of moron is that flagrant was my first reaction but followed by “Why?” As Hutchinson(??) Had 0.0% chance of keeping Whit from making the end zone. I hope Acuri had to answer to that one over and over on the plane ride home. Rams got to start building OL depth now. I’d think Acuri is the first casualty.
I couldn't blame Acuri for holding and grabbing anything he could. Id rather take a flag than Stafford get drilled.
The RT was holding most of the game as well.