49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I just think it’s analogy that cheapens what that Rams have done on both sides of the SB victory.
It cheapens how aggressive they were and how incredibly they’ve rebuilt in such short time..
"Dances with Wolves and Avatar have similar plots."

Kupped: "Nuh-uh! There are no aliens in Dances with Wolves! Not close!"

Tip: when I post something that includes me pretending to be talking to the media through a nonexistent microphone, you don't need to take the post so seriously or literally.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's why, in my post, I compared the Goff trade capital to the Lance trade capital, acknowledging that the Lance deal was unsuccessful. However, the draft capital was Very Close.

The Rams traded two #1s, three #2s and a #3 for the 1st overall pick (Goff).

Believe the Niners traded three #1s and a #3 for the 3rd overall pick (Lance).

You don't consider that to be comparable draft capital?
You add that to 2 1s & a 4th for Ramsey.
2 firsts & a 3rd for Stafford.
2nd & 3rd for Miller who was set for free agency.

McCaffrey was under contact for several years.

It’s not close.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
"Dances with Wolves and Avatar have similar plots."

Kupped: "Nuh-uh! There are no aliens in Dances with Wolves! Not close!"

Tip: when I post something that includes me pretending to be talking to the media through a nonexistent microphone, you don't need to take the post so seriously or literally.
I honestly didn’t know if you were.. that’s why I just talked to the concept that *others* were suggesting.

Hope that makes sense.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The whiners are 1-3 without Trent Williams in the starting lineup. I hope it becomes 1-7 before they give in and pay him. :)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Looks like Williams is ending his holdout. They're finalizing the deal now. Probably another aging vet who wanted to avoid camp. With the Aiyuck deal and now this one, they're gonna be pretty tight against the cap with Purdy's looming deal next year. If they don't win it all this season its gotta be considered a failure with all that talent around Purdy. Things might fall apart starting next year.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Looks like Williams is ending his holdout. They're finalizing the deal now. Probably another aging vet who wanted to avoid camp. With the Aiyuck deal and now this one, they're gonna be pretty tight against the cap with Purdy's looming deal next year. If they don't win it all this season its gotta be considered a failure with all that talent around Purdy. Things might fall apart starting next year.
From what I'm hearing is they will have a good amount of cap to carry over for next season. They will need it because they are projected to be over next season. To be honest though, if they want to keep the window open they easily can, they just kick that can down the road the way the Aints did for so many years.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It’s hilarious how the 49er backers think all these holdouts and big contracts won’t bite them (probably soon).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
From what I'm hearing is they will have a good amount of cap to carry over for next season. They will need it because they are projected to be over next season. To be honest though, if they want to keep the window open they easily can, they just kick that can down the road the way the Aints did for so many years.
The problem is, their stars are getting older. Kick the can down the road and owe aging stars a lot of money. Money they could use to sign new, younger stars. McCaffrey's been getting a lot of use the two seasons he's been with the 49ers. He's at he age where heavily used running backs start to show signs of decline. Kittle's 31 and tends to get dinged up a lot. Deebo's already showing signs of decline. Even with Williams their line is subpar. They have to rely on another lucky year on the injury front because their depth is thin. Then there's that Superbowl loser's hangover thing.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The problem is, their stars are getting older. Kick the can down the road and owe aging stars a lot of money. Money they could use to sign new, younger stars. McCaffrey's been getting a lot of use the two seasons he's been with the 49ers. He's at he age where heavily used running backs start to show signs of decline. Kittle's 31 and tends to get dinged up a lot. Deebo's already showing signs of decline. Even with Williams their line is subpar. They have to rely on another lucky year on the injury front because their depth is thin. Then there's that Superbowl loser's hangover thing.
Deebo I believe they can get out of his contract easily. Kittle I don't believe is signed on for much longer so another easy drop. Yes the Oline is trash outside of Trent. Most likely Ward and Greenlaw will probably be casualty of their cap situation next season. The injury thing is the same for all teams, enough injuries hit one group and your screwed

Name
Brandon
49ers have the most cap space in the NFL to rollover to next year. Age may catch up to them, salary cap will not

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
OTC has the 49ers 48 million over the cap in 2025. I imagine they already factored in Aiyuck's and Williams deals. Next year Ward, Hufanga and Lenoir are all free agents. I doubt they can re-sign all 3. And the back end is the weak link of that defense.

Then of course there's Brock Purdy. They don't have to sign him if they don't want. He'll be under contract that season. They have a history of letting these things drag out. But I imagine waiting a year is gonna cost a whole lot more. They will have to pay him elite money. Is he really elite? Or does the system and talent make him look like that? What if that talent declines?

They're at full strength this year with Aiyuck and Williams finally getting done. But I wouldn't be surprised if they come out of the gate not very sharp. Aiyuck and Williams have not practiced much. McCaffrey's already dinged up with the calf thing.

I'm sure they will still be one of the better NFC teams. Most the roster is returning intact. But I won't be surprised if they take a step back from what they were the last couple years.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Exactly. These dumbasses are keeping the same aging, declining, choking, haven't won shit team together. Gonna be funny as hell to watch them fail again. Here comes the Superbowl hangover bitches!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Was hoping he'd hold out all year. Boo

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Saw a youtube clip from a whiner supporter (allegedly) who says he hopes he's wrong (sorry, didn't copy link).

But he says the whiners are unlikely to win it all this season because of the following reasons. IMO, it made a lot of sense to me.

* The whiners had a string of deep playoff runs including 4 of 5 NFC Championship games, including a couple of super bowl losses.
* The whiners are starting to age and these long seasons and short off seasons eventually takes its toll physically.
* Hufanga and Greenlaw won't be available at the start of the season and Greenlaw will be lucky to return at the end of the season.
* The whiners will have a first place schedule
* The NFC West will have improving teams

That was sort of it in a nutshell, but he also emphasized that the longer seasons takes its toll and could result in more injuries and the possibility of the super bowl hangover, although he didn't use those exact words.

I really hope he's right.

JYB

Starter

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Saw a youtube clip from a whiner supporter (allegedly) who says he hopes he's wrong (sorry, didn't copy link).

But he says the whiners are unlikely to win it all this season because of the following reasons. IMO, it made a lot of sense to me.

* The whiners had a string of deep playoff runs including 4 of 5 NFC Championship games, including a couple of super bowl losses.
* The whiners are starting to age and these long seasons and short off seasons eventually takes its toll physically.
* Hufanga and Greenlaw won't be available at the start of the season and Greenlaw will be lucky to return at the end of the season.
* The whiners will have a first place schedule
* The NFC West will have improving teams

That was sort of it in a nutshell, but he also emphasized that the longer seasons takes its toll and could result in more injuries and the possibility of the super bowl hangover, although he didn't use those exact words.

I really hope he's right.
At some point, isn't it possible they were a little over rated to begin with?
2019: A good season (13-3) where they win 5 close games and lose 2. Then they get Minnesota with Cousins under center starting just his 2nd postseason game. After that, Green Bay and God's Gift to the NFL, who manages to choke every year. Then lose to the Chiefs.
2020: 6-10
2021: 10-7. They overcome a 17-0 Rams lead to win in OT. If the Rams don't puke up that win, SF isn't even in the postseason. They beat Dallas when Dak scrambles up the middle with no timeouts and loses the game. They beat The Great One again, in Green Bay in the snow. Then blow a 10 point lead to the Rams in CCG.
2022: They find Mr. Irrelevant and go 13-4. Beat Seattle and Dallas (again). Then lose to Philly when Purdy gets clocked early.
2023: They go 12-5, barely get by Jordan Love and Green Bay, then Jared Goff and Detroit. And lose to the Chiefs (again).

Have they been a good team? Sure they have. Have they been as great as many rate them? Not in my opinion. Hell, not even as good as the Bills (90-93) and Buffalo didn't win shit. Some Ram fans actually seem like they fear SF. Why?

SF (2017-2023) 64-51, 3 losing seasons, 2 Superbowls, 0 wins
Rams (2017-2023) 70-45, 1 losing season, 2 Superbowls, 1 Lombardi

Last edited: