49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hate to break it to some of you, but I don't see the whiners trading Aiyuk. They have all of the leverage with the franchise tag. They can use that for the next 2 years and probably will if he doesn't agree to a team friendly deal..... That or they get a super sweet trade offer...

Psycho_X

Legend
Hate to break it to some of you, but I don't see the whiners trading Aiyuk. They have all of the leverage with the franchise tag. They can use that for the next 2 years and probably will if he doesn't agree to a team friendly deal..... That or they get a super sweet trade offer...
That's the hope. Dig their heals in and keep a locker room cancer around. Make him so unhappy and pissed it becomes a constant distraction. No complaints from me.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I think jennings could easily fill ayuck’s role. He’s just as solid and apparently, has a better team attitude.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, he has nowhere near the leverage the team has. If he sits out long enough he loses a year of eligibility and he's right back to square one this time next year. They can play hardball and make him play on the 5th year option. Then tag him next year. And again the following year.

At some point he's gonna have to relent and take their offer. Which is fine with me. Pay him 26 mil. Then pay Purdy 50 plus mil next year. A number of contracts they have are going to rise significantly next year. They're gonna have to make some cuts that won't be popular. We went through it. But we also bounced back just fine. Will they?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Maybe but it’s starting to sound like there is some conflicts starting to appear.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
woops. That dude was who all the Whiner fans were pinning their hopes and dreams on if Aiyuk gets traded.
At the same time Aiyuk throws down the gauntlet.

Summer Laughing GIF by America's Got Talent

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah, he has nowhere near the leverage the team has. If he sits out long enough he loses a year of eligibility and he's right back to square one this time next year. They can play hardball and make him play on the 5th year option. Then tag him next year. And again the following year.

At some point he's gonna have to relent and take their offer. Which is fine with me. Pay him 26 mil. Then pay Purdy 50 plus mil next year. A number of contracts they have are going to rise significantly next year. They're gonna have to make some cuts that won't be popular. We went through it. But we also bounced back just fine. Will they?
Not sure they can afford to Tag him 2 years in a row because with all these new WR contracts he would kill their cap. If they play hardball Ayuk can just pull a Ramsey and fake like he's hurt. He'll get his year and be a free agent.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, the reporters were trolling him. Rice stated before the super bowl that the chiefs receiving core was not good enough to beat the 49ers and win the super bowl. Asking him that during a charity gold tournament was very rude and disrespectful.
Disagree. Giving him a little shit is well within fan behaviors. As a known classy ex-player he should be prepared for that and capable of shrugging it off.

Respect the hell out of the dude, always have. But Rice fucked that up. Bad look for him from my perspective.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Today's NFL teams don't hold on to players who don't want to be around. So I'd say a trade is likely. And speaking of that...

"Hey John it's Les... Got a sixth round pick here for your boy Aiyuk, whaddaya say. Might even be willing to throw Tutu in the mix."

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Today's NFL teams don't hold on to players who don't want to be around. So I'd say a trade is likely. And speaking of that...

"Hey John it's Les... Got a sixth round pick here for your boy Aiyuk, whaddaya say. Might even be willing to throw Tutu in the mix."
Haha, I would love that trade.....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I hope they trade him but IMO if they're smart they trade Dweebo

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the 49’ers keep Aiyuk. 2024 is the end of their window. They’ll find a way to keep him… or if a trade for another WR.

dang

Legend
I think the 49’ers keep Aiyuk. 2024 is the end of their window. They’ll find a way to keep him… or if a trade for another WR.
Ratboy may be a generational NFL chocker but he ain’t stupid.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They just drafted a WR- IMO that was when the writing was on the wall.
He knows he’s there best WR.They should get a 2nd round draft pick.
He wants to go to Washington & make some noise.

Washington gave them
Trent Williams for about the same value. Who knows,that’s just my guess.