The Poll to end all Polls

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Rams fire anyone?

• Yes, clean house.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, fire Spags. Hire a new staff.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, fire Devaney. Retain Spags and staff.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, keep Devaney but fire Spags.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, keep everyone.

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I myself said no to firing anyone.

Too many injuries. You can't overlook the improvement from last season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We just did this about a month or so ago. Almost identical.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
We just did this about a month or so ago. Almost identical.

Lesson wasn't on a month ago.

Lesson is sorry.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
Does keep everyone include position coaches?

Yes. I could add another option if needed along the lines of:

No, keep almost everyone but make some changes in the staff.

superfan24

Starter
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
Does keep everyone include position coaches?

Yes. I could add another option if needed along the lines of:

No, keep almost everyone but make some changes in the staff.

I voted for keep everyone, but I would select make some changes in the staff. Way too many injuries to have a chance. spags has done his job with the D

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Im voting to keep everyone, but im starting to lean towards getting rid of McD now (along with a few position coaches). I say lets give Bradford and the offense a fresh start. Go back to the WCO.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I said keep everyone.

The D has been playing well given the decimation at CB and the lack of talent at DT and OLB.

Changing the offense again would be a mistake IMO, but we need to hire a QB coach. Bradford clung to Dick Curl last year and I think that helped his progression. Id also like to see a new WR coach, maybe bring Ike or Torry in full time.

steferfootball

Starter
I'm 50:50 on Devaney. I'm not sure what to think of him. Most of the roster seemingly has regressed this year so it is hard to evaluate the talent.

I'm 100% pro-Spags though.

I'm not sure about Looney (OL coach) or McDaniels.

boondock

UDFA
I voted keep everyone. I feel that they deserve a full offseason/training camp to get it together, fill some holes in the draft and free agency, and get everyone healthy. I could not care less about Devaney, he could stay or go as far as I'm concerned, but give the coaches at least another half a season to see improvments.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I voted to keep them together.

But what I would really like is a true dedicated QB coach, and a OL coach who's scheme fits McDaniels system. I think that's part of the reason why the OL seemed to regress. But otherwise, give them a full year together and see what they can do.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I have only one wish for 2012......for heavens sake would someone please identify the reasons for all these injuries and do something proactive to resolve them? This has not been a one off situation, there's a pattern here and it doesn't seem to be a coincidence....not this many seasons.

I've always had a theory about teams that play cohesively and in sync with one another (usually) have less injuries. I believe this because it seems (to me) that once a player is out of position or not supporting the team mate to his right or left, bad things tend to happen. Take Sam for example, he can't step forward on his follow through and as a result, this altered motion puts pressure on his shoulder and he begins to develop muscle and joint issues. A football team is like an engine, if one part begins to break down, it causes other parts to fail as well.

Oh and please limit the number of walking wounded that we seem intent to bring back only to go down again...and again....and again. :amped: I'm not speaking of guys like Amendola or Saffold and a few others who's injuries are reasonably resolved. But to keep bringing back guys with chronic problems like (Alexander) or repeated injury issues (Hoomanawanui) seems not only ill advised, but foolish and reckless in that such losses only seem to magnify and spread like dominos.

Maybe not perfect analogies, but that's how I've always felt about it. :whome?:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
RealRamsFan said:
I choose to clean house.....but not everyone. I would keep the defensive coordinator and Offensive coordinators. Its been reported that this is the direction that Stan may take.

Here is my reasoning;

All circumstances aside......A Spags coached team has been one the most penalized and undisciplined team in the past 3 years.

All circumstances aside.....A Spags coach team fails to adjust , in a timely manner, to adversities. Poor halftime, in game, and off season adjustments. Regardless on the injuries, this team IN THREE YEARS has failed to find a starting WR (until the Lloyd pick up). They were also slow to address a backup RB.

Believe me I see this team fight for their coach and thats HUGE....but their fight is in consistant and highly undiscipline.

BillyD, I like him and think he has made a solid effort to place a winning team on the field. I believe he made a mistake allowing Spags to have the power to fully dictate the 53 man roster......especially on the offensive side of the ball. I would say retain him but with AJ Smith on the herizon......I think he too has to go. If AJ Smith is retained in SD....then I would keep BillyD.

I know Spags hasn't had a "normal" off season, but he has still failed to develop players, discipline the team from mental mistakes, and adjust to the circumstances.

Its too many PROVEN HC out there and we need to grab one. Keep the coordinators and allow the team to be under the same system.

Whoa, now...hold up.

Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Darian Stewart, Bradley Fletcher, Chombers, Josh Hull (ST guy). Sims and Scott are good rotational guys. Plus what about Gordy, Marquis Johnson? He's even got some production from Ah You. And Robert Quinn is developing nicely for a 20 year old rookie that missed his last year in college.

We may disagree on Spags future here, but you can't deny the progress he has made w/ the defensive players. Offensively, yeah there needs to be major changes. Whether it's coaches or new players (Kalil, Blackmon).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
Whoa, now...hold up.

Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Darian Stewart, Bradley Fletcher, Chombers, Josh Hull (ST guy). Sims and Scott are good rotational guys. Plus what about Gordy, Marquis Johnson? He's even got some production from Ah You. And Robert Quinn is developing nicely for a 20 year old rookie that missed his last year in college.

We may disagree on Spags future here, but you can't deny the progress he has made w/ the defensive players. Offensively, yeah there needs to be major changes. Whether it's coaches or new players (Kalil, Blackmon).
The Rams are actually 23rd in the league as far as most penalized teams go. Discipline in that regard isn't much of a problem. What we see on offense is a bunch of guys who really aren't comfortable in the system. I often wonder why McDaniels is always trying to reinvent himself each week, but he seems to have stopped that (for the most part) recently. On defense, it's kind of amazing that this team isn't getting roasted in the passing game. The linebackers were decent on their other teams, but once they got here they obviously weren't "second nature familiar" with the defensive scheme either. I think if I were to do anything differently, I would have started Kehl and Chamberlain instead of throwing Poppinga and Leber in there. You know, with all my defensive coordinator experience.

I'm not worried about Spagnuolo's ability to coach defense or defensive players. A President of Football Operations who is very offense-oriented would probably do wonders. And I'd probably get that person more involved in roster decisions. Another set of eyes and some more experience in that regard could probably go a long way.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
A President of Football Operations who is very offense-oriented would probably do wonders. And I'd probably get that person more involved in roster decisions. Another set of eyes and some more experience in that regard could probably go a long way.

That would be the best way to go in my opinion. Get someone who will help with roster decisions, and help with little things, mostly on offense, and help with little coaching decisions, time management, etc. It would do wonders in my eyes, keep more stability, but help smooth things out a little more.

In terms of management changes, I only want a new line coach, and receivers coach (maybe LB or DB, but the biggest one is o-line and receivers) and a president of football operations who can be the football guru. Otherwise I'd like things to remain how they are to help with the stability.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
A President of Football Operations who is very offense-oriented would probably do wonders. And I'd probably get that person more involved in roster decisions. Another set of eyes and some more experience in that regard could probably go a long way.

That would be the best way to go in my opinion. Get someone who will help with roster decisions, and help with little things, mostly on offense, and help with little coaching decisions, time management, etc. It would do wonders in my eyes, keep more stability, but help smooth things out a little more.

In terms of management changes, I only want a new line coach, and receivers coach (maybe LB or DB, but the biggest one is o-line and receivers) and a president of football operations who can be the football guru. Otherwise I'd like things to remain how they are to help with the stability.

I agree with everything except for the bolded part. In my honest opinion, with all of the problems that the DB coach has had to face, it would be completely unfair to fire him. If anything, this guy should be praised for holding this unit together.

I don't think that any of the defensive coordinators are the problem.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Spags works pretty closely with every unit of the defense, but Andre Curtis is the guy who handles the safeties and corners. <a class="postlink" href="http://rams.imgrelay.com/html/183.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rams.imgrelay.com/html/183.html</a> I can't imagine how good this team would be if they just stuck with Chambo and Kehl from the onset, and had an offense that was capable of getting a lead. Freaking Jackson going down on the first play from scrimmage against the Eagles was the first domino. Damn, what could have been.

Oh well. Tee it up again.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where would the 49's be without cleaning house? What if they gave 1 more year? They may win it all after cleaning house.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

I agree with everything except for the bolded part. In my honest opinion, with all of the problems that the DB coach has had to face, it would be completely unfair to fire him. If anything, this guy should be praised for holding this unit together.

I don't think that any of the defensive coordinators are the problem.

I honestly don't have a problem with the DB coach, I don't really mean that he's bad or anything, I don't really know much about him really. I've just heard people say that they would like an upgrade for different coaches, and that's one I've seen before. Really I just want a new O-Line coach, and I wouldn't mind seeing a new WR coach.