THC for Parkinson's disease

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I have been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease by two doctors. But over the past two years the meds don't work very well, to reduce the motor skill problems. I have several issues; gait, feet freezing on turns and hand tremors. I don't know if anyone here has used THC for medicinal purposes. And weed is legal in Illinois for recreational use.
Thanks

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm sorry man. My father in law has had the same diagnosis and he said the same thing about the meds not working well. I think he'd do well to try THC as well since he has arthritis in his back, and has had both hips and one knee replaced. The guy is in constant pain but he is in good spirits. If you can I'd just give it a try. No harm in that. Its not going to make things worse. Its a great stress relief.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I bet it will help. Especially if you ingest it. Start out with a very small amount at first. Don't expect to feel anything from it right away after you eat it. Give it at least an hour to decide if you need to eat more.

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sorry man. My father in law has had the same diagnosis and he said the same thing about the meds not working well. I think he'd do well to try THC as well since he has arthritis in his back, and has had both hips and one knee replaced. The guy is in constant pain but he is in good spirits. If you can I'd just give it a try. No harm in that. Its not going to make things worse. Its a great stress relief.
Thanks for the support!

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
I bet it will help. Especially if you ingest it. Start out with a very small amount at first. Don't expect to feel anything from it right away after you eat it. Give it at least an hour to decide if you need to eat more.
I'm going to give the gummies a try. I'll start slow and give it time to work.

Thanks

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
I remember a post on here about overdoing brownies that he was given to try. All I remember is he "lost" a day.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I remember a post on here about overdoing brownies that he was given to try. All I remember is he "lost" a day.
Yeah. That THC butter can be very unpredictable and EXTREMELY POTENT.
Gummies, vape and candies should be a little more predictable than the homemade baked goods.

The recommendation try a little, then wait an hour before taking more is highly recommended.

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
Yeah. That THC butter can be very unpredictable and EXTREMELY POTENT.
Gummies, vape and candies should be a little more predictable than the homemade baked goods.

The recommendation try a little, then wait an hour before taking more is highly recommended.
Was that you?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Imho sometimes Pharma meds can be worse than the issue,especially when it comes to brain things/issues.So there;s that.

My Nephew has and is still fighting colon cancer, but it;s much much better after years and he takes an extract without THC, doesn;t want the high. But this stuff is more expensive and comes in chocolate bar form/flavor.

Now imho @Oldgeek ,,if it;s legal and you don;t mind the buzz smoking it, just get 1 of those 1 hit pipes ,try that 1st imho.

here this is much better expalining a few things than I ever will.

Wish You the Best.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you should give the medicinal cannabis a try. it works wonders for some people.

the cbd oil might be beneficial for your disease.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
If you do the edibles. Follow the instructions! I didn't know the details and ate two brownies. Not knowing each brownie had about two joints each. And having never smoked weed before. Boy was I on a fuckin roller coaster. Lmmfao

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
If you do the edibles. Follow the instructions! I didn't know the details and ate two brownies. Not knowing each brownie had about two joints each. And having never smoked weed before. Boy was I on a fuckin roller coaster. Lmmfao
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm very sensitive to meds in general so I will probably start with small doses and slowly increase until I notice as change. I will keep you all posted on my way.

fearsomefour

Legend
If you have medicinal dispensaries where you talk to them about a strain or product specific to your diagnosis.
Different medicinal products are for different issues.
Do a lot of research on your own.
If you can find a Parkinson’s support group online you get some valuable first hand feed back that way.
I grew and extracted CBD oil for a friends child who was suffering with seizures. The affect was profound.
A miracle.
But, as they say, results may vary.
Be prepared for push back from some doctors.
Do your own research and do a lot of it.
Go slowly with the THC edibles.
The sickest I’ve been in my life was on edibles.
Keep us posted.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
If you have medicinal dispensaries where you talk to them about a strain or product specific to your diagnosis.
Different medicinal products are for different issues.
Do a lot of research on your own.
If you can find a Parkinson’s support group online you get some valuable first hand feed back that way.
I grew and extracted CBD oil for a friends child who was suffering with seizures. The affect was profound.
A miracle.
But, as they say, results may vary.
Be prepared for push back from some doctors.
Do your own research and do a lot of it.
Go slowly with the THC edibles.
The sickest I’ve been in my life was on edibles.
Keep us posted.
Awesome post Michael J Fox runs a Big Time PD internet board and has raised over a billion dollar's for the PD cause.